Autopsy Post Game discussion Pies strangle Cats 110-62

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this win will shut up some of the sooks who threw all their toys out of the cot after last week.

It was fine to be critical of our effort against the Tigers but all that rubbish spewed out about all our players are s**t, coaching is s**t, Ed is s**t, Hine is s**t etc was total and utter garbage.

When this team is on mentally they show their enormous potential. They played like an unburdened team last night, showed courage and totally backed themselves.

You can see the future there.

Get on board.

The improvement this year on last year is so stark, one would need to be an eternal pessimist not to see it.
People will throw up unthinking issues like the draw, which is bullshit, because we play every team once and then our return blockbusters.
We perhaps get 1 game per year which could be considered easier than a previous year, based on nothing more than the ladder position of that team.

Some people are just naturally negative, not just about football but with everything in their lives, its as if the walk around in constant rain and black clouds, while most us walk around marveling at the sunshine

You don't have to Bash Posters mate.

Don't like that kind of post

I hope this win will shut up some of the sooks who threw all their toys out of the cot after last week.

It was fine to be critical of our effort against the Tigers but all that rubbish spewed out about all our players are s**t, coaching is s**t, Ed is s**t, Hine is s**t etc was total and utter garbage.

When this team is on mentally they show their enormous potential. They played like an unburdened team last night, showed courage and totally backed themselves.

You can see the future there.

Get on board.

Same as above. Don't have to Abuse Posters

Okay I have been meaning to share this story for the last week, but have been very busy and too be honest the board wasn't a fun place to be after last week's result. But Mum and I went to the game last week and where we were sitting there where two groups of guys who were in Victoria, one from WA and one from SA, who were over annual trips they make to Victoria to attend football, they were each going to four games across the weekend and the Collingwood v Richmond game was one.

So there were an eclectic mix of supporters. I think each had one or two Tiger supporters but the rest were neutral supporters, we had a couple of North supporters, Freo supporters, Eagles Supporters, Port supporters etc. Anyway Mum and I were chatting to the Freo and Eagles supporters for most of the match and they kept asking us who Number 30 was, Number 17, Number 37, Number 35 etc, because being over in Perth they hadn't seen a lot of us this year. They were really stunned when Mum and I explained who Moore/Marsh/De Goey/Maynard etc were and how many games they had played. They were sure based on what they were seeing in the Tigers match that these kids were more experienced.

This is why I was not too panicked by what we saw last week and why I am so glad we had the result we did last night which has allowed a lot of people to see it this week. Obviously loved the win in general, but for people to now being seeing what has been there but masked throughout the losing streak, which is we have a very bright future with an exciting group of kids. Which whether it is via trade or draft we are going to add to this off season as well. I don't think there has been a match this season, even the Tigers match, where I haven't walked out at the end feeling that our long term future is brighter than the oppositions (well maybe the Bulldogs and GWS games may have tempered the feeling slightly).

I really hope one or two of Moore/Maynard/Scharenberg get a Rising Star nomination before the season is out, though as all three will be eligible next year I think it's safe to say they'll get one at some stage.

I was at the game last night; got drunk after it. Is it sad that I wanted to come into BF at 2am and slur some thoughts around the place? Anyway, there are few things sweeter than going to a game where you're outnumbered by opposition supporters, most of whom can sense an easy kill, and then to leave them a confused and battered mess.

My thoughts have been expressed by other posters in one form or another, but I'll express some anyway:

* Fasolo--I've maligned the man in the past, and last night wasn't a perfect game from him, but he played his part and he looks so important to the balance of that forward line. Almost always gets himself into the right spots.

* Grundy--It was his work around the ground which impressed me most. Not just his tackling, which is a trademark, but his leading around the ground, his strong aerial contests, his field kicking.

* JDG--I'll try not to dwell on this young man too much: it'll just sound creepy. We've all seen his tackling before, and we've all seen him do some fine clearance work, but last night also brought a display of his running abilities. He's a bull, and he can be a rather fast bull.

* Crisp--There were a few players who seemed especially potent by foot last night, and Crisp was a standout. But it was his run that I enjoyed most, his ability to cut through lines and then to deliver the ball at pace.

* Marsh--A mention. He didn't look comfortable in the forward line. On a day when a feature article in the Age told us how jittery he feels in the forward line, we then call upon him as a sub and hurl him into the forward line. It is something I'd like to see him try every once in a while, but it didn't work out for him at all last night.

* Menzel--People's reports from the TV coverage seem to suggest that last night's game was the D. Menzel Show, but this kid certainly deserves some attention. I'm hesitant to call him a 'smart' player, because he seems to operate by instinct. He doesn't seem to need more than a split second to make the right decision, and his ability to move and deliver in congestion would be impressive for any player, let alone a player whose body has banished him from the game for so long. But of course, if I'm generous in my praise it's because we thumped his team.

Last night was a win for the future. It felt significant. There is nothing more important for development than the experience of doubt, and then overcoming those doubts.

I was at the game last night; got drunk after it. Is it sad that I wanted to come into BF at 2am and slur some thoughts around the place? Anyway, there are few things sweeter than going to a game where you're outnumbered by opposition supporters, most of whom can sense an easy kill, and then to leave them a confused and battered mess.

