Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Talia>>>>>Kyle Hartigan and he's currently not getting game time at the Doggies......

Could barely get a game under McCartney who was supposedly an astute judge of talent, and now theyre flying under Beverdige and still MT is nowhere to be seen.

Fletcher Roberts, Joel Hamling and Lukas Webb have all cracked into the side as 3rd/medium talls, even with Roughead relieving in the ruck + playing further up the ground, and Dale Morris out injured.

Speaks volumes....

Not sure that Michael Talia is better than Hartigan in one-v-one contests

Also, this too.

Scott D. Thompson is finished and Robbie Tarrant is ordinary at best

Understandably a lot has changed over the past week, but rewind back 7 days... with talls like Carlisle, Henderson and Dixon etc on the market, if we ended up with Robbie Tarrant out of that lot, would have made me sick.

Understandably a lot has changed over the past week, but rewind back 7 days... with talls like Carlisle, Henderson and Dixon etc on the market, if we ended up with Robbie Tarrant out of that lot, would have made me sick.

If we wasted our time on any of those talls when it's crystal clear we don't need any of them ahead of midfielders who can kick the ball, I'd be annoyed.

Dixon is the most talented, but can't stay on the park and is the subject of a wage bidding war that we should in no way be a part of, Carlisle is an ordinary defender being played as a worse forward because :hird:, and Henderson is 7 years into his career and still doesn't have a position.

If we wasted our time on any of those talls when it's crystal clear we don't need any of them ahead of midfielders who can kick the ball, I'd be annoyed.

Dixon is the most talented, but can't stay on the park and is the subject of a wage bidding war. Carlisle is an ordinary defender being played as a worse forward because :hird: and Henderson is 7 years into his career and still doesn't have a position.

Oh I'd most cerainly cop Carlisle or Hednerson any day of the week. This is mainly due to the fact that if one of Jenkins or Hartigan are failing us, they can be thrown down that end of the ground. Some of the best swingmen in the game when fit and firing. Extremely handy players to have and would sure up our KPP stocks 10 fold.

Dixon has bags of talent no doubt. Great mover like Jenko, but more importantly he has that aggression and hunger that JJ seriously lacks. Durability is a huge concern though and Jenkins is more than serviceable for now. Skillful midfielders take priority for me ATS.

If we could somehow bundle up Aish and Schanrenberg in a trade, huge win. If rumors are true about Henderson wanting to leave, would Henderson for Scharenberg straight swap be fair? Maybe throw in something extra? Supposedly Pies were offering us an early 2nd rounder for Hendo not too long ago. Can't see Schanreberg's value being much higher than that...

Are we all talking about the same Carlisle... Im confused because the only Carlisle I watch is an essendo spud.
Dixon
Scharenberg
Aish
In that order

Lots of talk about North having to trade and rebuild. Anyone worthy of targeting? Scott Thompson will be 30 in may next year but is reasonably durable and is a former AA Full Back. At his age would probably come cheap. Robbie Tarrant 26 years old, could be another useful experienced tall.

So this means Scott is getting sacked at years end?

I mean after money balling the bejesus out of FA and going down the shitter, surely he wouldn't be granted the chance of a rebuild. Personally if we go for anyone from North, I want Lindsay Thomas, we need to do something about our low free kick for count and Lindsay is worth at least 5 frees a week

I was originally in the basket that we should try and trade for a key position player, but I don't think that's the right move any more.

We need at least three decent midfielders with good skills before we start looking for new KPPs. At the moment Jenkins provides a good 2 goals a game but we're struggling to kick the ball even remotely in the direction of the forward line.

Could barely get a game under McCartney who was supposedly an astute judge of talent, and now theyre flying under Beverdige and still MT is nowhere to be seen.

Fletcher Roberts, Joel Hamling and Lukas Webb have all cracked into the side as 3rd/medium talls, even with Roughead relieving in the ruck + playing further up the ground, and Dale Morris out injured.

Speaks volumes....

Also, this too.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, I simply disagree for mine Michael Talia is a big upgrade on Kyle Hartigan. The only reason Kyle is getting games is due to our lack of a seasoned KPD with Siggins unlikely to ever be AFL standard and Lever a year or two away strength and bodywise.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, I simply disagree for mine Michael Talia is a big upgrade on Kyle Hartigan. The only reason Kyle is getting games is due to our lack of a seasoned KPD with Siggins unlikely to ever be AFL standard and Lever a year or two away strength and bodywise.

