Possible Father/Son in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I just heard a rumour that the Crows may have their eyes on their first F/S signing. Apparently the kid plays for South Adelaide's U18s and is eligible for the 2014 draft.

He's eligible through the SANFL eligibility criteria. I always thought that our window for signing these players expired in 2011, but a glance at the latest version of the Player Rules document indicates that this is no longer the case.

I just heard a rumour that the Crows may have their eyes on their first F/S signing. Apparently the kid plays for South Adelaide's U18s and is eligible for the 2014 draft.

He's eligible through the SANFL eligibility criteria. I always thought that our window for signing these players expired in 2011, but a glance at the latest version of the Player Rules document indicates that this is no longer the case.

have we double checked all of our contracts...and that any Vic club is going to get done for tanking?

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the "Father/Son Eligible Kids List" thread?

:oops:

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the "Father/Son Eligible Kids List" thread?

:oops:
I thought about it.. Technically that thread is about listing the players eligible via the AFL criteria. This player is eligible via the SANFL criteria.

This is also about a specific player, rather than F/S options in general..

SA U18 squad

Robert Young (Port), Orazio Fantasia (Norwood), Zac Bates (West), James Battersby (Sturt), Tom Gray (Port), Billy Stretch (Glenelg), Peter Bampton (Norwood), Seb Wiech (Sturt), Patrick Wilson (Sturt), Luke Reynolds (Port), Nick Favretto (West), Jack Hayes (Eagles), Matt Scharenberg (Glenelg), Josh Pobke (North), Jake Pitt (Glenelg), Luke Andruszkiewicz (Sturt), Cameron Giles (Eagles), Sam Durdin (West), Jesse Watchman (West), Jonathon Ross (Port), Peter Steffe (South) Jake Johansen (Port), Tom Hutchesson (Glenelg), Dwayne Wilson (Sturt), Campbell Combe (North), Jack Evans (West), Ryan Dijksman (West), Riley Knight (Eagles), Alex Neal-Bullen (Glenelg), Dean Gore (Sturt), George Hewett (North), Jack Donkersley (Glenelg), Mac Bower (Norwood), Harry Kitschke (Glenelg), Ned Brooks (Glenelg), Cameron Sandercock (North), Sam Wundke (North), Mitch Harvey (North), Ryan Simister (West), Henry Voigt (Sturt), Jed Redden (Glenelg), Josh Miller (Glenelg).

If you're thinking Billy Stretch (son of Steven) he's eligible for Melbourne and maybe Port (through Eagles alignment under SANFL) but I'm not sure if Steven Stretch meets the qualifying criteria.

Fantasia ?? is he son of James ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a South man looking at this list Kappler would be the one, depends on who his father is Darren or David and I think it was David Kappler who played for Sydney as well

Darren or David Keppler didn't play 200 games for the crows and the cut off for the crows and SANFL players ended in 2011.

Wasn't it a 20 year window?

Darren or David Keppler didn't play 200 games for the crows and the cut off for the crows and SANFL players ended in 2011.

Wasn't it a 20 year window?
Read the latest version of the Player Rules document. Apparently the 20 year window was scrubbed when they introduced the Grandfather Rule. The SANFL eligibility criteria remains valid.

** I thought this was the case too, until I checked the 2013 Player Rules document.

The information I was given is that Jaidan is David's son. David played 209 games during the eligibility period. In contrast, the "magic number" for Ross Gibbs was 191.
But is he any good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back