Review Positives (Ha!) and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah mate. I dont think that's the case. That may have been correct for the first few rounds but Gaff has really been trying for the majority of the season.
Going through the motions is someone like...Masten? Now there's a real pea-heart.

Yeah not so sure, I just think he is far too small to compete with the big boys, he isn't alone here though.

Simmo has known all along we are miles behind in class and size. Note that he directly mentioned the midfielders in this regard. It's a shame the club was allowed to stagnate for so long and this is now the result. Looking forward to Simmo really shaking up the place.

That's all well and good for him to say that but his selections continue to baffle me. Why do we keep playing so tall when we've proven all year it doesn't work. Despite what anyone says on here a lot our talls have either been unfit or out of form, and it's coating us games. Why Bennell didn't come into the side tonight instead of gifting another game to Cox was ridiculous. Plenty of retires don't get a farewell game if it doesn't suit the club and the conditions didn't suit playing Cox tonight. We could of waited two weeks to give him a farewell if we had to.

That's all well and good for him to say that but his selections continue to baffle me. Why do we keep playing so tall when we've proven all year it doesn't work. Despite what anyone says on here a lot our talls have either been unfit or out of form, and it's coating us games. Why Bennell didn't come into the side tonight instead of gifting another game to Cox was ridiculous. Plenty of retires don't get a farewell game if it doesn't suit the club and the conditions didn't suit playing Cox tonight. We could of waited two weeks to give him a farewell if we had to.

Look no doubt that the selections have me baffled as well i.e. Lycett, Bennell, 3 rucks etc but it is what it is and I have full confidence he is aware of the issues and is simply experimenting with this list. He did say we have play something like 36 players already this year which is almost our entire list.

Look no doubt that the selections have me baffled as well i.e. Lycett, Bennell, 3 rucks etc but it is what it is and I have full confidence he is aware of the issues and is simply experimenting with this list. He did say we have play something like 36 players already this year which is almost our entire list.

Yes but you've got to play them at the right times, and we have done the opposite of that all year.

Yes I understand Sheed is a first year player...but 7 possessions? Really? Just 7 possessions? We could've thrown in any bog standard WAFL midfielder and we'd have been better off.

No not at all, they would have excelled no matter when they played. I am saying that Masten isn't as good as them and his size doesn't help him make up the difference.

Ah, yeah sadly. When I think small mid, Kerr springs to mind and his relentless attack on the ball and willingness to go hard at the contest.
I think, why can't Masten do that? But then again Kerr was an amazing player and we were spoilt with those quality mids.

Yes I understand Sheed is a first year player...but 7 possessions? Really? Just 7 possessions? We could've thrown in any bog standard WAFL midfielder and we'd have been better off.

Hasn't exactly set the world alight in his first year. Considering we gave up pick 6 for him.

Sheppard showed more in his first year, and he's STILL only just finding his feet at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt even know Sheed was playing. But I'll cut the kid some slack.
Ash Smith however...
Still haven't learnt my lesson and continue tipping us.
You can add Sheed to our ever growing list of under achieving early picks - Masten, Sheppard, Selwood, Shuey...ect.

Negatives: Only Lecca and to some extent Priddis put up a fight after Cox was downed
Pissweak standing up for the jumper and each other has been a constant black mark against this team for over 7 or so years. The team hardly ever flies the flag for each other.
Until that is rebuilt, they won't play for each other 100% eather.
Postives - another 6 changes comming up
- being called into work saved my computer, telly and possibly marriage
Negatives - I don't have that kind of time

Positive
One disaster closer to our year finishing and I can stop grinding my teeth on weekends.
Lecca, loved watching him fire up.
Vickery giving us someone to really boo for a long long time.
Emacs save
Starting to look forward to the changes coming in this quite insipid team.

Negatives
That's no way to send off a hero. Hated that game so much.

Yes, we could have but there would be no benefit in that. I thought Sheed moved to the right positions for the ball but didn't get the ball.
We need to play him to a) develop him or b) learn if he's up to it like the previous coaching staff did. You're not going to find those thing out with him in the WAFL.

Yeah not so sure, I just think he is far too small to compete with the big boys, he isn't alone here though.
Masten did nothing last night. Not sure what happened to him but he hasn't seemed to develop properly at all. Improved his kicking but now he's just a bit of a nothing player.

Biggest negative for me was seeing Vickery smiling after the match and his teammates patting him on the back at half-time.

The boys must be truly demoralised. Zero leadership. Our last remaining star player gets knocked out and they blow the match in front of their home crowd. It just embodies our current situation - no one to lead the side and no one to drag us over the line when the stakes are high. We're turning into Melbourne.

I thought the only time we looked dangerous going into the forward line was when Masten was kicking it in there - everyone else was just bombing it in with no purpose. Agree he needs to keep working on getting bigger and stronger.

Yes, we could have but there would be no benefit in that. I thought Sheed moved to the right positions for the ball but didn't get the ball.
We need to play him to a) develop him or b) learn if he's up to it like the previous coaching staff did. You're not going to find those thing out with him in the WAFL.
Agree Swannies. I have often seen Sheed in space waving his arms around in his games this year but it isn't kicked to him (I do look for him in games though!). He is the new kid, maybe his team mates just aren't sure if he is the right option yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back