Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

seysearles, yes other clubs posters don't like being linked to club boards, where they have people lining up to give them s**t. Not only does the poster probably not enjoy it, but we often see the posters being linked to then arrive in that thread and start throwing some mud back.
Of course, this then creates a shitfight between the locals and the visitor who was tagged into the thread.

It's a general rule that posts which are brought across from other boards have the posters name removed.

seysearles, yes other clubs posters don't like being linked to club boards, where they have people lining up to give them s**t. Not only does the poster probably not enjoy it, but we often see the posters being linked to then arrive in that thread and start throwing some mud back.
Of course, this then creates a shitfight between the locals and the visitor who was tagged into the thread.

It's a general rule that posts which are brought across from other boards have the posters name removed.

That actually happened to me a couple of years ago. I never go to opposition boards, I stick to the Hawthorn and main boards. I made some comment about Carlton on the Hawks board, it got lifted and posted in the Carlton board.

Next thing I know, I'm being inundated with replies from Carlton supporters having a go at me for one thing or another. I responded to one in unkindly fashion, next thing I know I'm being sent infraction notices by moderators on the Carlton board.

Anyway, it was all fixed in the end when the Carlton moderator had to admit it was obvious I didn't know my response was made in the Carlton board. I'm going to wash my hands now, I feel dirty having had to type the word "Carlton" so many times :)

I was at a fundraiser before Christmas and sitting at a table with a few distinguished non-hawthorn gentlemen. I was quite known to them and they knew my Love for the Hawthorn Football Club. The anger and Jealousy that came out of their mouths directed at me after they had a few drinks was a sight to see. I sat back with a smirk on my face and kept repeating we are the greatest and most successful club of the last 60yrs and guess what gentlemen we are going to make it 4 in a row. They kept getting angrier, loved it, hahahahaha.

I think talk about how mods behave or what actions they take are better left in PM between the person in question and an admin.

So yeah, this is actually a general rule of all boards too.

Knowing some of you have been stung by posting on other club boards, I can understand the frustration, but let's not turn this into a thread where we complain about moderators on others board doing the exact same thing as what I and the other Mods do here when a stranger walks in and starts being a dick( not always, but look at it from another perspective).

It pays to remember mods of other boards are just protecting their turf also, and like us, sometimes they give a wack that might not seem justified to the person on the receiving end. We do make mistakes too.

If you do feel you're having issues with a mod then PM one of the Admin.

Last edited:
I was at a fundraiser before Christmas and sitting at a table with a few distinguished non-hawthorn gentlemen. I was quite known to them and they knew my Love for the Hawthorn Football Club. The anger and Jealousy that came out of their mouths directed at me after they had a few drinks was a sight to see. I sat back with a smirk on my face and kept repeating we are the greatest and most successful club of the last 60yrs and guess what gentlemen we are going to make it 4 in a row. They kept getting angrier, loved it, hahahahaha.

I had a very similar experience.
I just said " I know you guys are old enough to remember the eighties, so you should know what to expect."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact you were digging through a 3 year old Grand Final gameday says a lot more about your life than mine mate.

Are you taking requests? My favourite Geelong fan bitterness is when you guys say 3 premierships over 5 years is better than 4 over 8 years - and that 3 over five years is better than a hat trick of premierships.

Oh then do the one where you quote inane statistics in which Geelong are better at to prove how great you are despite the fact that you've only one a single premiership more than Fitzroy.

I love the salty Geelong classics.

The fact you were digging through a 3 year old Grand Final gameday says a lot more about your life than mine mate.
Why do you blokes come on here in that way......you know what you are going to get every time!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sorry about the 3-year-old thread... we we're trying to remember what it was like back when winning premierships was exciting and new.

If our premiership window is closed, imagine what will happen when its open.......But tell me how Geelong are going to win the premiership this year aha

Easy guys. Marks team are using the tried and tested formula used by North Melbourne of trading in 100% free agents and mature players in lieu of draft picks. What could go wrong?
Aaaarrrrr......yes.....the rebuilding phase..........

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the thread.

As you were tagged into it then feel free to say what you really want to - we'd love your contributions

Out of interest who had the best modern era threepeat? Lions, Cats or Hawks?

Abasi will be gentle... see above...

This is my favourite opposition bitterness about our threepeat.

Until the next Cat supporter arrives ...

Welcome to the thread.

As you were tagged into it then feel free to say what you really want to - we'd love your contributions

Out of interest who had the best modern era threepeat? Lions, Cats or Hawks?

Abasi will be gentle... see above...
When did the Cats have a threepeat? I must have missed that.

They never even went back to back!

If Cats had a threepeat, then we've already had a Fourpeat

Are you taking requests? My favourite Geelong fan bitterness is when you guys say 3 premierships over 5 years is better than 4 over 8 years - and that 3 over five years is better than a hat trick of premierships.

Oh then do the one where you quote inane statistics in which Geelong are better at to prove how great you are despite the fact that you've only one a single premiership more than Fitzroy.

I love the salty Geelong classics.
And took them 60 years longer than Fitzroy to do it (last Fitzroy flag 1944)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back