Review Post Game v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't agree more
All we can ask for from such a young squad. We have plenty to be happy about. Especially when we lose Geary, then Monty pre-match, AND THEN WE BLOODY LOSE Roo... loved the heart from all the boys today. Love seeing what Richo is doing with our boys. The entire group seems to trust him and that's what we need in a coach. We have got a bloody bright future. Looking forward to our future success, I wish time would pass by a bit quicker.

Are Billings, Templeton, Newnes and Dunstan slower now than when they arrived at the club?

All appear to be running heavy....

I've noticed this with Dunstan and Newnes this year, Dunstan especially. Dunstan's getting a decent amount of the ball but he seems to fumble, dispose poorly and make a lot more mistakes than last year. He's much slower as you mentioned. I think maybe his shoulder injury last year took away a bit of his mobility?

Josh Bruce Gun, although dropped a mark or two.
David Armitage OK. Made a few iffy decisions.
Jack Newnes Solid, but needs to nail the goals.
Jack Steven Not the best day, and made a bewildering decision going forward.
Sean Dempster Was going ok. But wrong match up for Eddie and really struggled with him in the end.
Sam Fisher Quiet.
Tom Hickey Gun. Strong, good hands, good kick, good coverage, good brain.
Eli Templeton Maybe I didn't notice him as much with the haircut? I'll watch the replay.
Shane Savage Quiet.
Jack Sinclair Missed a few kicks which is abnormal.
Jack Billings OK.
Jimmy Webster Very good. Strong, quick, bullet kick.
Maverick Weller Quiet but filled space well.
Adam Schneider Quiet.
Cameron Shenton Very good after coming on.
Dylan Roberton OK but takes some risky kicks down back.
Luke Dunstan Quiet. One or two good things but looked really out of it. Maybe a run at Sandy.
Billy Longer Needs to position better and clunk the marks a kick down play. Still young.
Luke Delaney Lost Walker many times, just couldn't keep up. But still kept him relatively quiet.
Daniel McKenzie Will keep getting better. Makes the right choice. Just needs to adapt to the speed in close.
Nick Riewoldt KO.
Jack Lonie KO.
Leigh Montagna Tight.
Jarryn Geary Sore.

So we lost two guys pre game, not ideal. Then another two before quarter time. Roo was sweeping the backline pretty well before he went down. Missed Lonie's energy. Conversion bad. The Crows just positioned themselves well, always having two or three out the back or ready for the switch, we couldn't close the space quick enough. I think all our guys were around the packs trying to win the clearance with numbers, but Thompson was huge inside. They kept the forward line relatively open. Eddie was unstoppable, we have so many halfback flankers, yet no one would be able to shut him down. All in all the Crows didn't give us much space, and we haven't the experience to work through it. Betts 3, Thompson 2, Bruce 1. I loved getting along a finally getting to see the work that goes on off the ball. Dempster really is almost perfect down field, positioning and closing down. No one can handle Eddie though.

And umpire 11 - Curtis Deboy, absolute disgrace. Enjoy your payout mate. He certainly made sure he would get out alive. He was dressed in yellow, just missing blue and red. Single handedly gifted the Crows the game in the first half. I'm not an umpire basher when they do their best, but his performance was remarkably dodgy. Talk about whispers in the sky.

Did u watch the game??

Shenton was shocking.

Poor decision making.

Also we hardly seemed to have a small front and centre when it came in.

Leaving Betts 1-out was a major error.

That said, we didn't have the legs to run as we'd prefer.

Oh, I thought we got a few guesses...

That's your opinion. My opinion is you're wrong.

I thought he looked okay again getting caught at least taking the game on often when searching for non existent options. I would rather his game today than a few who looked out of the game all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicked it out on the full.

One early boo boo and your fate is sealed.

Not sure. He gave Sincs praise then acknowledged that his 'time on the primary list had come to an end as he was a rookie list player'

(That's basically what he said without it being a direct quote)
Very sad... one of the most effective 1st year players so far this season. Don't want any of the other boys to get a long term injury... but want him back on the senior list asap...

I actually dont mind if Sinclair goes back to the vfl for a few weeks, till we can upgrade him again. Can go back and work on a few things.
Surely acres comes in now for his block of games!?

Felt like we really missed lonie today, kids in my best 22. Even thou he was KO'd the rest will freshen him up a bit.

I can't wait for when McCartin gets going in a couple of years. Bruce and McCartin in the forward line kicking bags will be a sight to see.
Not too many positives for today's game.
Watching Dunstan, he needs to learn two way running. Only seems to be effective at stoppage atm.
Dunstan is actually one of the few mids to really push hard back in the games I have seen. Is sometimes the guy to get the switch across the last line of defence. No doubt he needs a good hard rest though.

I actually think that Dunstan will suffer from Luke Ball syndrome if we don't start looking after him more. Heavy inside work is tough for anyone, let alone a 19 yr old. I personally think he should have a week off every 5 weeks or so just to manage him through the year especially considering the shoulder ops he had last year.

To me he looks like the 'The General' has caught up with him... (soreness)

And with Armo & Steven going well, there's less ball for Dunstan to win compared to last year when they were both out for periods. Probably why his 2nd year numbers are down. I have faith though - he will be a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back