Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

Game over lads, may I present to you AARNet. Limited by the network card in this desktop "only" being gigabit and the gigabit link back to the switch. The rest of the network is 10gig.

AayIH2x.jpg
Holy *!:eek:

I could certainly use that kind of speed for my 'research':cool:

I did the test and it just made me wonder... What do you have to do to get 5 stars :eek: I only got 4 out of 5

3747193949.png

Live in Glenelg, we have ADSL2+. It seems slow based on what most of the results are in this thread.

Should we complain/enquire?

I'd maybe enquire if you think it's too slow. Complain only if you know that you used to get much higher speeds.

There are a heap of factors that go into speeds over copper. You probably know them all, but distance from the exchange, quality of the copper lines etc.

Also - depends if you're doing the test over a WiFi connection in your home (you'll hardly ever get the best speeds this way).

I'd maybe enquire if you think it's too slow. Complain only if you know that you used to get much higher speeds.

There are a heap of factors that go into speeds over copper. You probably know them all, but distance from the exchange, quality of the copper lines etc.

Also - depends if you're doing the test over a WiFi connection in your home (you'll hardly ever get the best speeds this way).

Yes wifi. But this is pretty much as good as it gets. Never had anything over 800 KB/s.

3747193949.png

Live in Glenelg, we have ADSL2+. It seems slow based on what most of the results are in this thread.

Should we complain/enquire?
Actually for anywhere in SA other than anything government, schooling etc. that is very very good... which is scary. I was pulling 1-3 download Mb/s in Brighton ffs!

Here's my standard -
3797092527.png

There will be a few times during the day it'll play up at sit at around 50 ms ping and 3 download. I notice though after I reset my router (some black thompson I got from Telstra) it'll go back to normal. Is it worth investing in a new router/modem (any suggestions?). Just find it annoying I'm paying over $100 a month for such low speeds compared to some others I know. Also I found out I'm just under 300m away from the nearest node, not sure if that would make my speeds shitty too.

3797625924.png

hmmm seems like my download speed has dropped off by ~ 30Mb/s. I use to be able to get around 116Mb/s for download but last 2 months my speed has dropped off a bit, dont know why though :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3921323547.png

Foxtel and the internet were down in my area for a long time yesterday (overall it was 9 hours, I was home for a few of them but luckily I was at work for the rest of the time, thus I barely suffered). It was back on late last night but that is the way my current browsing experience feels like. It might look fast to others but I am used to 30+ mb/s download and the ping at under 10. The stuttering of youtube videos and other elements is driving me batty.

3797625924.png

hmmm seems like my download speed has dropped off by ~ 30Mb/s. I use to be able to get around 116Mb/s for download but last 2 months my speed has dropped off a bit, dont know why though :(

Are you on cable?

It's a shared connection so it's speeds can fluctuate. Also ethernet will be quicker than wireless

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back