Review Positives/Negatives vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, it was a hell of a shock to me. Conditions and history were against us, for one thing.
They are lucky is wasn't dry!! Would have don't them by 100... Sydney lost to GWS, Collingwood at home... missing Tippett, Goodes, Ried.... might have been an upset but a "shock" a shock would be GWS going over to Perth and beating Freo or the Hawks at the MCG....
but whatever....

Sydney "fans" aren't exactly renowned for their knowledge of the game of football.

Again, I present exhibit A for the defence of Sydney's lack of knowledge - the Fairfax website. "Kieran Jack is tackled." By whom, you may well ask? Some guy in blue and white. I'm usually in NSW for these holidays - spitting chips I wasn't at the SCG, but glad not to be in that media dead zone.

Again, I present exhibit A for the defence of Sydney's lack of knowledge - the Fairfax website. "Kieran Jack is tackled." By whom, you may well ask? Some guy in blue and white. I'm usually in NSW for these holidays - spitting chips I wasn't at the SCG, but glad not to be in that media dead zone.
Ben Cunningham?

I live here!

* lack of goals conceded during time on. I watched yesterday with an eye on the clock.
Red time goals have been one of the many Achilles heels we've had. Would love to know the actual figure for the first four rounds?

* I have on the occasion gone nuts at us:rolleyes:. Usually over simple mistakes that we made time and ******* time again.
Watching Sydney let the ball go over the back is something you should be taught not to do at under 10's level. We were the masters of that mistake.
I really enjoyed Sydney doing it on a regular basis yesterday. I felt it was like the teams swapped jumpers.

* Drew Petrie, he presented very well yesterday- don't care about how many goals, not relevant.

Goldy, same as Petrie, I suppose I judge him harshly, but it's only because he's extremely gifted and should he keep getting down and dirty.

We'll be hard to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Groundskeeper_Willie.png

I warned ya! Didn't I warn ya!!

McGlynn did a great job on Harvey but it probably would have been more beneficial if he was playing a crumbing role from the start. All that work was left to Jetta and Atley did an absolute number on him.

McGlynn usually tears us apart so was nice to see him sacrifice his game like that.

Even Matt White did the same - sure, he is nothing special - but he was released this week and ended up BOG.

Shows the value of merely having Boomer in the team. And some want to start him as a sub? :rolleyes:

Has there ever been a more positive influence in a month of footy a recruit has had than the acquisition of Nick Dal Santo to the club.
McGlynn went to Boomer. Thats a win. Sydney had no goal kicking small forwards to crumb with Atley curtailing Jetta and Bird out, Bolton retired and Okeefe out of form. This worked to our favour dramatically. Wellsy kicked 3, Dal had 30 and we won by 40+.
Sydney would have thought it was a tick leading into the game but really it limited them.

McGlynn usually tears us apart so was nice to see him sacrifice his game like that.

Even Matt White did the same - sure, he is nothing special - but he was released this week and ended up BOG.

Shows the value of merely having Boomer in the team. And some want to start him as a sub? :rolleyes:

Only make him sub into his early 40's ;)

Pos: The Genesis of a new brand. Constant withering pressure which has taken an already talented team to another level.
If this continues, glory beckons.
Neg: not much. LE well held by Smith and Harvey negated by McGlynn. The final margin makes even this into a positive.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back