Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way would I consider trading CEY he is a unique footballer. A couple more seasons and he'll be tearing up this league.
And I agree

Just reiterating that wright, VB, Lyons , otten, shaw and these types have no trade currency and therefore when we talk about bringing Dixon, sharenberg, Aish, yarran in then we either need to use our first round draft pick and or lose danger or think about Kerridge/hendo / CEY etc even though I wouldn't trade the latter

I feel that people are unrealistic in what it takes to get these guys, if we landed one and kept danger and didn't lose any other quality players I'd be ecstatic - but even that would involve losing our 1st round pick

I can agree with you on that one.

Despite the off field issues, he has best midfielder in the league type potential. Motlop doesn't, but I do think you're underrating him quite a bit; and that he'd be a great fit for us in particular.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have more confidence that we will get things right in trade week, than I ever do that we will get things right at team selection!

No contract for Schulz.
Wasn't the story Schulz has been playing for "unders" on his last contract and given the Powa saw fit to "splurge" the big bucks on Ryder so Schulz now figures he should also be getting more coin in view of his form over recent years.

Last edited:
We have too many inside midfielders, not enough outside midfielders, the evidence is right in front of us that we can't fit them all in the team. We have to trade some of them, otherwise it's heaping a disgraceful waste of resources on top of years of poor recruitment priorities. Thompson and Dangerfield staying or going just changes the number we can spare for the trade block.

Sloane
Douglas
B. Crouch
-----
Thompson
Dangerfield
-----
Lyons
CEY
M. Crouch
Grigg
Kerridge

We need to be trading players from that bottom group while they still have value, so that we can, in turn, trade or draft in players who can actually reinforce the lonesome Brodie Smith, and push the likes of the underperfoming Mackay and Henderson out of the side. You can't just keep advocating replacing them in the match day 22 with our inside mids and hope it all works out, because it won't.

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed how the Hawks tend to get top line players (existing or up and coming) from clubs that won't be threatening for a flag in the next 3+ years so they don't have a problem about being in competition with their own premiership window.... Clever little buggers.....

#ForeverAFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned a few times here, and now on the afl.com.au site in the article, staying or going?? is that Adelaide are interested in Steven Motlop. God I am hoping against hope they aren't that stupid. That guy is a squid and one of the league's biggest downhill skiers. Please don't do this to us AFC. Please !!
I think you confuse silky, outside player with a Danyle Pearce clone

Out of Aish, Dixon, Tarrant, Yarran, Motlop, Scharenberg who have been linked to us in that article, I reckon we could be a reasonable able chance to get 3. My 3 would be Aish, Yarran and Scharenberg. Meets almost all of our needs in one offseason. Another tall defender, outside speed and midfielders with polish. Replace Martin, Mackay and Cheney/Kelly/Shaw with those 3 and the side is well placed for a 2017/18/19 attack on the top spot. Could grab all of those cheaper than top price due to their form/injuries.
They're all midfielder/running types. No tall defender there.

If it was serious contract discussions I can't believe it would be done in a coffee shop without a player manager. I also honestly can't see crows coming close to trading him, unless he specifically requested a trade (which I also can't see happening).

Kerridge I can see possibly wanting out in hope of more opportunities. His injuries this year have put him way back down the list.
Kerridge hasn't been at full fitness all season so it's not lack of opportunities that have kept him out!

Once he has had some solid sanfl form, he will be back in the Afl side.

So if your trading good players to get good players, does it mean your recruiting is up the creek?
Not if you have a better balanced squad.

Eg. We swap an inside for an outside midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back