Status
Not open for further replies.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Personally, I think they'll be putting a lot more effort into things like the league/player TV revenue split, rather than 1 of their members potentially getting paid $1m a season whilst not residing in his city of choice. Maybe that's just me though.

I agree. Even if it was a hot topic restricted free agency is highly unlikely to change. I looks like they've (AFLPA and AFL) modeled it on the NBA and it works exactly the same as the NBA now. If anything they might try to reduce the years played at a club for restricted and unrestricted free agents. If "boo-hoo, a restricted free agent got their offer matched" is discussed at all I'll eat a dick.

Team DJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2011
Penny Lane
AFL Club
Carlton
Been saying for 12 months Bonner is the one we desperately need.
Yes i follow the 18s comp.

Skippos i know youre a fan. Whats his draft range now the Champs are done? 20 - 30?
For mine we might reach with our first, but have a steal if hes still at our second.

WOuld love Bonner with our 1 and Tahana wit our 2

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Been saying for 12 months Bonner is the one we desperately need.
Yes i follow the 18s comp.

Skippos i know youre a fan. Whats his draft range now the Champs are done? 20 - 30?
For mine we might reach with our first, but have a steal if hes still at our second.

My mail suggests some clubs have him at 25-35.

However he's the kind of player that I suspect would be at 25-35 for most, but one club would have him 10-20. He'll go top 20 IMO as one club will just fall in love - a bit like GC with KK a few years ago.

It's a weaker draft and Wigg went 35 last year, despite being far less athletic and far shorter than Bonner. Bonner far more draftable.

Issue is he's just woeful with defense/work rate.

There's a strong chance Tucker is available at our first selection which 3 months ago would have been blasphemy. I'd be advocating we take him if he's there.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
They'll lose him for an end of second round compo pick next year, time is this year to maximise his worth. I'm not sure he commands anything in the first round except maybe the last three picks and even then I'd be a bit iffy. Love to see the Crows be ballsy enough to get both Hendo and Yarran and find a way to unload our Hendo and Kerridge in the deal...I'd summise a deal but it'd only be one of those complicated playstation deals that Kristof loves
I'd add Carlisle (Essendon), Tarrant (NM), Motlop (Gee), Thompson (GC), Day (GC), Hampton (GWS) and Toumpas (Melb) to that list as ones who have been mentioned a lot.
i like the Sam Day call. Could be anything

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Anyone else think it's worth taking a risk on Bennell?

He's just so freaking talented and his asking price would have plummeted.

EDIT: Beat me to it alex_is_on_fire. I was too busy watching highlights videos!

Given Harley's past history there is every possibility he already has 2 strikes against his name and as far as I'm aware there is no way for our club or any others for that matter are privy to that information, big risk, one I'd personally not be taking. And any idea he would come cheap anyhow is flawed as other clubs who already have strong lists like the Hawks, Pies etc are much better positioned than us to take one helluva risk.

Simply we cannot afford the risk IMO.

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
There's a strong chance Tucker is available at our first selection which 3 months ago would have been blasphemy. I'd be advocating we take him if he's there.
Hear, Hear!!

Been advocating Darcy Tucker for 18 months now, local lad with all the ingredients we need, top end speed, amazing foot skills, high character young man just like Jake Lever...originally from Horsham so doubt he's any flight risk.

Will interview very well and that may be some danger to our chances as he's a very impressive young fellow.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Hear, Hear!!

Been advocating Darcy Tucker for 18 months now, local lad with all the ingredients we need, top end speed, amazing foot skills, high character young man just like Jake Lever...originally from Horsham so doubt he's any flight risk.

Will interview very well and that may be some danger to our chances as he's a very impressive young fellow.
Outside mid ??

scoota10

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2010
By the W/Adelaide BBQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Scoota 10 asked
Skippos
Have you seen Sam Weideman Play he has good Genes I have seen Murray & Mark play at Westies
Would make a ideal forward I don't think he is under the Father Son Rule
Mark only played 28 games for C/Wood
Would he be in the top 20

http://vermontjfc.com.au/social-news/284-weideman-talented-20.html
I don't particularly rate Weideman. My personal point of view is that there's no such thing as a second round key forward - either you've got first round talent or you're not worth it. Forwards taken in the first round have high success rates whereas those taken in the second have single digit success rates.

And I see Weideman as a typically second round key forward - which means I wouldn't even bother. Some rate him top 5-10, some don't at all. I'm closer to the latter; I don't think this is the draft to go KPF.

Skippos

I see you have brought S.Weideman into around 10 in your Draft

If Adelaide had a choice to Pick Weideman, R.Burton, R.Bonner,or Tucker at their 1st pick
who do you think they would go for

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hear, Hear!!

Had a box seat to Tucker deadset roundhousing Stephen Tahana in a champs game off the ball. All Tahana did was try to move past Tucker's block.

He was yellow carded and sent off.

'High character'?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I thought Bonner was great last night, a rare shining light on a dirty night for the lads.

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Scoota 10 asked
Skippos
Have you seen Sam Weideman Play he has good Genes I have seen Murray & Mark play at Westies
Would make a ideal forward I don't think he is under the Father Son Rule
Mark only played 28 games for C/Wood
Would he be in the top 20

http://vermontjfc.com.au/social-news/284-weideman-talented-20.html
I don't particularly rate Weideman. My personal point of view is that there's no such thing as a second round key forward - either you've got first round talent or you're not worth it. Forwards taken in the first round have high success rates whereas those taken in the second have single digit success rates.

And I see Weideman as a typically second round key forward - which means I wouldn't even bother. Some rate him top 5-10, some don't at all. I'm closer to the latter; I don't think this is the draft to go KPF.

Skippos

I see you have brought S.Weideman into around 10 in your Draft

If Adelaide had a choice to Pick Weideman, R.Burton, R.Bonner,or Tucker at their 1st pick
who do you think they would go for

His standing in my draft reflects the mail I'm getting and not my personal rating. I'm still not sold. He's a contested marking key forward who still has some issues sticking the grabs, with his contested marking being a 7-8/10 where the truly elite forwards (patton/boyd/cloke/hawkins etc) were 9-9.5s/10 as juniors. He doesn't work up the ground, lacks endurance, is only an okay kick and not too athletic. One trick pony whose one trick is merely passable.

I'd pick Burton. Then Tucker. Then Bonner. All very close though. Then daylight. Then Weideman. I think we'd pick Weideman though.

I'd probably prefer McKay though. I'm not 100% sold on McKay but he's raw and us, along with West Coast, are the best clubs at developing raw KPP talent.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Had a box seat to Tucker deadset roundhousing Stephen Tahana in a champs game off the ball. All Tahana did was try to move past Tucker's block.

He was yellow carded and sent off.

'High character'?
Roundhousing is not a term I'm familiar with??

In reference to high character two words..born leader.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Roundhousing is not a term I'm familiar with??

In reference to high character two words..born leader.
Punching him I think. Think Jordan Lewis 'spoil'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back