Posting still takes forever. (Solved - update Opera to latest version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Catatonic Shock

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2013
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey all
This issue has been around since the latest upgrade several months ago and seemingly hasn't been rectified even though I believe the admin know about it.
I'm running opera browser on my PC and when using the quick post box my text appears unbelievably slowly (for a typical 2 paragraph post the text can fall 30-60 seconds behind).
It's to the point now that I just don't bother posting most of the time, or only post while at work on my phone.
Any update on this issue?

Hey all
This issue has been around since the latest upgrade several months ago and seemingly hasn't been rectified even though I believe the admin know about it.
I'm running opera browser on my PC and when using the quick post box my text appears unbelievably slowly (for a typical 2 paragraph post the text can fall 30-60 seconds behind).
It's to the point now that I just don't bother posting most of the time, or only post while at work on my phone.
Any update on this issue?
I'm posting in Opera right now and have no issues.

What version are you using? Which operating system?

Via the About Opera option, mine is:

Version: 23.0.1522.60 - Opera is up to date
Update stream: Stable
System: Windows 7 64-bit (WoW64)

I'm posting in Opera right now and have no issues.

What version are you using? Which operating system?

Via the About Opera option, mine is:

Version: 23.0.1522.60 - Opera is up to date
Update stream: Stable
System: Windows 7 64-bit (WoW64)

Hmmm I may be on an older version, I'll check that out.
Win7 64-bit aswell.
I'll let you know.

edit: Checking the "About Opera" tab it says version is 12.17, which according to auto update is the latest version?

Ok, well seems although my browser says that it's up to date when clicking on auto update I actually wasn't.
I've upgrade to the version you have Chief and it seems to be running fine now.
Thanks for the quick reply, feel free to delete the thread.
Cheers again mate.

I had the same problem in internet explorer around the same time you posted. Incredible lag when typing. Wasn't sure whether it was a site thing or my internet had slowed down.

I had the same problem in internet explorer around the same time you posted. Incredible lag when typing. Wasn't sure whether it was a site thing or my internet had slowed down.

I was told by one of the admin (in a thread about the update) that it was a known issue at the time, I think something about the text editor or something, but since I post mostly on my phone it wasn't really something I pursued.
Seems though whatever it was was an issue with that version of Opera I was using at the time.

I was told by one of the admin (in a thread about the update) that it was a known issue at the time, I think something about the text editor or something, but since I post mostly on my phone it wasn't really something I pursued.
Seems though whatever it was was an issue with that version of Opera I was using at the time.
Yes it seems your issue was mixed up with another issue.

Great that it is sorted now :thumbsu:

I will leave this up so it appears in searches for people with the same issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back