Suggestion 'Posted while under the influence' tags.

Remove this Banner Ad

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine having an option when you sign in to nominate that you are under the influence of alcohol/other substances and so every post you make during that session has a little 'posted while under the influence' demarcation. Perhaps in size=1 font just above the signature or something.

Not only would it allow those of us who like to post while UTI to notify our fellow bf members that whatever we are saying is 1%-99% affected by substance, it would also allow us to understand how certain posts of ours were made when they are suddenly bumped. Example: See myah.

The other benefit would be that we could more readily ascertain whether certain posters were in fact posting drunk. I don't know how many times I've read posts by certain posters (I'd name them but last I did that Caesar carded me) and thought, 'Surely this guy is drunk'.

One problem I could see is that some posters would abuse (pardon the pun) this option and nominate 'under the influence' even when not, for the lulz or whatever. Perhaps you could limit the option to only those posters above 2000 total posts or something.

Food for thought, anyways. Keep up the good work, fellas.

:thumbsu:

Posted while under the influence.

Okay, so Chief wasn't keen for this idea, and I respect that. Probably wouldn't be good for his family-friendly, wholesome look he is going for in order to attract teh advertisers.

The problem is that now, under XenForo, we don't get to see the timestamp of posts, only the datestamp. In the past you could sometimes ascertain from the timestamp that some fool was posting drunk/high based on the time of the post (a diatribe at 2.00am is probably substance-aided, knowimsayin).

Is there any way XenForo can be modified to show full timestamp info?

Alternatively, can the wise heads at bigfooty.com HQ reconsider my idea?

Okay, so Chief wasn't keen for this idea, and I respect that. Probably wouldn't be good for his family-friendly, wholesome look he is going for in order to attract teh advertisers.

The problem is that now, under XenForo, we don't get to see the timestamp of posts, only the datestamp. In the past you could sometimes ascertain from the timestamp that some fool was posting drunk/high based on the time of the post (a diatribe at 2.00am is probably substance-aided, knowimsayin).

Is there any way XenForo can be modified to show full timestamp info?

Alternatively, can the wise heads at bigfooty.com HQ reconsider my idea?

I can see the timestamp just fine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem being that a lot of posters don't make much more sense when they're sober.

Stick in a smiley:

:drunk:

This smiley shows as a broken image for me. When I go to the URL I get the following:

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>PermanentRedirect</Code>
<Message>
The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint.
</Message>
<RequestId>BC19CA07393374C3</RequestId>
<Bucket>images.bigfootymedia.com</Bucket>
<HostId>
RHT0h1eLL3Gjr38dfq/vzFDtafWkjtBW6Y3u7CXdm6cEC6fWIeoz/tZDos87pH6Z
</HostId>
<Endpoint>images.bigfootymedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com</Endpoint>
</Error>

I am using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 8.

This smiley shows as a broken image for me. When I go to the URL I get the following:

I think I know what the issue was and it should be sorted now, but will only apply to use of the smilie from now on, so you should be able to see this one :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back