Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

Add Duryea to the list of players that are only good because of their teammates, if he wasn't already on it.

Don't be silly, no-one thinks Duryea is good. He's a bottom 6 plodder, just like Birchall, Stratton, and everyone else who plays in defence aside from Brian Lake (who we bought).

These weren't on Abasi's list. But the bolded have now been spotted on the overrated spud list.

McEvoy
Burgoyne
Duryea
Mitchell
Suckling
Lake
Shiels
Birchall
Schoenmaker

McEvoy
Burgoyne
Duryea
Mitchell
Suckling

Lake
Shiels
Birchall
Schoenmaker

FIFY

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Add Duryea to the list of players that are only good because of their teammates, if he wasn't already on it.
His amazing goal in the 4th quarter of the Freo game certainly dispelled that myth! He played a sensational game that night.

His amazing goal in the 4th quarter of the Freo game certainly dispelled that myth! He played a sensational game that night.
Flat track bully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference being: we also have some superstars.....but they know how to play as a TEAM.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
That is a very valid point.
They play their role

These weren't on Abasi's list. But the bolded have now been spotted on the overrated spud list.

McEvoy
Burgoyne
Duryea
Mitchell
Suckling
Lake
Shiels
Birchall
Schoenmaker
Surely schoe counts with a whole bay thread in 2012? And Mitchell wouldn't get a game elsewhere says Carey. Large sections of this board call suckling overrated too.

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
Surely schoe counts with a whole bay thread in 2012? And Mitchell wouldn't get a game elsewhere says Carey. Large sections of this board call suckling overrated too.
Now who was he ...........oh wait!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Tyrone Time

Cancelled
May 22, 2015
Baltimore
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Classic today:

"You know Luke Hodge's DUI was a cover story to hide his drug problem? Apparently he was caught driving high and the AFL covered it up so he could play finals. Your 3peat is tainted".

Wow, the bitterness. Thanks VicPol and the AFL who were all in on the big conspiracy... lol

Classic today:

"You know Luke Hodge's DUI was a cover story to hide his drug problem? Apparently he was caught driving high and the AFL covered it up so he could play finals. Your 3peat is tainted".

Wow, the bitterness. Thanks VicPol and the AFL who were all in on the big conspiracy... lol
Yes, I'm sure the AFL, despite all their equalisation bullshit, really went out of their way to protect Hodge and Hawthorn. Just like the AFL protect us at the MRP, and give us favourable umpiring.... the AFL really want us to win the flag every year, and all these equalisation measure are a front.

Some of the people who spout this stuff need to be neutered.

Tyrone Time

Cancelled
May 22, 2015
Baltimore
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Yes, I'm sure the AFL, despite all their equalisation bullshit, really went out of their way to protect Hodge and Hawthorn. Just like the AFL protect us at the MRP, and give us favourable umpiring.... the AFL really want us to win the flag every year, and all these equalisation measure are a front.

Some of the people who spout this stuff need to be neutered.

lol
I recall the look on Gill the Dill's face at the presentation, he looked thrilled...not!
And isn't Hodgey Australian skipper for the round ball game? Makes sense for a druggie.
I forgot to mention Cats fan, but then, it was probably only a guess out of 3 really.

I just love how people think that the police are somehow swayed into letting AFL players off or sweeping things under the rug.

The police have no affiliation to sporting codes and it's actually in their interests to put extra efforts into catching high profile people. It makes the public feel better about their work when they see a public figure "get done". It only breeds discontent when they get off.

TyHawk

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2013
Jupiter
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City
Classic today:

All jokes aside, that is so awful, so ridiculous that no one should reply to it. By replying, we would give it airtime, like it was something that 'may' or 'may not' have happened and we are there to protect our player!! Honestly, the more the Main Board go on and on about hawthorns negatives, the more sensational this era feels! I just say 'suck it up ********s' and move on.

Saw a great one on a cricket live blog Rohan Connolly was doing - someone said Hawthorn were 'rorting the draft'. That's a new one. The way we keep identifying quality players with our low picks is so bloody unfair! Won't someone please think of the children!!

MontgomeryBurns

Debutant
Dec 31, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think you guys are being a bit harsh. It has been 3 long years for our opposition supporters waiting in their bedrooms to jump onto bigfooty to tell us how they were right all along and our middle tier players were going to be exposed once all our guns retired/output decreased a bit.

Though a personal favourite of mine is;
'player x is an overrated spud. would be found out in a weaker team, wouldn't get a game elsewhere.'
hawthorn supporter 'nah he's actually pretty good, plays his role and would be best 22 at every other club.'
'lololol look at you pathetic hawthorn supporters. If my club won flag after flag I wouldn't be so defensive on bigfooty, I'd be out enjoying it.'

Back