My thoughts have been expressed by other posters in one form or another, but I'll express some anyway:

* Fasolo--I've maligned the man in the past, and last night wasn't a perfect game from him, but he played his part and he looks so important to the balance of that forward line. Almost always gets himself into the right spots.

* Grundy--It was his work around the ground which impressed me most. Not just his tackling, which is a trademark, but his leading around the ground, his strong aerial contests, his field kicking.

* JDG--I'll try not to dwell on this young man too much: it'll just sound creepy. We've all seen his tackling before, and we've all seen him do some fine clearance work, but last night also brought a display of his running abilities. He's a bull, and he can be a rather fast bull.

* Crisp--There were a few players who seemed especially potent by foot last night, and Crisp was a standout. But it was his run that I enjoyed most, his ability to cut through lines and then to deliver the ball at pace.

* Marsh--A mention. He didn't look comfortable in the forward line. On a day when a feature article in the Age told us how jittery he feels in the forward line, we then call upon him as a sub and hurl him into the forward line. It is something I'd like to see him try every once in a while, but it didn't work out for him at all last night.

* Menzel--People's reports from the TV coverage seem to suggest that last night's game was the D. Menzel Show, but this kid certainly deserves some attention. I'm hesitant to call him a 'smart' player, because he seems to operate by instinct. He doesn't seem to need more than a split second to make the right decision, and his ability to move and deliver in congestion would be impressive for any player, let alone a player whose body has banished him from the game for so long. But of course, if I'm generous in my praise it's because we thumped his team.

Last night was a win for the future. It felt significant. There is nothing more important for development than the experience of doubt, and then overcoming those doubts.

Very good notes. Also, I would support your need to express drunken slurring on the BF Collingwood board. I think this is the appropriate forum.

I didn't abuse any individual Dave. The posters I was talking about know who they are.

Feeling a bit guilty are we?

No but you did not have to Gloat at people where not expecting much after Tigers game

Very good notes. Also, I would support your need to express drunken slurring on the BF Collingwood board. I think this is the appropriate forum.

It was only an intention to slur my thoughts around the place. In the spirit of true inebriation I became distracted and forgot that I owned a computer...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are accusing me of being a grundy basher you are wrong. I am a fan but think ultimately Witts will be better. Grundy wll be a great player for us if he works on his kicking and marking......and his mark i saw last night was definitely a step in the right direction

Basher would be a harsh way to put it, but that being said I've found your recent comments surprising.

Grundy has been exceptional one out in 2015 so perhaps supporting him for his actual form might be an option ahead of what you hope to see long term from Witts.

You've been negative yourself lately have you not? You basically admitted it yourself in other threads. Don't be too much of a hypocrite.

Fair enough. Sorry about the arsewipe comment. Trust me, I am paying a price today.

Well that is Pathetic then

Why Dave? Is it not pathetic for 'supporters' to spit and froth and carry on like *******s because they 'need to vent' when things aren't going the way they'd like? To abuse the club, the staff and say vile things about the players that are the ones busting their arses 11 months of the year? When they changed their minds like the wind every week depending on whether we win or lose?
That's ******* pathetic IMO.

Yeh they own the Chinese take away around the corner from Eddies place.
Apparently there sweet and sour pork is to die for, and they have contributed largely to Ed's fat guts bouncing around when he was kicking the footy on the ground b4 the game

Nice ... I bet they were corporate sponsors ...
Being from America, I'm hoping to see Mason Cox next week.

Robbo says hi

TradeDraft Kirby Agree to disagree and let it go.

Let's enjoy that many of the naysayers are looking for something else to do this weekend!
Did you delete my post?

Jeepers, posters here can spew out hate and vitriol all week and keep their posts alive. o_O

Ling did have his cheer on tonight, although that directed towards Menzel was understandable after everything Menzel's been through. It was great seeing him back out there.

On another note how great was the late out, no Bruce McAvaney was outstanding. 7 should retire him from calling AFL with immediate effect!
You can't mention Bruce without finishing your sentences without a question mark.

...can you?

Last edited:
Fair enough. Sorry about the arsewipe comment. Trust me, I am paying a price today.

No issue. The personal insults lately, (not just from you) don't bother me necessarily (I'm not Adam Goodes), it's more the fact that if someone like THATSGOLD, myself or Krueger made insults like that towards others, we'd be carded quick smart.

I'd rather it's either like the Bay where it's open slather and everyone gives and gets, or don't allow it from anyone.

Did you delete my post?

Jeepers, posters here can spew out hate and vitriol all week and keep their posts alive. o_O
Yeah sorry Kirby - A couple of yours and TD. Borderline and I know feel your angst. More trying to knock the derailing between you and TD

No issue. The personal insults lately, (not just from you) don't bother me necessarily (I'm not Adam Goodes), it's more the fact that if someone like THATSGOLD, myself or Krueger made insults like that towards others, we'd be carded quick smart.

I'd rather it's either like the Bay where it's open slather and everyone gives and gets, or don't allow it from anyone.

I can understand that. If the mods want to card me then I won't complain. In the meantime it is a beautiful feeling knowing we ended the cats season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back