Positives/Negatives vs Port

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I would be as happy as pig in s**t if Priddis turned elite in any one of those categories. It's not Priddis the man that is the problem, its the role that position demands. This is the thing that many gloss over.

Who would you rather in the middle of a pack getting and releasing the contested ball - Matt Priddis or Daniel Kerr? Why?

Priddis is limited. Too limited. Give me Hutchings as our No.1 inside mid and it would be a big step up from Priddis.

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
Personally, I had a great time listening to a wag in the crowd near us on Saturday night. A lot of the usuals were away and obviously on sold their tickets.

I wish this guy was there every week, had me cracking up and I actually enjoyed the game because of it. It was like we never even lost!

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Bennell was a standout last night, played easily his best game for the club. Bennell and Yeo are a massive upgrade in defense from A Selwood and co from last year.

Priddis obviously looked at his tape from the Geelong game and vowed to never kick around corners when he can handball instead. That goes the same for Gaff.

Naitanui played a lot better, hopefully he can keep building his form. Another 2>3 weeks with that level of improvement building each week and he will get to where we need him.

How could I have overlooked Darling. Getting better every week with space around him to run into, could have won the game off his own boot.....but didn't.

Negatives: (takes a deep breath)

Seriously Cox and Darling have done themselves a massive disservice over the past year or two in over acting whenever they think they deserve a free kick. Throwing their heads and arms back as soon as they get touched has resulted in the umpires refusing to pay even obvious frees. Darling gets man handled all game but the umps just think its acting, same with cox in the ruck. Seriously guys just stop acting so much and play footy and the frees will come.

Kennedy, just use the old kicking technique that works mate.:(

The more I watch Gaff this year the more I hope he asks for a trade. Hopefully he racks up the possessions to inflate his value but the guy is too small and too one sided. Gets brushed aside and can't break a tackle. Direct swap for Yarren or get another first rounder and get Bennell from GC.

Both Hill and Cripps were very quiet, Hill more so. We need Tunbridge in and Hill out. Tunbridge is quick and can lay and stick a tackle plus kick a goal or two. Has a heart and not afraid to get hurt for his side.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives:

- Still top 4 lol
- Bennell: He is really loving his role and its good to see him playing awesome against the hard teams and not the easy ones. He adds pace and skills that we sorely lacked in the backline last year. He is always up for taking the game on.
- Yeo: Love his attack on the ball and like Bennell offers pace and skills out of the backline. Once Hurn is back i can see him playing some more time in the midfield.
- Shep: He really is looking the goods down back and i do hope he stays there for the long term. With Bennell, Shep & Yeo all playing exciting footy out of the backline i think our midfield will look heaps better when Hurn and Ellis are back in the team, giving the team more versatility with Hurn, Yeo, Shep and Ellis all able to have stints in the midfield to mix it up abit if needed.
- Mckenzie, Glass and Brown all doing their job in the backline with EMAC in AA form and Brown improving each game.
- Rosa is our inform mid and is playing the best he ever has and its great to see.
- Shuey coming back and dealt with a tight tag pretty well and he stepped it up in the last 1/4 to try get us over the line.
- Masten coming back and showing some form.
- Nic Nat playing his best game for the season and i think he is slowly building his form and fitness up that we will see him back to his best after the bye.
- Darling just dominating all over the ground.

Negatives:

- JK & Cox playing a bit out of form but you would back them to get back into it pretty quickly.
- We need to slow it down slightly when going for goal as there was some impressive plays from the backline to up front and then we stuff them up. If we fix them up we are a better side and we could have won.

If the Blues still had no won a game i would be worried but now they have that on their back we should win this..

This. Was pleased they won on the weekend. They needed to get a win under the belt to release some tension and it was always going to happen eventually. Hopefully they're still in the midst of their post release self satisfaction this week

The more I watch Gaff this year the more I hope he asks for a trade. Hopefully he racks up the possessions to inflate his value but the guy is too small and too one sided. Gets brushed aside and can't break a tackle. Direct swap for Yarren or get another first rounder and get Bennell from GC.

My sentiments exactly. Even if we just lost him for a draft pick, I honestly wouldn't panic. I don't think it would be as big a loss as people think.

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors
My sentiments exactly. Even if we just lost him for a draft pick, I honestly wouldn't panic. I don't think it would be as big a loss as people think.

Fair, but i don;t think we could afford to lose Rosa and Gaff in the one off-season. Both play that link-man-from-defence role.

LordHaart

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Doesn't that depend on who replaces them?

H Bennell + Matera would be alright and Yarran is showing a bit and Caaaaarlton are having a shocker so far.......touch wood.:oops:

I think Milenko was talking about trading them for picks. If we could trade them for a like-for-like replacement then it's a whole 'nother story. Do you really think we could get Bennell or Matera for Gaff or Rosa though?

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Who would you rather in the middle of a pack getting and releasing the contested ball - Matt Priddis or Daniel Kerr? Why?

Priddis is limited. Too limited. Give me Hutchings as our No.1 inside mid and it would be a big step up from Priddis.
Priddis, Kerr is retired and unfit.
Hutchings is not AFL standard and should not be mentioned in the same breath as the other two.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi

Really he wouldn't.

Back