Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But their period of dominance looks over. Their stars are either retired, retiring or slowing down. Their efforts to extend their run through top ups - McIntosh, Rivers, Clark - have only partly worked out. They are (hopefully) about to miss the finals. They've been desperately unlucky that two highly talented kids Menzel and Vardy have been crippled by injury. They desperately need players like the ones above to bolster their stocks.

I don't know that their top ups have really worked at all. McIntosh has barely played a game for them due to injury. Clark has been injured a lot of this year and neither Rivers or Stanley have set the world on fire. They need Clark and Stanley to do well as they gave up quite a bit to get them.

Really though, besides Eddie Betts and Buddy Franklin, have any free agents done well after switching clubs (and I'm talking free agent moves here, not older players who got traded to another club).

Really though, besides Eddie Betts and Buddy Franklin, have any free agents done well after switching clubs (and I'm talking free agent moves here, not older players who got traded to another club).
Dal Santo and Higgins have done well for North, and you could argue that Matthew White has done well for Port (last year at least).
Not a whole lot of others though.

Is that so you don't have to look back at the posts where you (and the other "credible" Adelaide posters) told me I was wrong and that Adelaide weren't into Motlop a couple of months ago??

Bye nks

I don't recall people saying that they didn't believe we were interested, it was the money you said was being offered to him, as this was believed to be too high by some.

Dal Santo and Higgins have done well for North, and you could argue that Matthew White has done well for Port (last year at least).

Yeah, I'd say Dal Santo has been a been a good one for North. Higgins has done well this year as well. It will be interesting to see if he can back it up next year, or if he goes back to being the injury-prone form yo-yo player that he was at the Bulldogs.

Matt White was good for Port last year, but has had a mixed bag this year. Troy Chaplin is another I've thought ot. He's been decent for Richmond.

Xavier Ellis has been serviceable at West Coast, as has Mitch Robinson at Brisbane (though he was delisted).

Couple of big names that departed last year haven't been amazing (Frawley, Malceski come to mind). Waite, Sylvia and Gwilt were always spuds, and Thomas has been cut down by injury

I don't recall people saying that they didn't believe we were interested, it was the money you said was being offered to him, as this was believed to be too high by some.

Motlop's a talented player from the Northern Territory who is out of contract and fits our needs perfectly. You don't need sources to know we would be heavily interested in him, and I'd be embarrassed if I was trying to pin my credibility on this.

My view is you should stop bombarding the Adelaide board with your tripe, you have NFI what Adelaide, Geelong or Dangerfield are up to and any suggestion you do is bullshit!

Edit : And you also have NFI what Motlop's doing either other than what the Vic Centric journos pump out to their lemmings.

He might also want to inquire what his club was doing pre-season this year in talking/advising to Adelaide clubs about that player...

If Geelong do manage to get Henderson, selwood, danger and keep Motlop, I'd expect a rise up the ladder a little bit from them. We should try and make sure we get this years draft pick if we take danger to the trade table as it will be worth more.

Is that so you don't have to look back at the posts where you (and the other "credible" Adelaide posters) told me I was wrong and that Adelaide weren't into Motlop a couple of months ago??

Bye nks

No one denied we'd talk to him, people called bullshit when you said we were offering him $700k.

I think we should go for Brian Lake for 2 years. By then, lever will be ready. Hartigan is really bad and is a weak link in our side.
Lever then can play the third tall role without the pressure of manning up the monsters and getting goals kicked on him.
He will cost nothing either

I think we should go for Brian Lake for 2 years. By then, lever will be ready. Hartigan is really bad and is a weak link in our side.
Lever then can play the third tall role without the pressure of manning up the monsters and getting goals kicked on him.
No.

I'd be more than happy to back Hartigan in, Lake will be done at years end and is a liability discipline wise. Plus he wouldn't leave Victoria to come back here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go jump in the lake

Hmmm no

IMO, it's harsh & incorrect to say Lynch limits our structure/flexibility - quite the opposite as I see Lynch as adding a crucial component to our structure in that link between midfield & forward line that no one else provides (also often in defence providing an option). He can also play as a KPP when Jacobs/JJ rotate off field.

Would we be better balanced with Dixon replacing Lynch? Personally I think we may become too top heavy like Port with Ryder, Schultz & Westoff.

If Lynch left, he would be a big loss & Kerridge or McGovern would need to step into his role, but nether would probably be as good at this stage. We would want to be getting serious overs if we are trading him out as a key lynch-pin of our side.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Lynch fan. I see how you can say what I said was harsh but I wasn't meaning it in a harsh way at all.

Simply saying if that the coaching staff preferred the extra bailout option in attack, then we couldn't do that with Lynch in there and perhaps that is why they don't want to commit long term.

I don't think he can really play as a KPP as such. Lead up forward yes but not in a key position sense

What!!!

My prediction for Geelong; miss finals this year, miss out on Henderson, miss out on Dangerfield, lose Motlop, gain Scott Selwood.

The reason they are sooooo keen on these blokes and making sooooo much noise is that they know they are absolutely on the edge and if they don't get in some serious talent this year they are heading for a massive fall.
One down

latest

This may be wishful thinking but I do wonder if Geelong are about to fall flat on their face here. Lots of noise - Dangerfield, Henderson, Selwood, retain Motlop. Trying to remain a relevant contender.

But their period of dominance looks over. Their stars are either retired, retiring or slowing down. Their efforts to extend their run through top ups - McIntosh, Rivers, Clark - have only partly worked out. They are (hopefully) about to miss the finals. They've been desperately unlucky that two highly talented kids Menzel and Vardy have been crippled by injury. They desperately need players like the ones above to bolster their stocks.

It seems as though everyone assumes Henderson is on his way there. I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson went elsewhere. Lots of clubs will be keen on a KPP who can play at both ends. If Dangerfield leaves I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood or Hawthorn were more attractive options. All of a sudden the Bulldogs and even St Kilda are more likely clubs on the rise.

My prediction for Geelong; miss finals this year, miss out on Henderson, miss out on Dangerfield, lose Motlop, gain Scott Selwood.

The reason they are sooooo keen on these blokes and making sooooo much noise is that they know they are absolutely on the edge and if they don't get in some serious talent this year they are heading for a massive fall.

[/wishful thinking]

It's a really fine line though. If they win their last couple and storm into finals - perhaps pinch a finals win, Vardy/Menzel get through unscathed, wins are spearheaded by their new guard of players - all of a sudden they do look like a decent prospect again. Attractive to players. So many moving parts here. Feels like a lot more is riding on tonight's game that just 2015 finals.
They need to be careful going down this track as they could end up like Brisbane who tried to hang on, wasted 2 or 3 years and then decided to rebuild list anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back