Prediction Positives for the Rest of the 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Smotie I'll bet you that we come in the top 10 this years. If we so you leave the site, if we don't I leave. You in?

For me to respond I really need you to speak english. I do know some Greek but only a few words and some of them are swear words.

For me to respond I really need you to speak english. I do know some Greek but only a few words and some of them are swear words.
I bet you that the eagles will be top 10 this season. If I win then you leave the site and vice versa.

I bet you that the eagles will be top 10 this season. If I win then you leave the site and vice versa.

Really? You haven't left much scope for a challenge and you must not be that confident in our club.
How about make it top 6?

It's a ridiculous proposition. I am not going to delete my account and neither are you.
The Eagles won't finish in the eight and you know it.

This forum is about diversity of opinion. If you don't like my opinion you are welcome to put me on ignore.

Really? You haven't left much scope for a challenge and you must not be that confident in our club.
How about make it top 6?

So your big call is that the Eagles will finish anywhere between 7th and 18th

Weren't you making noise about us not being a chance against St Kilda a few days ago?

So your big call is that the Eagles will finish anywhere between 7th and 18th

Weren't you making noise about us not being a chance against St Kilda a few days ago?
Was I?
I don't think we will win any more than 5 games for the year.
Can't say that because all the shiny happy people will be upset.

I don't think we will win any more than 5 games for the year.

Bookmarked! Any qualifiers you care to add to that?

And for my part - I don't think you're wrong about many of our issues, I just think we aren't likely to hit rock bottom (bottom 4) unless even more injuries strike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we start talking about top four now ;)

Seriously, I said it was too early to declare the season over. Beating Carlton is hardly a game changer, but I have a feeling we'll win quite a few at home, snatch a couple on the road, maybe knock over one or two top eight teams and be in the mix for the top eight with about six other teams. Probably just miss out on the top eight, but if we can start to win regularly at home, that's a big step.

Lets not get too carried away tonight, I've see a rabble WCE demolish Melb by 80+ Points and everyone crowing that "we're back on track".

Anyway onto positives, even though Carlton were Putrid:

Give Sheed time and space and he has a lethal kick on him. Encouraging. Appears to be an upgrade Priddis. Remains to be seen if he can play with decent opposition.

Nelson - very very encouraging.

I don't want to put the Voodoo on Duggan but he will be an absolute star, an A Grade midfielder. That one bit of play where he was in the defensive 50 and the ball was going towards Carltons goal. While everyone was gathering around the ball, he took off to our forward 50 and 20 seconds later he received the ball.

He could see the play unfolding 10 steps before anyone else could see it. It's instinctive. He's a natural born reader of the play. Will be an absolute star.

Other bits of play, time slows down for him.

If you're confident why did you want to amend the bet to top six?

You secretly rate us don't you Smotes
I rate a number of our players including our new recruits.
What I don't rate is our midfield in priddis, Rosa, masten and wellingham. Add mcginnity to that list and add our injuries in brown, emac and a number of others.
But our midfield can dominate the flat trackers but when we play anyone with a decent midfield we get smashed as history is showing us.
Simpson is showing he won't change our mids no matter what disposal shot they dish up or even if they disappear in games. But it is proven we can't mix it with the middle to best midfield. And we can't do that we can't move higher than ninth.
We were better after quarter time and we needed to be. Gaff and shuey and Sheed looked good. But I'm not putting any stocks into beating Carlton even though I thought we would lose.
5 games is a bit low but after last week pessimism crept in. We might get to 9 wins.

But to be positive for the thread it was great to see duggan and his run. Hoping he stays in, he looks the goods along with Sheed. We might finally be steering in the right direction.

A positive for me is a possibility of getting 4 NAB Rising star nominations in Sheed, Duggo, Lamb and Nelson

If you're confident why did you want to amend the bet to top six?

You secretly rate us don't you Smotes
Actually, I think there is only one poster on this board who doesn't rate the eagles and I haven't seen them on this board much this week. Jack_the_Ninja what were your thoughts on the young players? Something to get excited about or ho hum?

Actually, I think there is only one poster on this board who doesn't rate the eagles and I haven't seen them on this board much this week. Jack_the_Ninja what were your thoughts on the young players? Something to get excited about or ho hum?
Mate I wanna be excited about Lamb and Jackson, but from the little I saw of Duggan I think he will be average and not elite. I tipped us to win last night as I have Carlton below us on the ladder come seasons end, Bontempelli excites the hell out of me and this is the kind of player we require to add to our list to compliment our excellent spine. We are still "FTB" and we need to knock off either Freo or Port to improve past this and become a serious competitor for the 8. If we hit the Port game in a month's time and have 4 wins under our belt I will be impressed, 3 means we lost to Freo and beat up GWS and the Lions with the jury will still be out in my books.

Please elaborate.
I watched him last week versus Subi and he was serviceable but not great, he did kick a good running goal from the 50 after taking a good tackle from Fimmano. Last night I only saw the replays of his kicks on goal this morning as I was working and not watching the game.

I watched him last week versus Subi and he was serviceable but not great, he did kick a good running goal from the 50 after taking a good tackle from Fimmano. Last night I only saw the replays of his kicks on goal this morning as I was working and not watching the game.

Haha bloody hell.

Hahha even I am not that down. I reckon duggan will mould into someone like cousins for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back