What is the reason why M Talia is not getting a game?

His defensive game is bot strong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seasoned? They're all kids as well. Just players the Bulldogs prefer to Talia.

Seasoned? They're all kids as well. Just players the Bulldogs prefer to Talia.
Talia is the seasoned one from that lot they have available!

Ice said it before, people get seduced as he occasionally racks up high stat numbers, but they are mostly from short switch chips in defense, not winning 1-on1 battles or intercept marks.

The fact he was given 1st crack this year and was forced out never to return as yet says even more too

Talia is the seasoned one from that lot they have available!

Ice said it before, people get seduced as he occasionally racks up high stat numbers, but they are mostly from short switch chips in defense, not winning 1-on1 battles or intercept marks.

The fact he was given 1st crack this year and was forced out never to return as yet says even more too
Although he did comfortably account for Tex earlier in the year. The ball did come in poorly but he still one most, if not all, his one on one's with Tex.

Carlisle was in All-Australian form in 2012 / 2013 but has struggled since Thompson kept trying to push him forward. He has struggled but as a talented 23 year old he would be a useful addition to most teams, of course he has the advantage of being young enough to keep playing even if WADA dish out a lengthy suspension.

Hooker is the bloke that is being wasted, he is a fantastic defender and at 26 years old might the WADA stuff might just ruin his career. Even if it is only 12 months out of footy ... he is in his prime and might not ever get back to the form he is now.

Neither will be on anyone's target list until WADA is sorted, then the offers for post suspension will probably come out.

Are we all talking about the same Carlisle... Im confused because the only Carlisle I watch is an essendo spud.
Dixon
Scharenberg
Aish
In that order
Carlisle was on his way to becoming the best KPD in the league before essendon needed him up forward . I think he'd be a gun fwd in a good side but an even better defender

I think we should be comfortable enough in our defenders that we would only trade for another if a Carlisle became avaiable. Think we should forget guys like Tarrant , M talia etc because they are no upgrade on what we already have

We need 2-3 mids with kicking skills and a bit of zip as main priority

Carlisle would be huge for us if it were an option. With out current list position I think he would be ahead of Dixon on needs (but he would also improve us). Henderson would be a secondary substitute option to carlisle.

Talia on number 1 fwd, Carlisle on 2nd forward and against teams without a dominant 2 pronged attach he offers enough as 3rd man up etc to take intercept marks and start rebound. Pushes Hartigan to depth which is seemingly where he would be best placed on a list depth chart.

Then Cheney and Lever probably fight it our for 3rd tall (could play in same side but going forward the ideal set up would probably only have 1 of them with the other 2).

Our small defenders and rebounding defenders we have good options who can go through there as needed (Brown, Laird, Smith, Jaensch, Kelly, Hendo, MacKay...).

Suddenly we would have good quality and pretty decent depth in that part of the ground.

Carlisle ability to go forward also gives extra cover if we lost a key forward.

What is the reason why M Talia is not getting a game?

His defensive game is bot strong

We are talking a comparison with Kyle Hartigan here...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3677&tid2=2&pid2=3888&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

What is relevant also is the "cost" to get MT compared with Carlisle [WADA] or Henderson who are probably "pie in the sky" options anyhow..

One thing I am sure of Kyle Hartigan is not the long term answer, he's also a year and a half older than Michael Talia.

As someone also commented MT absolutely "pantsed" Tex when we played the Dogs.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=5999

Wouldn't do our long term chances of retaining brother Daniel any harm either.

We need 2-3 mids with kicking skills and a bit of zip as main priority

I think it's pretty rare that players are open to moving clubs, particularly interstate unless their career is in danger at their current club; not enough opportunity (Cheney), not enough money (Cameron) or your coach is a certified utensil merchant (Carlisle).

I believe you trade in what you can get if it improves the team regardless of your needs. The draft can then be used for whatever you missed out on.

I'd love to see a Dixon/Carlisle in, Hendo + sweetener for Scharenburg. Bonner in the draft.

Bonner and Scharenburg out of defense has massive potential.

I think it's pretty rare that players are open to moving clubs, particularly interstate unless their career is in danger at their current club; not enough opportunity (Cheney), not enough money (Cameron) or your coach is a certified utensil merchant (Carlisle).

I believe you trade in what you can get if it improves the team regardless of your needs. The draft can then be used for whatever you missed out on.
Get your point but I prob see it other way...draft the talent and stock pick your needs in trade eg Cheney and lowden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back