Review Positives (Ha!) and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Negatives
- Pretty sure Richmond still haven't leapfrogged us on the ladder due to percentage, unfortunate.
- Sheed showcasing his abilities
- Ash smith.... Goodbye my lover
- Forward line is generally awful, inb4 some fool claims it's solely the midfields fault
- Cox's early exist. And the fact we STILL put up that effort after the hit on our main man. What's even sadder is that I'm not surprised at all by that at all.
- Majority of the team seemingly playing with no heart.... again.
- Kennedy has truly had a shocking year. Not ideal conditions, but if a spoon like vickery can play a part, then so should JK ffs.

Positives
- Matt had 18 tackles, I wasn't paying attention enough to notice how effective they all were.
- Ellis's courage was a highlight, and his overall game was impressive enough.
- Losing this made up for the fact we scraped over the line foolishly against Brisbane
- Talking finals should finally be finished so maybe we can see some more youngsters having a crack

Negative
- Really need to find another way to kick into our forward line, constant bombing is costing us games
- Our midfield is disgustingly bad and so far behind the top 4 sides it pretty scary how utterly s**t we are at drafting the last couple of years

Positives .....shuey coming back on
Priddis game .....save abuse for his thread please
Mackenzie lock for all Australian
Nic nat was good and tried hard
Ellis .

The bad
Simpson .....fool for picking such a tall team on a wet night
Smith and butler ....please no more
Cox punch was a disgrace
Schofield needs to learn to give first possession .....you can kick the ball faster than you can run!

negatives:
  • ive just about lost my passion for this football club. The blokes within it (particularly the midfield) dont seem to give a s**t.
  • the rain came in from the north and got soaked.
  • some dick snap who was waiting behind me in line for a burger snapped it up and ran off after i had waited 10 minutes.
  • there is no premiership tilt in this group. Its beyond them. We are further behind than we were when Ken Judge took over in 2000.
  • sorry for the tin foil hat conspiracy, but our drafting and development has been so bad for the last 8 years that i swear there is a mole at the club sabotaging us. We have had more than our fair share of good draft picks but have come up with spuds on most.
positives:
  • none come to mind. Our team is insipid.

I didnt even know Sheed was playing. But I'll cut the kid some slack.
Ash Smith however...
Still haven't learnt my lesson and continue tipping us.

Positives - I thought we tried pretty hard, we simply lack ability in many areas.

Negatives - Coaching was poor, to let Richmond have a spare man in defence all game in wet conditions was just simply not acceptable.
To play the flanks going forward in those conditions is not acceptable either, the players are either following instructions to do that or they are just dumb.
How Bennell can't get a game is just mind boggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive: I didnt watch the game. First time in a looooong time.

Negative: By all accounts we haven't changed a wit since the bye.

...or they are just dumb.
This is our biggest problem...people bang on about how we need speed or how we need big bodies etc etc but it's evident we need brains, players with footy smarts. We have players with speed but that's all they have, we have players with big bodies but don't know how to use them.

Positive: I didnt watch the game. First time in a looooong time.

Negative: By all accounts we haven't changed a wit since the bye.
thats what this current west coast side is doing to me. I just have very little motivation to watch Eagles games. I almost couldnt be bothered going to subi oval tonight. Last weekend even when we were in front of brisbane i just didnt give a crap about watching the last quarter. The entertainment just isnt there and the players are very uninspiring.

This is our biggest problem...people bang on about how we need speed or how we need big bodies etc etc but it's evident we need brains, players with footy smarts. We have players with speed but that's all they have, we have players with big bodies but don't know how to use them.

Yes in the highlights package they showed Masten and Gaff run into each front on other at a bounce down going for the same ball. Richmond picked off the crumb and kicked a goal. Just dumb.

Positives:
- Priddis stepped up and showed what it meant to put your head over the ball
- Ellis showed his courage and skill on more than one occasion
- EMac did another great job down back
- Hurn keeps on making the right decisions with ball in hand, next Capt.
- NN 50 hitouts

Negatives:
- Miserable night for football
- Richmond were ferocious at the ball and the player tonight. They simply out muscled us at nearly every contest. We do not have enough players going really hard when the ball is there to be won esp. when it was on the ground.
- There were many instances when we could have tapped, kicked or push the ball to advantage but skill and awareness let us down. Richmond did this exceptionally well in the conditions.
- Our inability to just keep the ball moving forward killed us, we should have taken more direct options down the middle to give ourselves more opportunity.
- The key to winning in these conditions is to keep the ball moving forward and lock it in at all costs. Two instances tonight where they were allowed to get a clean mark on the kick in which resulted in goal.
- Simmo should have manned up the second player that was double teaming JK in the last. They were allowed to just block him and take an easy mark when we had the run of play.
- I think Smith might be finished, showed his true colours again tonight and it was all dark grey.

Last edited:
Also talked about class. Maybe the wheel is turning?
Simmo has known all along we are miles behind in class and size. Note that he directly mentioned the midfielders in this regard. It's a shame the club was allowed to stagnate for so long and this is now the result. Looking forward to Simmo really shaking up the place.

Positives... gave my tickets to a mate.

Negatives... watched the game in a bar in Melbourne surrounded by Richmond supporters who are just as ignorant of the rules as the Richmond dicks that live in Perth.
..Dom Sheed is a long way off doing the number 4 jumper justice.
..Andrew Gaff still just going through the motions. Will make a great VFL player! !

Positives... gave my tickets to a mate.

Negatives... watched the game in a bar in Melbourne surrounded by Richmond supporters who are just as ignorant of the rules as the Richmond dicks that live in Perth.
..Dom Sheed is a long way off doing the number 4 jumper justice.
..Andrew Gaff still just going through the motions. Will make a great VFL player! !

Nah mate. I dont think that's the case. That may have been correct for the first few rounds but Gaff has really been trying for the majority of the season.
Going through the motions is someone like...Masten? Now there's a real pea-heart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back