Mod. Notice Potential board idea

Are you in favour of an 'Off Topic' sub board?

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So I've had a bit of an idea that I thought I'd share here and see what we thought.

I think we can all agree, the Terrace is dead. The place is a ghost town.

How would we feel about making that sub board an Off Topic sub board? Individual threads for music, TV, AFL talk, AFL trade threads etc etc. Anything the board wants to talk about?

The Off Topic thread is great but I think things get missed with how quickly it all moves. Individual threads would stop that occurring.

We have a pretty close knit group on the board so it would be good to have somewhere to talk about things that we wanted to without everything being drowned out pretty quickly.

Just a suggestion in any case. If you guys like it, we'll look at getting it set up.

So I've had a bit of an idea that I thought I'd share here and see what we thought.

I think we can all agree, the Terrace is dead. The place is a ghost town.

How would we feel about making that sub board an Off Topic sub board? Individual threads for music, TV, AFL talk, AFL trade threads etc etc. Anything the board wants to talk about?

The Off Topic thread is great but I think things get missed with how quickly it all moves. Individual threads would stop that occurring.

We have a pretty close knit group on the board so it would be good to have somewhere to talk about things that we wanted to without everything being drowned out pretty quickly.

Just a suggestion in any case. If you guys like it, we'll look at getting it set up.
Or you could just add an off topic prefix.

Think I'll have to agree with the others. The fact that it is just one topic and seems to be flavour of the day is one of its greatest appeals. Trying to separate it up into little pieces, and isolate it to another board would lack the original appeal of the topic.

Every forum has one of those 'free-for-alls' that people can get right in and discuss either the topic in question, or naturally evolve the topic into a new one. The off-topic thread is exactly that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a separate thread for AFL talk to go with the OT thread is all that's needed. Footy talk can really take over and any other attempts at conversation gets easily lost.

And thats easily fixed by starting an AFL talk thread.

The Off topic and On topic threads work beautifully on this board IMO, cuts out a lot of not worth a thread threads..

I see pro's and con's. I get the idea as we have a nice community on the Football board away from the hustle and bustle of main stream BF. We're a tight knit group so having our own little off topic board with Movies, TV, Footy, music etc makes sense.

The current off topic thread does it pretty well though. So im either or.

I can see merits for both.

The off-topic thread does move fast sometimes but I feel having a whole sub-board would be wasted.

I can see merits for both.

The off-topic thread does move fast sometimes but I feel having a whole sub-board would be wasted.
The sub board is already wasted anyway but it's good to see the different views.

The poll is set up for a fortnight so we'll wait an see what the results come back with.

Cheat? I do believe you mean clever, my good man. Mr Neil himself has given due acknowledgement.

Well Darmo didn't do too well against Sanchez, I do wonder what England's Number 9 is going to do when United comeback to relive their darkest hour. (I'm still wondering if we're one of the reasons Di Maria and Van Persie no longer play. I'm sure there's many as well (like VP's injury), but United under Louie seemed to had changed after that game).

Hey Jatz , here is the first post for the Terrace Thread which i am about to create.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back