Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A contract is the last thing that will be done.

They will possibly have agreed to certain terms. They may have simply established that's there's mutual interest at a certain level.

You offer contracts first up, you'll get burned.

Medicals don't come back green light or red light, 100% or 0%. There is going to be circumstances, concerns. These will all affect what you wish to offer.
Learn to read the media. Fox Sports report that Bennell didn't turn up to a medical. They don't report that Richmond knew he wasn't going to turn up or that Bennell's manager told him not to go, which makes it a much less interesting story. As a result, they get a story of interest and a whole lot of page hits.

Bennell has no history of injuries, a medical would simply be a matter of course and have nothing to do with the deal itself. If his manager said not to go, it's probably that Richmond weren't far enough down the track to warrant it.

But of course bad boy Bennell is what you all want and the media manipulated you by giving you what you want. They didn't lie. They just didn't give you the whole story.

Learn to read the media. Fox Sports report that Bennell didn't turn up to a medical. They don't report that Richmond knew he wasn't going to turn up or that Bennell's manager told him not to go, which makes it a much less interesting story. As a result, they get a story of interest and a whole lot of page hits.

Bennell has no history of injuries, a medical would simply be a matter of course and have nothing to do with the deal itself. If his manager said not to go, it's probably that Richmond weren't far enough down the track to warrant it.

But of course bad boy Bennell is what you all want and the media manipulated you by giving you what you want. They didn't lie. They just didn't give you the whole story.
Bit early in the day for the Drambouie, isn't it?

I'm talking in generalisations. Standard procedures.

redhorse said we were onto a big fish and now people are guessing who the big fish is. It's a guess.

I believe he said "big", the word "fish" was used last time in regards to JC. Now the only thing is is a big player (stature) or Big in regards to the type of player.

At least it keeps us busy with hypos until it actually starts, or hopefully not until the last 30seconds of the draft! That could damn near do me in.

At least our Coach should be named this week. Hopefully some great assistants or performance team coaches/assistants also.

Wonder what came of the interview with Kingsley?

When would you expect to do a medical for an employer?

My experience is post interview, after the Money discussions have been had and everything else is agreed to.

Most players that do medicals in trade week would be the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When would you expect to do a medical for an employer?

My experience is post interview, after the Money discussions have been had and everything else is agreed to.

Most players that do medicals in trade week would be the same.

The medical isn't as crucial for most occupations but It's a main determinate of performance as an AFL player. I can see why they wouldn't do one until things progressed though, why let all and sundry know your medical status if you don't have to.

A contract is the last thing that will be done.

They will possibly have agreed to certain terms. They may have simply established that's there's mutual interest at a certain level.

You offer contracts first up, you'll get burned.

Medicals don't come back green light or red light, 100% or 0%. There is going to be circumstances, concerns. These will all affect what you wish to offer.

Same as a house offer; you put the contract on the table, subject to conditions being met.

I'd imagine player contracts would be the same.

Why would you do a medical for the sake of it; you'd only do it if it was the last box to be ticked, and then the contract is ratified.

Same as a house offer; you put the contract on the table, subject to conditions being met.

I'd imagine player contracts would be the same.

Why would you do a medical for the sake of it; you'd only do it if it was the last box to be ticked, and then the contract is ratified.
Housing issues can largely be repaired. Just not convinced you wouldnt be doubling up on process

Does anyone have a list of RFA and FA for next year? I suspect we will target someone from that list this trade period by making them a big offer a year earlier to get the clubs to trade them rather than lose them for potentially nothing. Similar to what we did with Bernie and what Brisbane are doing with Redden.

I just have a feeling that our target is someone that has not been mentioned yet.
Here you go, if no one else has posted it yet.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-13/whos-up-for-grabs-the-preliminary-list-of-2016-free-agents-

Few interesting names on there, but VB is a free agent so we better save some $$$ for him ;)

Could have been a shrewd move by Richmond to request a medical earlier than usual. The lad's response to the unexpected request may tell you as much as the test does. It seems it told them all they needed to know...

Hutchy and Damo... kill me now...want to shove a very large sock down Hutchy gob.

Just glad they aren't list managers...

Just pass him a few Family Feasts, he'll be busy for a while.

Sorry, simply not the case. You're not going to do a medical at every club you talk to. Only if both parties have come a long way toward agreeing to a contract.
You're not going to do it unless the club is seriously interested in you, but that doesn't mean that you're a long way towards signing a contract. A player like Bennell would probably be asked to do a medical by 3-4 clubs. Nobody is going to sign him without doing a major due diligence background check into his history and his present - and his medical condition is part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back