Potential for serious injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge and Lewis both got extra weeks this year for this mythical beast.

This thread is for all other players who are also cited by the MRP for 'potential to cause serious injury'.

All we want is consistency.

After the Lewis 'spoil', no other player has copped more than 1 week despite numerous similar incidents.

Just like the Rioli suspension (2 weeks in 2010) for 'attempted striking', which is apparently worse than actually hitting someone with minimal force.

Another rule that impacted Hawthorn that was never seen again.

P.S. I look forward to bumping this in 3 years time with no other occurrences

You asked for it, will happen to Unlucky Luke again this week.

Hodge and Lewis both got extra weeks this year for this mythical beast.

This thread is for all other players who are also cited by the MRP for 'potential to cause serious injury'.

All we want is consistency.

After the Lewis 'spoil', no other player has copped more than 1 week despite numerous similar incidents.

Just like the Rioli suspension (2 weeks in 2010) for 'attempted striking', which is apparently worse than actually hitting someone with minimal force.

Another rule that impacted Hawthorn that was never seen again.

P.S. I look forward to bumping this in 3 years time with no other occurrences
Hi Lingy.......

I notice it wasn't brought out for Silvagni's dog act.

Let's see how many times it is brought up in the next 3 years.

He got his just deserts, after the actual injury the next is a broken neck or worse! I myself said 5 and was surprised he only got 4.

You will never see me trying to defend something dirty like that, could you say the same???

I notice it wasn't brought out for Silvagni's dog act.

Let's see how many times it is brought up in the next 3 years.

Derp.

Why would you bring up "potential to cause injury" when there was enough impact to send Cripps off for the concussion test? What reason would there be to cite potential when there was actual injury? That's just dumb.

Derp.

Why would you bring up "potential to cause injury" when there was enough impact to send Cripps off for the concussion test? What reason would there be to cite potential when there was actual injury? That's just dumb.

Er, it's potential to cause serious injury.

Not just injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think its stupid to suspend a player for 2 weeks for attempted striking (i.e. missing).

Yet it is okay for someone to get off scott free after hitting someone with low force.

Not really. Didn't see the hit by Rioli but if it was a full on haymaker, that is worse even if he missed, compared with a small jumper punch that lands. I am not sure that any of the punches thrown by Lynch in the 2004 GF actually landed but he still got 6 weeks. I remember Dale Kickett getting about 7 weeks in a Derby for losing the plot as well even though I don't think many strikes actually hit the guy. I personally would like to see almost all punches get weeks, because it is just a s**t smartarse thing that has to stop, so the easiest thing to do to avoid weeks is to not try to punch people.

Has there been any incident this year other than Lewis and Hodge, that the 'potential to cause serious injury' was applied? I can't recall.
Selwood got loading for his tackle on the North player whose name escapes me

Regardless of the fact that Hawthorn is the team in question.

The whole potential for serious injury is a really hard thing to judge, because it is so subjective. You are really trying to guess a whole range of things that may or may not happen.

The whole potential for serious injury is a really hard thing to judge, because it is so subjective. You are really trying to guess a whole range of things that may or may not happen.

Fyfe off.... , And people on here are saying HODGE is the protected species :/

Yeh, that's what I thought too. Pretty sure it was just trotted out for Hodge.

Lewis' hit was pretty bloody late. 2 weeks was no surprise. Ziebell 1 week is probably about right.

What gets me is Hodge getting 3 weeks when Swallow didn't even have to leave the field, yet Buddy, Brown and Cooney only get a week for nearly TKO'ing blokes. Makes little sense.

Hodge incident with Swallow was disgraceful and ridiculously stupid- he is extremely lucky he didnt connect- thrusting forearm 'uppercut' to swallows throat/head- if he had have hit him flush swallow would likely end up in hospital and Hodge would likely end up in a court of law.

Hodge is a very lucky boy, who clearly has received the 'good bloke' rub a few times.

But, of course- it's a Hawk conspiracy

fair point- Hodge case fair enough- should also have been enacted for his incident on wingard- which imo had at least as great a likelihood for serious injury.

MRP are a joke and have loose rules that enable them to do what they want.

Hodge incident with Swallow was disgraceful and ridiculously stupid- he is extremely lucky he didnt connect- thrusting forearm 'uppercut' to swallows throat/head- if he had have hit him flush swallow would likely end up in hospital and Hodge would likely end up in a court of law.

Hodge is a very lucky boy, who clearly has received the 'good bloke' rub a few times.

But, of course- it's a Hawk conspiracy

Using your argument, it was 'possible' for Silvagni to have connected in a more forceful manner and decapitated Cripps.

The potential for serious injury card is nonsensical and appears to have only been used against Hawthorn players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back