Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw a poster arguing on a separate board again yesterday that Gunston is only good because of his teammates.

Pretty sure I already had him on the list I posted earlier, but it just goes to show that we have about 18 players in our 22 who are only good because of their teammates.
I said on that thread "It appears that we have 22 players that are lucky they are playing in a champion team and wouldn't be any good at another club." (Breust's & Mitchell's name had been dropped to that point so I got the shits a bit). To which a Collingwood post responded "I like how its only Hawks supporters saying this."

The point I was trying to make is, who are our champion players if so many of them are considered to only be good because of their team mates?

Later in that thread they were arguing that Hawthorn are the best because they have the best group of top/exceptional players and that our bottom half dozen or so are just as s**t if not more so than any other team's bottom six players. I think some bigfooty posters might get the shits when we lose the likes of Hodge & Mitchell and we are still a ******* good team!

I said on that thread "It appears that we have 22 players that are lucky they are playing in a champion team and wouldn't be any good at another club." (Breust's & Mitchell's name had been dropped to that point so I got the shits a bit). To which a Collingwood post responded "I like how its only Hawks supporters saying this."

The point I was trying to make is, who are our champion players if so many of them are considered to only be good because of their team mates?

Later in that thread they were arguing that Hawthorn are the best because they have the best group of top/exceptional players and that our bottom half dozen or so are just as s**t if not more so than any other team's bottom six players. I think some bigfooty posters might get the shits when we lose the likes of Hodge & Mitchell and we are still a ******* good team!
I think you're on the money, people desperately want us to only be good because of Hodge/Mitch/Burgoyne, so that when they retire we come back to the pack.

Being so good means you're going to get hated. I love it. Beats being everyone's second team, like that pathetic one flag mob from Failscray...

I must confess, it feels so much better winning the last three premierships than not winning them. So I don't really give a toss what other supporters say. They are just experiencing what it is like not winning the last three premierships.

I think you're on the money, people desperately want us to only be good because of Hodge/Mitch/Burgoyne, so that when they retire we come back to the pack.

Being so good means you're going to get hated. I love it. Beats being everyone's second team, like that pathetic one flag mob from Failscray...
But Hodge is an overrated HBF, Mitch wouldn't get a game at any other club and Burgoyne doesn't do anything really so we will be fine when they retire. In faact, they are probably holding us back :p

I must confess, it feels so much better winning the last three premierships than not winning them. So I don't really give a toss what other supporters say. They are just experiencing what it is like not winning the last three premierships.
How could you win the last three flags straight in an 18 team comp and not have the best squad of players.

Three flags is fact....not opinion.

The detractors are deluded.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sheedy* apparently saying we were lucky to win the last two, as the opposition didn't show up.

God how I hope his evil cheating club* gets absolutely smashed at CAS.
My goodness u Hawks supporters appear to be over sensitive!! It's only Sheedy's opinion for goodness sake. Sorry for the intrusion but just curious to see why u Hawks supporters would be interested in what opposition supporters were thinking. Just enjoy your win, until next year anyway

My goodness u Hawks supporters appear to be over sensitive!! It's only Sheedy's opinion for goodness sake. Sorry for the intrusion but just curious to see why u Hawks supporters would be interested in what opposition supporters were thinking. Just enjoy your win, until next year anyway
It's not your fans, it's Shitney and Corio fans mainly.

Just another example of opposition bitterness. Right here on our board no less.

Just another example of opposition bitterness. Right here on our board no less.

Now tell me where is the bitterness in my comments? Was just amazed that you would even care what opposition supporters think. I am not in the least bit bitter about your win on GF day. Was disappointed that the Eagles did not play better and walking out of the MCG on the day congratulated some of the Hawks supporters on their win. Suggest you look up the word bitterness in the dictionary to explain the meaning lol;)

Now tell me where is the bitterness in my comments? Was just amazed that you would even care what opposition supporters think. I am not in the least bit bitter about your win on GF day. Was disappointed that the Eagles did not play better and walking out of the MCG on the day congratulated some of the Hawks supporters on their win. Suggest you look up the word bitterness in the dictionary to explain the meaning lol;)

I met quite a few Eagles fans on GF day who were a credit to their club, just as I have with fans of all clubs (even Sydney & Geelong). It's just that the Big Footy representatives of the latter two have a tendency to melt into salty puddles at the mere mention of Hawthorn's success. In order to spare ourselves the offence at their disrespect, we choose to find the humour in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect frenchy....but we could inquire of your good self in the same way.

Short answer we are tired of the lack of recognition of our clubs recent achievements. Along with the long list of bullshit reasons/excuses/porkies why we did what no one else could do in 13,14 & 15.

Last edited:
We pity them for they know not what they say ;)
:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow: - that is one rainbow for each cup :D

No disrespect frenchy....but we could inquire of your good self in the same way.

Short answer we are tired of the lack of recognition of our clubs recent achievements. Along with the long list of bullshit reasons/excuses/porkies why we did, what no one else could in 13,14 & 15.

Okay. Point taken. Continue to enjoy your win:rolleyes:

Okay. Point taken. Continue to enjoy your win:rolleyes:
Hawthorn supporters have become very easy to target on BF, but, this topic is about the ridiculous and mostly funny oppo supporters and their never ending sook ups on how Hawthorn aren't that good. We are NOT agreeing that they're right, we are merely making the point about how embarrassing it is to be trolling a club/supporters that have become the only club 'Untrollable'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back