Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Kerridge
Do you have some goss?
I have been thinking who it could be. Obvious one would be Lyons. But if I was going to cherry pick one of our young kids who maybe wasnt getting a game it would be M Crouch. But why would he leave after been so lucky to be at the same club as his brother. Kerridge would be a good get but hes a Mildura boy, and Mildura is basically SA.
Grigg is a local so might not want to jump.

Jeremy Howe reportedly getting offers between 550-650K. I like him, but dunno at that price.
He's another of those players who "magically" found his niche in defence and started playing consistently good football.

As a forward he was a highlight reel.

Admittedly in a s**t team. Having said that, are there any Melbourne players who have been "held back by playing at a s**t club" who are now killing it elsewhere?

Stefan Martin maybe, and that perception is mostly due to dream team.

Brock McLean, Cale Morton, Addam Maric, Colin Sylvia, Jared Rivers, Sam Blease, Ricky Petterd, Jamie Bennell, Matthew Warnock...

Kyle Cheney!

Prefer Lachie Henderson.

Defence : Talia and Henderson
Forwardline : Jenkins and Walker

We would have our Key positions sorted
My preference is Carlisle then Henderson... But imagine our spine if we landed both!

Day got dropped tonight by the GCS

Billy Beane
View attachment 127202
That's the one!

When I read the book it gave a detailed background of him as a player and why he didn't make it. Had all the tools - athletic build, nice swing. Got some good results in juniors but in the year before the draft he actually didn't do that well.

The recruiters barely noticed because he'd already been marked down as an All*Star of the future. Got drafted early, maybe even No 1 I can't remember.

Never did anything as a player. Reality was that he started being found out the year prior to being drafted and he didn't have enough tools beneath the ones that are immediately obvious (athleticism, ball striking) to allow him to cope at that level.

Day reminds me a bit of that. Got height, speed, spring, talented at a bunch of sports... how could he not be successful? Had never actually dominated a game of junior footy at a decent level though.

I might be talking out my backside. He is a young KP forward and I know it takes time.

Would we bother with Gorringe after he elected PAP as his preferred destination?
He sounded pretty PO'd at them when they couldn't get a deal done for him.

Better yet, Brisbane say they want a KPF for Aish? Get Gorringe involved, he gets to stay in QLD where he's already set up and Brisbane get a young forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My preference is Carlisle then Henderson... But imagine our spine if we landed both!

It would be unbelievable if we could get Carlisle. Imo he would be first priority. Been thinking of this for 12 months. But just can't see how we could do it. If first pick goes for Aish, there is nothing left for Carlisle. And besides, we know how easy essenscum are to deal with :eek:. However, Henderson could be more achievable through a possible player trade, despite Carlton being interested in picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back