Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they are mended, I heard recently that he caught up with some past players, which I thought those relationships were also affected.

I remember seeing an interview with him this year on seven, they discussed whole whiskers thing. Thought they brought up the club also.

So perhaps not all bad.
Yeah, I read an article about him, too- I don't think it sounded 100% fixed but the wound is starting to heal. And his wife/partner (?) is very supportive of the club, IIRC, and wanting the rift to close, for the sake of their children. That's the gist I got from what I remember of the article anyways.

Buddha definitely got hit by the ugly stick!!
ZAH_hocking_LW-20130912212730498754-620x349.jpg

He was a great player, no doubt about that. Courageous, committed, and never took a backward step. Right in the top echelon of Geelong players IMO.

The problem with his brother will probably keep him away from any role at the cattery, but it is at least a good thing he has taken his wife's advice and got over his own problems with the club.

Welcome back Buddha!

He was a great player, no doubt about that. Courageous, committed, and never took a backward step. Right in the top echelon of Geelong players IMO.

The problem with his brother will probably keep him away from any role at the cattery, but it is at least a good thing he has taken his wife's advice and got over his own problems with the club.

Welcome back Buddha!

I've never understood what the issue is between the two, but it's a shame.

And Buddha Hocking's son is running around in a SANFL U14s team and was chosen in their U14 representative team this year.

I'm starting to lick my chops at all this F/S talent coming through. The GFC has knocked back a couple of F/Ss recently- hope these young boys coming through in the next few years get a shot at playing in the hoops.

If Son of Buddha is anywhere near as good as his old man he would be a very handy player.
I thought that Hocking was the boiler room at Geelong in his day. A big call when you consider that Bairstow and Couch played in the same team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed - one of them is ironically making his debut AGAINST us this weekend.
it'd be good to see how he goes.

I think he was pretty much stuck in the middle of two teams anyway- living in Qld? and with the 100+ game father. The Cats had a look at him, decided he wasn't what they wanted and he's probably where he wanted to be in the first place. Hope he goes OK.

If Son of Buddha is anywhere near as good as his old man he would be a very handy player.
I thought that Hocking was the boiler room at Geelong in his day. A big call when you consider that Bairstow and Couch played in the same team.
Yeah, he was as tough as nails, as well as a hard worker, wasn't he? Sad that it all ended the way that he did and so many lost years of hating the club. (or, rather, what happened at the end of his time at the Cats)

I remember when they used to cook and sell hot, sugary, sticky jam donuts by the half-dozen in brown paper bags from vans outside the grounds.
I dont remember this but I liked it because it sounds wonderful

How old are Brad Sholls kids? I remember an article last year (in the age maybe) about all the potential father sons and his old man saying if they were good enough they would be wearing blue and white of the horizontal variety, have a feeling one was 15 last year...

I seriously can never remeber Sholl getting tackled, he seemed to evade them constantly... great player for us

EDIT: Turns out it was the Herald Sun and Sholls kids are young haha.... so I was a bit off
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ks-in-the-future/story-fni5f6yf-1226717999156

Last edited:
And Buddha Hocking's son is running around in a SANFL U14s team and was chosen in their U14 representative team this year.

I'm starting to lick my chops at all this F/S talent coming through. The GFC has knocked back a couple of F/Ss recently- hope these young boys coming through in the next few years get a shot at playing in the hoops.
We knocked back Jordon Bourke didn't we? Or did he choose to go to Brisbane as part of the academy? Ironically making his debut against us this week

We knocked back Jordon Bourke didn't we? Or did he choose to go to Brisbane as part of the academy? Ironically making his debut against us this week

from memory he came and trained with us and may have even played 1 or 2 vfl games...i just assume the cats didnt think he was up to it (could well be wrong).

My mates at Morningside gave him the thumbs down as an AFL player. And that was before Geelong cut him.

Some players improve in the right circumstances though.

This week anyway, I hope he's totally shithouse.

My mates at Morningside gave him the thumbs down as an AFL player. And that was before Geelong cut him.

Some players improve in the right circumstances though.

This week anyway, I hope he's totally shithouse.
I hope he's their best player.:D
Fred's on the right track- I'll have both of the above, please :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back