Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Thompson has been a champion of our club, but it's time to make the hard call and convince him to go out still playing good footy. Matt Crouch is better than Thommo was at the same age and needs game time to get to 50 games ASAP. We can't risk losing him or his brother. They will be vital cogs in our next premiership tilt.

Scott Thompson has been a champion of our club, but it's time to make the hard call and convince him to go out still playing good footy. Matt Crouch is better than Thommo was at the same age and needs game time to get to 50 games ASAP. We can't risk losing him or his brother. They will be vital cogs in our next premiership tilt.
Pretty much agree. If he plays on I hope the club does it on the proviso that he is there for depth. We are playing the other guys first and injury and form will see him get game time. I hope in no way that it would be motivation purely as an incentive to get to 300 games.

I'm just saying he will definitely not retire is what I've heard. He's dead keen to play on. What the club does may be a different story but I reckon we'll keep him.

Personally I would pull stumps on him. He's not in our future window.

Go out whilst on top of your game.

Agree. Kerridge, Lyons and Hendo would be my preferred tradable players. I guess the point was made last night that Crouch has the most value amongst them. It stymies any trade if we can't hand over anything in return. I wouldn't hand over our first rounder for Aish, Yarren, Carlisle and other possibles mentioned, so we are going to have to be pretty crafty regarding players and later draft picks to get anything over the line.
Kerridge and CEY are prob the ones that have most currency .....CEY is going to be a gun , does he play with Matt crouch Sloane danger and B crouch going forward ? There is a lot of inside ball winning ability and not much outside . If a club offered us a top 22 pick or a swap for a yarran would we consider it

I think kerridge and hendo are the ones we should look to trade but it all comes down to a club coming to us to want them as that's the only way that makes it worth it

Agree. Kerridge, Lyons and Hendo would be my preferred tradable players. I guess the point was made last night that Crouch has the most value amongst them. It stymies any trade if we can't hand over anything in return. I wouldn't hand over our first rounder for Aish, Yarren, Carlisle and other possibles mentioned, so we are going to have to be pretty crafty regarding players and later draft picks to get anything over the line.
Cant see anyone giving us better than a 4th round pick for Lyons and lets face it , that is useless in this draft

Only footnote is if he comes in this week and starts to play good afl footy then the irony is we wouldnt want to trade him and he wouldn't want to go

Therefore I don't think Lyons is trade bait as he lacks currency

This says it all. We certainly want to keep Matt, as they should both be in our future plans. When Thommo does finish up after next year I think there will be some positions opening up in the midfield, we may even see Thommo phased out next year potentially.
With some re-shuffling in the mids our mix could look like Crouch Jnr, CEY, B.Crouch on the inside and Danger, Sloane, Dougy and potentially Aish on the outside.

Cant see anyone giving us better than a 4th round pick for Lyons and lets face it , that is useless in this draft

Only footnote is if he comes in this week and starts to play good afl footy then the irony is we wouldnt want to trade him and he wouldn't want to go

Therefore I don't think Lyons is trade bait as he lacks currency
There's the difficulty. Prefer keep CEY, is tall and strong good overhead, hands, kicking improved. Similar in height to Bennell but not near the class. Crouch I just rate as a young if not better version of Thommo in the future. Hendo and Kerridge for Yarran? If Aish goes to Carlton they be giving an early pick to Brisbane. Would want a pick back you would think for Yarran rather than player. Makes a need hard to get unless we sacrifice. Whichever way it goes it make you uneasy.

Crouch brothers definitely off limits for trading

We have to at least consider CEY if a club came desperately wanting him and willing to give up something

Lyons no currency unless he comes in and performs in next few weeks

Kerridge and or Henderson potential to trade if right offer that helps us net a yarran, Sharenberg or aish

I agree, I'm a massive thommo fan ...let him play his heart out rest of year and hopefully go out winning a final in first week at his best . But next year we can't hold back m crouch and CEY

As mentioned a few times here, and now on the afl.com.au site in the article, staying or going?? is that Adelaide are interested in Steven Motlop. God I am hoping against hope they aren't that stupid. That guy is a squid and one of the league's biggest downhill skiers. Please don't do this to us AFC. Please !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned a few times here, and now on the afl.com.au site in the article, staying or going?? is that Adelaide are interested in Steven Motlop. God I am hoping against hope they aren't that stupid. That guy is a squid and one of the league's biggest downhill skiers. Please don't do this to us AFC. Please !!
Completely disagree. Gun player and would be even better in a gun side.

Go watch his game against the Giants.

Completely disagree. Gun player and would be even better in a gun side.

Go watch his game against the Giants.

Would you guys seriously be happy that if Dangerfield goes, we would end up with Motlop ??? I can't think of anything worse. We have a cracking record with our drafting, and constantly finding talent. This would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Would you guys seriously be happy that if Dangerfield goes, we would end up with Motlop ??? I can't think of anything worse. We have a cracking record with our drafting, and constantly finding talent. This would be a huge mistake in my opinion.
Never said I'd be happy with it but Motlop + 1st rounder is a lot better then just the compo pick. Motlop is a gun and only 24.

Out of Aish, Dixon, Tarrant, Yarran, Motlop, Scharenberg who have been linked to us in that article, I reckon we could be a reasonable able chance to get 3. My 3 would be Aish, Yarran and Scharenberg. Meets almost all of our needs in one offseason. Another tall defender, outside speed and midfielders with polish. Replace Martin, Mackay and Cheney/Kelly/Shaw with those 3 and the side is well placed for a 2017/18/19 attack on the top spot. Could grab all of those cheaper than top price due to their form/injuries.

Never said I'd be happy with it but Motlop + 1st rounder is a lot better then just the compo pick. Motlop is a gun and only 24.

Motlop PLUS 2015 1st round + 2016 1st round.

Then we have a deal*

*If and only if Dangerfield has made it clear he is going either now or in 2 years as a free agent.

seems pretty obvious the reason they've fast tracked future pick trading is to help Carlton rebuild. Gifting them Friday nighters hasn't worked

I think it also assists us if Danger does in fact want to leave.

We match, Geelong offer their first and second round picks, Crows say that's not enough but eventually bend over, Ken Wood can then block the trade saying it isn't fair value when Geelong have these other picks sitting there that are now accessible.

Having said that Danger isn't going anywhere.

I think it's in our best interest to keep our first round pick,. even try our hardest to add 1-3 more over the 2015-2016 drafts. Our list is really starting to take sharp,. and needs less 'development players' and more of the absolute best, safe young talent. I'd be moving on all 2nd round and onwards picks for the next couple of years,. and put all into getting as many early ones.. back in our recruitment team.. they've hit the mark bigtime in recent years.

Motlop PLUS 2015 1st round + 2016 1st round.

Then we have a deal*

*If and only if Dangerfield has made it clear he is going either now or in 2 years as a free agent.

Just curious, I've read a few articles about the trading future picks and looked up how it works in the NBA and couldn't find the answer to my question. If that trade did happen where does that 2016 first round pick land? Is it immediately after our original pick or is it where Geelong ends up finishing and because it was their original pick say they finish 7th next season does that then mean it's pick 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back