Review Post Game vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's see what master coach James Hird has in store by way of response against the Demons. He's already cut Dempsey and Kavanagh. Dempsey is a funny choice, he may have been an idiotic thug, but he seemed like he was one of the few that tried to change the game. Still, the eye is on the tactical prowess of the Golden Child and what he will do this time if the Dons fall behind.

Not that I care. Whatever happens, they are doomed, the question is how long it will take them to work it out.

Hey I remember that comment too. Good memory narks. I'll give you a classic example of an Essendon supporter that sums them up. In 2011 my wife invited the mothers group to our house and invites the husbands to meet. i only have one big saints photo out and it's in the spare room, it's the remember moorabbin collage the club released in 2010 when we moved to Seaford. Anyway, one the couples arrives, the husband walks in, who I'd never met by the way, sees the picture, shakes my hand, I say g'day and hand him a beer and this is what he says. "So do you follow the saints? Gee they're a s**t club, how can you follow them?" Now, I'd never met this guy before but I was f**kin fuming but didn't show it and just said "let me guess, do you follow Essendon?" He says, "how did you know that?" I replied with "just a guess, I can tell" and there you have it, your typical arrogant Essendon supporter. Pack of turds.
got spat on by Essendon supporters at Princes Park in '95. In torrential rain, we lost by 120 points...still wasn't enough for some supporters

got spat on by Essendon supporters at Princes Park in '95. In torrential rain, we lost by 120 points...still wasn't enough for some supporters

I say this with no embarrassment or regrets. Me and my bro left that game minutes into the third quarter, caught the tram down Racecourse Road to the Sydney Liars Club, sat in front of the open fire and watched Plugger kick six for the Swans.

To bastardise Paul Kelly, there were two teams out there, but only one of them were playing footy - greatest display of wet weather footy I've ever seen. And to think we went in as favourites to a grand final just two seasons later.

Never too tired for an injection of fun into this thread.
I think the thread needs a shot in the arm... It's pretty devoid of substance(s)

Just watched replay again, cant get enough of it .

Goal from Savage reminds me of the way how Gary Ablett scores his goals. I know it is big comparison but still 55 mts goal kick..

my favourite play was:

Savage bullet-like pass to Lukey at CHF, handball to Seb, perfectly weighted pass out wide to Newnes, perfectly weighted pass to Bruce 20 meters out. Savage has some weapon on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say this with no embarrassment or regrets. Me and my bro left that game minutes into the third quarter, caught the tram down Racecourse Road to the Sydney Liars Club, sat in front of the open fire and watched Plugger kick six for the Swans.

To bastardise Paul Kelly, there were two teams out there, but only one of them were playing footy - greatest display of wet weather footy I've ever seen. And to think we went in as favourites to a grand final just two seasons later.
Hey, how come Paul Kelly was always mentioned as Pluggers 'best mate'? Gee that used to make me cringe. Just sayin'

Essendon have just made the transition from Danking to Tanking. They were hoping they might lose the w**king tag, in the process but no such luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still remember after we beat the druggies last year reading what an arrogant Bombers fan wrote on their game day thread:

"Josh Bruce is the perfect St Kilda player.

He's done nothing in his career, I mean he's really quite bad. You'd be a bit embarrassed to say he was playing for your club. Yet he's still inexplicably arrogant."

I just love that Bruce puts them to the sword whenever he plays them. Have a feelpuing the Bombers are gonna be Bruce's bunnies for many years to come too.

we should
arent you guys getting a little peptired of taking the piss out of Essendon.
oooops I mean 'tired':oops:
:p

never:p:D espeically if we a game this year :D;)

Its Don Bradman ( as quoted by Paul Kelly ) that you are bastardising .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back