Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of ranking every player we have been linked to or could be interested in, give them a probability of coming to Adelaide out of say 20. Then print them all off, stick them on a dartboard, most probable on outer, least centre. Then just blindly throw a few darts. The players I hit is just who I will go along with. "Umm yes I have inside knowledge that Redden is coming to Adelaide, Jed Anderson is coming aswell and Michael Talia has already bought a house at West Lakes."

Sorry to butt in but I don't believe that's true. Pretty sure he always maintained we were balls deep but he had never signed.

Semantics.

He couldn't have signed, but he could have agreed. The horse was suggesting he was landed, in the boat.

You were suggesting that JC must have agreed because he favourited some silly tweet of yours weren't you?

Semantics.

He couldn't have signed, but he could have agreed. The horse was suggesting he was landed, in the boat.

You were suggesting that JC must have agreed because he favourited some silly tweet of yours weren't you?

I was never under the impression it was a done deal. Maybe we just interpreted the thread differently?

Out of all the guys we've been linked or have a chance with, I'll put them in order of preference.

Anderson
Menzel
Hampton
Redden
Talia

I think a few of you will be shocked once Anderson starts playing again & I really do hope it's with us.

Out of all the guys we've been linked or have a chance with, I'll put them in order of preference.

Anderson
Menzel
Hampton
Redden
Talia

I think a few of you will be shocked once Anderson starts playing again & I really do hope it's with us.
Nailed it I reckon. Although Redden looks WC bound.

index.php

E.L.E!
IT'S WRITTEN ON THE WALL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not prepared to take your word for it. Even if you were some renowned good judge, and I'm not aware that you are.

GWS signed him for free and gave him away instantly for free. That is fact.

Stop trying to reinvent history, particularly when it's so easily disproven

Seriously Sanders, you might want to arm yourself with some facts before talking s**t about a player you really know nothing about. Claiming he's worth a 3rd rounder at best indicates you are not worthy of making any comments regarding his talent, potential or worth (current or otherwise).

GWS had pre-selected Anderson as one of their two NT zone selections, knowing full well he was never going to stay in NSW - he'd already been picked up by them as a scholarship player 2 years earlier and hated it so much over there he moved home before even finishing a full year. He was never going to play in NSW, period.

Well aware of this, GWS sought to turn it into a profitable situation, and went about securing a player who had played a key role in Hawthorn's premiership years earlier - Gilham was basically the only KPD Hawks had left for over a half of footy that day after Croad went down early. They knew Anderson was a goner and rightly so picked up what they believed was adequate compensation in return for a player who never wanted to be there - Gilham, a slight upgrade of their second rounder and a slight downgrade of their third. Hawks were able to pick up Tim O'Brien and Kaiden Brand while GWS used the upgraded second to pick up another KP prospect James Stewart, who could play both ends and who Collingwood had passed on as a F/S option. They needed bookends, not young wiry mids who didn't have the slightest inclination of playing for the club.

At the time, GWS were sounding out whatever senior listed players they could muster so as not to enter the competition as a complete and utter basket case - and had only secured Phil Davis as their one and only AFL-exposed KPD.

Guys like Brogan, Cornes, Power and McDonald were their elder statesmen to guide them through the first few years and Gilham was no doubt a target they deemed capable of stemming the bleeding from a defensive viewpoint, there weren't many other senior KPD's available and willing to move to Western Sydney at the time.

Gilham went on to play half the year after a successful return from a knee and Stewart went on to play most of the year. Hawks got a supremely talented junior and a fairly handy forward-in-waiting in O'Brien.

If I had a choice, on pure talent alone, of every name that has been touted to come to us on this board or otherwise thus far, Anderson would be a clear number one... then bloody daylight to second. And my shroom stash has well and truly expired in case you were wondering. A few people who know me personally on this board can vouch for the fact I'm a fairly decent judge of young talent, you don't have to take my word for it and quite honestly I couldn't care less if you don't.

And Bacon8, this was the "vowel" I was talking to you on the phone about a couple of weeks back.. cat's out the bag now I guess

Seriously Sanders, you might want to arm yourself with some facts before talking s**t about a player you really know nothing about. Claiming he's worth a 3rd rounder at best indicates you are not worthy of making any comments regarding his talent, potential or worth (current or otherwise).

GWS had pre-selected Anderson as one of their two NT zone selections, knowing full well he was never going to stay in NSW - he'd already been picked up by them as a scholarship player 2 years earlier and hated it so much over there he moved home before even finishing a full year. He was never going to play in NSW, period.

Well aware of this, GWS sought to turn it into a profitable situation, and went about securing a player who had played a key role in Hawthorn's premiership years earlier - Gilham was basically the only KPD Hawks had left for over a half of footy that day after Croad went down early. They knew Anderson was a goner and rightly so picked up what they believed was adequate compensation in return for a player who never wanted to be there - Gilham, a slight upgrade of their second rounder and a slight downgrade of their third. Hawks were able to pick up Tim O'Brien and Kaiden Brand while GWS used the upgraded second to pick up another KP prospect James Stewart, who could play both ends and who Collingwood had passed on as a F/S option. They needed bookends, not young wiry mids who didn't have the slightest inclination of playing for the club.

