Possibile Gay Marriage Consensus?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure "the gays" as you so elegantly put it just want to be considered by the same laws, given any lesser arrangement implies lesser relationship status.
It's not just NTTAWWTs (no BT) that want these laws, a majority of Australians do, that gives you a mandate, which I believe is a trendy word in Canberra these days.

The gays could probably get their wish tomorrow so long as they accept a partnership definition whch isnt "marriage" but amounts to the same thing.

The high coult ruling on the ACT legislation said as such.

Not sure why its a problem to the pro lobby, even if they did get it defined as a "marriage" , people would still use the term gay marriage. Common usage would never use the term marriage interchangeabley between different and ame sexed marriages

Equal but separate.

I'm pretty sure "the gays" as you so elegantly put it just want to be considered by the same laws, given any lesser arrangement implies lesser relationship status.

What do you want me to refer to them as ? BTs ? you referring to the probability that some BTs arent in favour of marriage equality ?

Anyway its not lesser its different, which in actual fact it is. Crazy to pretend otherwise

Anyway its not lesser its different, which in actual fact it is. Crazy to pretend otherwise
I have friends who argue if it wasn't lesser it wouldn't need to be different.
Why not just make marriage equal? A separate category simply adds to legislation and complexity.

I have friends who argue if it wasn't lesser it wouldn't need to be different.
Why not just make marriage equal? A separate category simply adds to legislation and complexity.
So then this means you support polygamy as well and the right of 14 year old gypsy or islamic marriage?

Have you noticed the title of this thread and the bill proposed by the LDP Senator?

narry a mention of a gypsy.

Don't let that get in the way of your irrational fears though.
What relevance does this have to the definition of marriage equality as you put it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What relevance does this have to the definition of marriage equality as you put it?

The relevance is that the proposed bill is specifically about same sex marriage.

The thread is specifically about same sex marriage.

NOT about your repressed fantasies in regards to gypsies and girls in burqha's.

The relevance is that the proposed bill is specifically about same sex marriage.

The thread is specifically about same sex marriage.

NOT about your repressed fantasies in regards to gypsies and girls in burqha's.
What about polygamy why shouldn't they take on the same legal rights as they are adults in a consentual manner.

I'm white and marrying someone of a different colour.

What should our union be called? It's different to all the mono-racial marriages out there, so it needs to be separated. Not any less equal. But separated.

All pink in the inside, comrades, and thats the point

What about polygamy why shouldn't they take on the same legal rights as they are adults in a consentual manner.

Because your head would more than likely explode if that happened.

Look Dymot, stop trying to derail the thread in the manner of Cori Bernadi nonsense.

This is about same sex marriage and, yes, we all understand how such a thing terrifies you. However, I promise you that Gough won't wink or blow kisses at you.

Relax. get laid for once.

The race has been run and you came second mate. Gay marriage will be legislated for one day, possibly even during the life of this Parliament, and I never thought I'd say that. You are on the wrong side of history, and you can quibble over words, but it will make no difference.

Not sure why its a problem to the pro lobby, even if they did get it defined as a "marriage" , people would still use the term gay marriage. Common usage would never use the term marriage interchangeabley between different and ame sexed marriages

Proof of that?

protest.jpg

The race has been run and you came second mate. Gay marriage will be legislated for one day, possibly even during the life of this Parliament, and I never thought I'd say that. You are on the wrong side of history, and you can quibble over words, but it will make no difference.
Cool and even if it is I am also still entitled to my views. Any homosexual who rejects that is a bigot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back