Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, love the lad. Keep developing the way he is, he'll soon be recognised as one of the top wingmen in the league.
What other clubs would give to have 1 of him or smith....

We have both and Hartung is about to cause problems fulltime now too....

What other clubs would give to have 1 of him or smith....

We have both and Hartung is about to cause problems fulltime now too....

Spot on. This is a big reason why we grabbed Lovell early in the draft imo. Hartung cops a bit of flack re his size. However has a good footy brain and skill plus he is beating Smith and Hill over distance.

My only concern for Hartung is what type of player will Hawthorn look towards for that 4th spot on the bench?

Not just that, but even the ones who've played senior football and done well have "shown nothing" apparently, while the same person argues that Weitering, McKay and Curnow(kids who haven't even played a scratch match for Carlton) make the Carlton youngsters a better group - because high picks are mostly better players.

Too bad those high picks are going to one of the, if not the worst run club in the comp.

It's an interesting thought process though, that just because our kids haven't played 25 games each they're no good, yet you'll constantly read and hear about how Hawthorn prefer to give kids a long apprenticeship at Box Hill, which holds pretty much all of them in good stead.

But hey, what would I know, I just watch the most overrated 3 peaters every week, and a bunch of average joes at Box Hill who've been lucky to make it to the GF for 3 years straight.

Man, we suck.

But you enjoy your footy, don't you Abasi?

Guys, if you could please not go to that thread and post about their 'delusions', it would be appreciated.

It's not polite.

They're being quite reasonable in that thread, and it's their board.

Lol Gotta love GC26......it's been years and it still burns. Got burnt with so much backfire from the Bay over the years. Same with Nakia and NSFB or whatever it's called. They keep fighting the 'good' fight, despite how bitter and embarrassing they make themselves appear.

At least Bobby has recovered and now can post with reason and common sense as far as the HFC is concerned. It's good to see that there can be salvation.

Most of their posters are great though IMO. Despite some really out there outliers named above, they still have one of the best boards for discussing football with decent levels of respect and football understanding.

Lol Gotta love GC26......it's been years and it still burns. Got burnt with so much backfire from the Bay over the years. Same with Nakia and NSFB or whatever it's called. They keep fighting the 'good' fight, despite how bitter and embarrassing they make themselves appear.

At least Bobby has recovered and now can post with reason and common sense as far as the HFC is concerned. It's good to see that there can be salvation.

Most of their posters are great though IMO. Despite some really out there outliers named above, they still have one of the best boards for discussing football with decent levels of respect and football understanding.
I have to say real life Geelong supporters just like any other supporter group passionate but good people

I just went and read a few pages of that geelong thread and I have to say, it's very reasonable imo, we really shouldn't be getting too involved in taunts.

Old Gc26 throwing out a doozy repetitively.
"It took Clarkson 9 years to win his second flag".

Ummm, no, it took him 9 years to win 2 flags, and 5 years to win his second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong is a solid tier 2 football club (Fitzroy with an extra flag)

Hawthorn naturally is a tier 1 club along with Collingwood, Blooze and Scum...the 4 most successful clubs in the games history.

Cheating campaigners aside Essendon is the main game

As far as number of flags overall, yes. In the modern era, no flags for 2 decades, and a decade and a half respectively, and getting busted blatantly cheating, says no. Great clubs don't cheat, and don't go decades without a flag.

Only three other clubs have won 13 flags, Collingwood took 32 years to win their 14th whereas Carlton and Essendon went back to back. 2016 is looking good.

Im not sure we should poke fun at Old Gc16. Im pretty sure (in fact I'm convinced) he isnt the full quid.

...and that was before the Desmond Haynes s**t

1d3da-hanson.jpg

Please explain?

Only grouped with them as U23's, but understand your point.

Please accept a Hilly Gut Running Goal as an apology.

Great footage, I always like sitting up in places like that just to get a look at how different players work and where they like to run etc. one player that really surprised me in terms of how hard he worked was David Hale, looked a tractor on the telly but live he worked as hard as anyone.

Just in that footage, not sure if there is an extended clip of that but to play devils advocate that footage might not really tell the whole story, Hilly does an excellent job of tracking back with the Sydney bloke and then really gets the skates on and pushes forward when we countered, it looks great and it was good work but to completely understand what goes on in those situations it should be pointed out that player rotations and interchanges play a big roll in when and how players are able to push, the Sydney bloke gets blown up when he tries to follow Hill back while Hilly is able to run both defensively and then offensively, it would be interesting to know where both of those boys were in terms of their rotations and time on the ground? How long had Hilly been on for at the time of the clip against how long the Sydney bloke had been on for? Hilly might have only just came on in the minutes prior while the Sydney bloke could have been there for a bit longer and just got caught out, really good to watch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok bumps, just peruse the main board for some cheap laughs.

I'm not sure how the list of "Hawthorn players who are only good because of their teammates" is tracking, but I did read a Melbourne supporter yesterday suggest that Hodge is another one who benefits from "gun" teammates.

It's ok bumps, just peruse the main board for some cheap laughs.

Actually the best off season entertainment I've had courtesy of another team's board was last year on the North board. Not a salty thread about the Hawks but rather a very funny thread about favourite biscuits. It started off as just a fill in the off season thread about what everyone's favourite biscuit was but then people started attributing footy traits to the biscuits (strong performer, lightweight, all style and no substance etc. etc. ) and it eventually ended up with people naming biscuit teams of the century - was bloody hilarious :D :p I can't remember what dragged me to the North board in the first place but that thread kept me entertained for weeks :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back