At the time, GWS were sounding out whatever senior listed players they could muster so as not to enter the competition as a complete and utter basket case - and had only secured Phil Davis as their one and only AFL-exposed KPD.

Guys like Brogan, Cornes, Power and McDonald were their elder statesmen to guide them through the first few years and Gilham was no doubt a target they deemed capable of stemming the bleeding from a defensive viewpoint, there weren't many other senior KPD's available and willing to move to Western Sydney at the time.

Gilham went on to play half the year after a successful return from a knee and Stewart went on to play most of the year. Hawks got a supremely talented junior and a fairly handy forward-in-waiting in O'Brien.

If I had a choice, on pure talent alone, of every name that has been touted to come to us on this board or otherwise thus far, Anderson would be a clear number one... then bloody daylight to second. And my shroom stash has well and truly expired in case you were wondering. A few people who know me personally on this board can vouch for the fact I'm a fairly decent judge of young talent, you don't have to take my word for it and quite honestly I couldn't care less if you don't.

And what does this all distill down to?

That all GWS could get for him was lousy Stephen Gillham, who i didn't mention by name, as the simile or half eaten sandwich is more than adequate

If I wasn't very familiar with his work and his complete lack of value I might take a differen view. But I am, and that's where all this falls down.

You can talk about how he wasn't happy, he wasn't this he wasn't that, but you know what it's all noise in the end.

He was given away for nothing. If he had real value he would not have been given away for nothing. That's where all this comes undone

A few people who know me personally on this board can vouch for the fact I'm a fairly decent judge of young talent, you don't have to take my word for it and quite honestly I couldn't care less if you don't.

I wanted to keep this comment separate and civil, so I will just say this

I don't know you from Adam, maybe some people do I don't.
Maybe you are a good judge as you announce in every second post, maybe you're not. I am not fussed.

What I am prepared to bet the house on, is that anyone who announces explicitly what a great judge they are so regularly and often as you do, most certainly cares very much that others knows and agrees ;)

I am sure you'll develop that reputation more widely if it's deserved, and can be demonstrated over time.

I tend to be suspicious of the draft heroes as a general rule, as it's much more interesting to hear what they have to say about players playing now and that everyone can see. Not saying that's you, but more of a personal comment about me.

we've already got a certain poster with a terrible track record, who will tell everyone that up is down, and what a great eye he has, and how you have to look past form to see talent etc. Etc. He is clearly an idiot.

If you can wear your interest more lightly, and your judgements prove reliable I For one very much look forward to reading more of your views.

Let the content fly on its own merits.

And what does this all distill down to?

That all GWS could get for him was lousy Stephen Gillham, who i didn't mention by name, as the simile or half eaten sandwich is more than adequate

If I wasn't very familiar with his work and his complete lack of value I might take a differen view. But I am, and that's where all this falls down.

You can talk about how he wasn't happy, he wasn't this he wasn't that, but you know what it's all noise in the end.

He was given away for nothing. If he had real value he would not have been given away for nothing. That's where all this comes undone

McLeod was given away for Less

I wanted to keep this comment separate and civil, so I will just say this

I don't know you from Adam, maybe some people do I don't.
Maybe you are a good judge as you announce in every second post, maybe you're not. I am not fussed.

What I am prepared to bet the house on, is that anyone who announces explicitly what a great judge they are so regularly and often as you do, most certainly cares very much that others knows and agrees ;)

I am sure you'll develop that reputation more widely if it's deserved, and can be demonstrated over time.

I tend to be suspicious of the draft heroes as a general rule, as it's much more interesting to hear what they have to say about players playing now and that everyone can see. Not saying that's you, but more of a personal comment about me.

we've already got a certain poster with a terrible track record, who will tell everyone that up is down, and what a great eye he has, and how you have to look past form to see talent etc. Etc. He is clearly an idiot.

If you can wear your interest more lightly, and your judgements prove reliable I For one very much look forward to reading more of your views.

Let the content fly on its own merits.

He might not know s**t but he might, but he would have gotten A's for English..
Personally, Anderson is the shiniest Vader toy of all time .

OK, let's say Jed Anderson is a star-in-waiting (from what I've seen, Hampton will be a much better get, but that's another story). The facts are that he has still only played 10 games in 3 seasons (due to injury and form). Surely, a 3rd round pick would get the job done. High 30's at best.

Here's a crazy theory. Not saying there's any truth to it though.

Scharenburg came out the other day and said the Crows didn't contact him (my ears pricked up at this). Maybe Collingwood were under the impression during his negotiations we were. Scharenburg gets more $$$.

Aish was never interested in coming back to SA. Maybe Collingwood thought we were having one last crack at him today when everyone flew into QLD. Pickering has been known to play games. More $$$ for Aish.

Crows swoop in and offer Sidebottom something Collingwood now have absolutely no chance of matching.
Sharenburg said he didn't speak with Adelaide, that doesn't mean we weren't onto him and his manager wasn't passing on our interest. There's no point in him having discussions when he never thought of leaving Collingwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back