Review Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives +

We pushed and hell, had Hawthorn beat for a lot of the game. Can't say the same about Fremantle or Sydney. Still proud that our only blowout game/one we weren't in has been the derby.

Mids kicking goals. Shuey, Hutch, Rosa. We needed more, but it was good to see the contribution.

Darling and JJK working together and both being able to score.

Lycett. I'll be honest, when I heard NN and Sinkers were out I thought he'd get killed, but he more than held his own.

Negatives -

This is probably moreso due to Hawks' great defence, but it didn't seem like we could take a mark on HF all night. Darling clunked a few.

Yeo left the game at QT.

Too much space! Often when the ball went down defensive 50 the Hawks had enough room to shoot off HBs and get shots off, whereas we had to move through about 6 blokes to get some air. Was the difference in the last 10m, they found space where we didn't.

Overall, a really good showing. We weren't bad, a few skill errors late cost us, but we're still young, still learning. We don't have the skills of Hawthorn (or dare I say it) or Freo yet. But we're showing good signs for the future.

Last edited:
Positives
- Played very well considering the late outs. The pressure on Lycett would have been huge but he got through it and played a good game.
- Kennedy having one his better games in the past few weeks. Working well with Darling and has the coleman wrapped up.
- good games from Priddis, Shuey, Gaff.
- Schofield and Shep are working their asses off week in week out.

Negatives
- Mcgovern struggling.
- Yeo still takes some nice marks but has not been as impressive as he was earlier this year.
- I had this game recorded on foxtel to watch when I got home late last night but it cut out with about 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Negatives

Shannon Hurn seems to be in poor form, and is not providing any rebound.

Really?

Against Adelaide - 18 touches 8 marks
Collingwood - 23 touches and 10 marks
Sydney - 22 touches, 3 marks, 2 tackles
Gold Coast - 21 touches, 4 marks, 2 tackles and a goal.

He was a little quiet yesterday but the game was a wet rolling maul.

Positives.

+We took it to the Hawks and just came up short.
+So many players have turned their games around and it's beautiful to watch.
+Shep and Darling were huge in first half
+Lycett is a beast and finds alot of it
+Game plan is sound and everyone showed effort after a poor game last week.

Negatives

-Nic's mother passing
-Boundry umpire in the pocket in the last
-Thumbley as all hell
-Had the Hawks scared in the first half only to let them play their outside chippy chippy crap and open us up in the 2nd half.
-We also went back to the bomb it long over our shoulders which the Hawks eat up.
-Played into the Hawks plan, this s**t wont cut it in a final.
-McGovern most likely cooked for the year :cry:

Really?

Against Adelaide - 18 touches 8 marks
Collingwood - 23 touches and 10 marks
Sydney - 22 touches, 3 marks, 2 tackles
Gold Coast - 21 touches, 4 marks, 2 tackles and a goal.

He was a little quiet yesterday but the game was a wet rolling maul.

Hurn should be doing a lot more and imposing himself on the game in an attacking and offensive way.

Does the job defensively very well, but he can be so much more than just a defender.

He should be streaming out of the backline and pushing up into the forward half either delivering it lace out to our forwards or pinging shots at goal.

Has all the skills in the world but rarely uses it.

Hurn really should be much more than just a kick in player.

the main negative out of this loss is that collectively we still fall into a bundle in tight games. we did it last week against gold coast too.

we still have some major hacks in our team, but even our more esteemed players have an alarming habit of either going completely missing or making horrendous, calamitous errors late in games when it is there to be won.

for that reason, we still seem a fair way off realistically contending for the flag.

Hurn should be doing a lot more and imposing himself on the game in an attacking and offensive way.

Does the job defensively very well, but he can be so much more than just a defender.

He should be streaming out of the backline and pushing up into the forward half either delivering it lace out to our forwards or pinging shots at goal.

Has all the skills in the world but rarely uses it.

Hurn really should be much more than just a kick in player.

I agree he has the skills and more importantly the footy smarts to do more but to me it looks like Simmo wants Shep and Wellers to be the first kick out of the 50.

Next year with Emac and Brown back I think we will see him use it further up the field.
Can see Schofield going for a few more runs too.

Positives:
- Nearly won it minus NN, Brown, McKenzie & Gov. Even if 2015 isn't successful, 2016 is exciting!
- We continue to have a great spread of contributors.
- Still sitting 2nd.
- Confident that if we meet hawks in finals we're a chance, home or away. I thought they played out of their skins, had a full side and all the luck in the world and only got up by 2 goals.

