Post pics of your bar up

Apr 27, 2008
Not those one's. These one's!
This is the ASB at the back of my mates house in Brissy. Its basically a triple car garage that's a heavily North focused sport and home brewers appreciation bar. Rustic and easy going. Big pool table where we play a game we invented called Arden Street Rules! We don't have many rules: no dickheads, no s**t advice, no women allowed in bar, if ur not playing pool you have to refill everyone's beers etc. Pretty standard stuff really. 'course some of the characters are a little worse for wear but thats to be expected!
Please share, big bars or small bars. Nothing to be ashamed of here!
IMG_1331.JPG IMG_1335.JPG IMG_1336.JPG

Not those one's. These one's!
This is the ASB at the back of my mates house in Brissy. Its basically a triple car garage that's a heavily North focused sport and home brewers appreciation bar. Rustic and easy going. Big pool table where we play a game we invented called Arden Street Rules! We don't have many rules: no dickheads, no s**t advice, no women allowed in bar, if ur not playing pool you have to refill everyone's beers etc. Pretty standard stuff really. 'course some of the characters are a little worse for wear but thats to be expected!
Please share, big bars or small bars. Nothing to be ashamed of here!
View attachment 179783 View attachment 179785 View attachment 179787
Top stuff mate.

No women allowed reminds me of every Grand Final BBQ I've attended over the past five years. Women were expected to sit in the kitchen talking about babies and cooking while the blokes sat around the big screen TV watching the game.
Eff that says I, and went in to watch the footy. Next minute the women are giving me looks like I'm some kind of skank on the prowl and the men don't quite know what to think.

Any bar I ever create will be "only North supporters allowed".

No women allowed reminds me of every Grand Final BBQ I've attended over the past five years. Women were expected to sit in the kitchen talking about babies and cooking while the blokes sat around the big screen TV watching the game.
Eff that says I, and went in to watch the footy. Next minute the women are giving me looks like I'm some kind of skank on the prowl and the men don't quite know what to think.

Any bar I ever create will be "only North supporters allowed".
Fair enough miss Kate. The bar wasn't created as a haven for mysogynsts though.
Years ago when Matt got the pool table as an Xmas gift from his folks, the bar was born over about 4 sessions over a few months. As we were all in our mid to late 30's, with long term partners and kids etc. it morphed into a kind of North loving, or appreciating, bloke joint. It was thought that in order to get our mates around, it was good that it was a safe place away from drunken punch ons in The Valley and temptations that may present themselves there. Here, wags, (whilst they may have been out with their girl friends), knew that their blokes were ok.
Of course there have been many occasions, parties, NYE's etc that were filled with woman and kids but when it came to an 'ASB' then it was the boys only. In fact some of the funniest gut-busting laughter has occurred there. Well to us anyway. I know my wife wouldn't laugh the same way at our lowbrow 'fart' jokes.
Anyway, I think I'm being far too serious. I have no time, I need to marinate the 6kg MSA rump I bought this arvo, make a potato salad and spice up some chicken wings (yep, it's my bloody turn!?) tomorrow's GF ASB is gonna be a corker! And with our recent warm whether, all 120 kegs of me is certain to win the bommy comp in the pool just outside the bar!

Ps. As the dude (from the big lebowski said), I hate the f@@@@@n Eagles man! Go Hawks

My bar

tumblr_lpzaw45ztW1qz4ak4o1_500-500x325.jpg

Yes it is Rob. Do you know him? We've been mates since we met at oak park high school when I moved down from QLD
I met him for the first time earlier this year after knowing him only via stuff he's written. Nice fella. Many of his contemplations of NM are set in The Garage.

Yes it is Rob. Do you know him? We've been mates since we met at oak park high school when I moved down from QLD
And now, in a plug for another footy site where at least a couple of us have alter egos, Matt has a long-ish piece on Mick Nolan in the Almanac's magazine "Long Bombs To Snake". It's not super cheap but the ads are more tasteful than the ones Chief has here.

At the very least, LB2Snake should be interested in this.

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/our-e-magazine-long-bombs-to-snake-is-out-now/

RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN (EVERY 5 MINS.)
FORWARD LINE OPEN
FORWARDS LEADING
COVERING THOMMO’s KNOCKS (WHEN PV NOT THERE)
RUN ON. HIT ON. KNOCK ON.
BE IN FRONT (B.I.F)
DIRECT & QUICK DOWN TO SNAKE
HANDPASS RECEIVING
THEIR THIRD QUARTER!!!
22 MIN MARK - IT’s TIME!!!
PRESSURE KICKOUT TO COWTON
KEENAN TO GO TO OPP FLANK
STRAIGHT DOWN THE GUTS WHEN WE CAN
LONG BOMBS TO SNAKE