Opinion Post here if disappointed with your clubs draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Riverina kid? As if that's a surprise, there isn't a region in the country that needs an academy less. It would be a token set up while they reap the freebies.
For all the repeated claims talking it up, it only got one guy taken in the ND in the decade before the GWS academy.

He was boarding at a school in Ballarat and playing TAC cup every week. How many times do you expect him to make a 8hr trip to show up to an academy session?

So you are saying he's a Ballarat boy who didn't attend your academy because he is playing a ridiculously long way away from western sydney? Pretty cool set up Demitriou has bought for you boys ....

Insert "okey then" Gif here < >....

Last edited:
Don't be so defensive, it wasn't as if I said Oliver was rubbish just that Frances is significantly better. And my 'record' is the point - it's non existence which is significantly better thanMelbourne's these last few years. If you are going to get this upset over someone's opinion on a draft choice then I suggest that you go see a psychologist.

To be honest you seem to be the only one getting really upset that your 'opinion' has been questioned.

Don't be so defensive, it wasn't as if I said Oliver was rubbish just that Frances is significantly better. And my 'record' is the point - it's non existence which is significantly better thanMelbourne's these last few years.
:rolleyes: Last few years? Taylor's been in charge and hasn't put a foot wrong in 'these last few years'. Prendergast works for Carltank now.

Last edited:
There's a funny thread on the Adelaide board where there was a bit of a meltdown when Adelaide passed on Ebert to get Dangerfield.
Yes I guess that. I'm saying that, on one hand you're saying Oliver was the wrong pick, and on the other you're telling people to trust the recruiters when the player the fans want is overlooked.

Yes I guess that. I'm saying that, on one hand you're saying Oliver was the wrong pick, and on the other you're telling people to trust the recruiters when the player the fans want is overlooked.
No I wasn't saying that, I was just responding to where I thought the Adelaide supporters might be. I see your point though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will. Wanted Francis. Feel like Francis and Salem off half back would have set us up for ten years. Oliver is nice but with Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, ANB plus the old guys he will have to force his way in.

Plus meh on Weiderman.

Only thing I can think with Francis is that he could have been a flight risk, but he grew up supporting the Dons.

Well, you need to start blooding a KPF for when Hogan goes home.

Weitering a no-brainer and Curnow WELL worth the punt.

I'm a bit unsure about McKay though. Is he really a #10 pick KPF? Or is he just really bloody tall? Seems likeable, and I sure WANT him to succeed, but I'm badly scarred by Carlton ability to pick talls who fall apart or never amount to anything. See: Hampson, Mitchell, McCarthy, Watson... go all the way back to Livingstone.

It's like I don't dare to dream that he becomes a good player.

So you are saying he's a Ballarat boy who didn't attend your academy because he is playing a ridiculously long way away from western sydney? Pretty cool set up Demitriou has bought for you boys ....

Insert "okey then" Gif here < >....

And he was in an academy?

Crickey

Christ this board has it all. For the dipshits who post without reading anything first,

The 18-year-old moved from Leeton in NSW to Victoria last year to board at St Patrick's College in Ballarat

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...-academy-star-and-natural-leader-jacob-hopper

Translated means he's a NSW boy who went to boarding school in Ballarat.

Christ this board has it all. For the dipshits who post without reading anything first,

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...-academy-star-and-natural-leader-jacob-hopper

Translated means he's a NSW boy who went to boarding school in Ballarat.

So given one of your mob has already stated he barely attended your academy can you explain why he is an academy kid? At face value it sounds like he left NSW and went to the Ballarat academy? Wouldn't you agree? So he would logically fall into the Vic Clubs catchment areas if such existed. Maybe I'm just stupid - do enlighten me.....??

So given one of your mob has already stated he barely attended your academy can you explain why he is an academy kid? At face value it sounds like he left NSW and went to the Ballarat academy? Wouldn't you agree? So he would logically fall into the Vic Clubs catchment areas if such existed. Maybe I'm just stupid - do enlighten me.....??

There is no Ballarat academy. He went to boarding school in Ballarat. His family home address was still in NSW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back