Negatives:
- The mistakes that are fine against mid-tier sides were exposed by the Hawks. Still need a bit more polish before we're a genuine dominant side.
- Gov hammy?
- Yeo in the ruck. Was some poor coaching / onfield leadership to allow that. Lycett should have been rushed off the bench to contest the ruck in our F50 or someone should have gone 3rd man up. Instead, after 2-3 mins of working our butts of for no score, Hawks took it away from a contest, ran it up the ground and goaled.
- Commentators creaming themselves whenever Rioli appeared on screen.
- Ump not calling the ball out, allowing hawks the goal. You win some and you lose some with ump calls, but when a decision like that costs a side a goal in such an even contest...

You forgot Gibson and Burgoyne. No point in only naming 60% of our non-white players.
PUOPOLO%20Paul.png

Looks pretty white to me.

Lol at puopolo not being white. F*ck out of here you race baiting campaigner
Yeah it was probably a bad call by me. Sorry. I just find it strange that those three, two of whom are about as inoffensive as any player in the AFL, would be the subject of such hatred. I can't think of why that would be.

Yeah it was probably a bad call by me. Sorry. I just find it strange that those three, two of whom are about as inoffensive as any player in the AFL, would be the subject of such hatred. I can't think of why that would be.

Kinda racist of you to group them by skin colour, isn't it?

+
I thought Lycett was very serviceable.
Kennedy did well - unlucky not to get a couple of high contacts, holding the mans and front on contact frees
Gaff
Cripps
Kicking for goal was better - albeit three posters in first half proved costly.
Sheppard
LeCras played well apart from brain fade. Not sure it as bad as some on here seem to think (haven't seen replay so I stand to be corrected)
-
A couple of poor defensive decisions cost us.
Selwood needs to be told he isn't playing rugby, Tucking ball under arm and trying to barge through every time is a different game to one he tried to play last night.
Mitchell given too much latitude.
Rosa is a not an impact player. If he has fitness let him outrun his opponent. He does not have the presence or hurt factor to be an effective sub
Sheed had a poor game
Darling has lost hunger for the ball.
Masten is coasting again.

?????
Wtf - there was no booing of Rioli and Burgoyne. I thought we were supposed to be racist.
I knew we were in trouble when we lined up in centre square with Lycett (no other choice) with Selwood, Hutch and Priddis and his feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda racist of you to group them by skin colour, isn't it?
Possibly. But I think the world those players, so does that make me racist against Anglo-saxons (I am Anglo-Saxon)?!

Sorry guys, I don't want to derail this thread. My apologies - I'll get out of here.

P.S. I love the way your team plays, it's great to watch and is helping to resolve the AFL's current issue of low scores and boring games. I reckon you'll win a flag in the next 2 years, and I will be cheering for you (as long as it's not against the Hawks).

Last edited:
Positives- None

We choked and blew our chance at finishing top 2. Fremantle will win the Derby next week like they always do. Plus a bloke called Gov did his hammy.

As I said in Keyser's thread, opportunities only present themselves sporadically and failure to seize them is catastrophic. Who knows when our next premiership chance is?

Positives- None

We choked and blew our chance at finishing top 2. Fremantle will win the Derby next week like they always do. Plus a bloke called Gov did his hammy.

As I said in Keyser's thread, opportunities only present themselves sporadically and failure to seize them is catastrophic. Who knows when our next premiership chance is?

With Freo finishing top 2 this year it doesn't really matter. We'll have to beat them to win a flag and they effectively give us 2 home finals for finishing in the top 4. We finish third (likely) and lose to the Hawks week 1, we'll play off in a prelim at Subi. We finish fourth, we get them week one so a win gives us a home prelim and a loss sees us with a home semi. Hell, even slipping to 6th would even give us a shot at a prelim at Subi. The premiership window didn't close on the weekend (if it's even open), we just need to make sure the next few weeks isn't disastrous (ie: no new injuries and beating one of the bullies or crows and taking care of the saints) and we're in the 4 with 2 home finals to look forward to if we can at least win our semi. Just need our guns on the park and we're a real shot.

Today I had sex with the Boundary umpire from this games wife, and then proceeded to have sex with his daughter right in front of his face. As if this wasn't bad enough I stole his car and then burnt down his house as well as all his possessions. To finish off I wrote to The afl and had him sacked from his job.

You may see this as my actions were pretty harsh and unfair but don't worry, theres absolutely no chance of him noticing that I've crossed the line

Last edited:
At first I was like wha, but then I was like ohh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back