Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking of father sons the other day. Does anyone know how old Billy Brownless son is. Im thinking he might be 13-14 maybe. Is he any good. Any feedback on this.
Billys daughters look nothing like Bill and would have some of the new draftees sniffing around I'd imagine.. so maybe can help keep some interstate boys in Geelong... and then F/S down the track if any good..

I see Enrights wife's maiden name is Costa and she has a bit of a rough voice... any relation to our former beloved president does anyone know?

Is that a 2nd McCartney son ?
I think one played this year for the Falcons,alongside Harrison Kol.

Same one Jub. Both Locky McCartney and Harry Kol were underaged players for the Falcons this season.

I see Enrights wife's maiden name is Costa and she has a bit of a rough voice... any relation to our former beloved president does anyone know?

Nope, Renee is a local Geelong girl but she isn't related to Frank.

The closest we have to a F/S this year is Teia Miles (son of Geoff, who only played 20 games for Geelong though). His sister is also dating Mitch Duncan, so he's got close ties to the club. He'll be picked up in this year's draft though.

There's also Campbell Floyd, who is the nephew of Tom Floyd (played 47 games for us in the late 70's-early 80's, member of the 1981 reserves premiership team), and Patrick Bright, who is the nephew of Terry Bright. Both will be looking to get picked up this year's draft too, though I'd peg them as less likely than Miles.

The closest we have to a F/S this year is Teia Miles (son of Geoff, who only played 20 games for Geelong though). His sister is also dating Mitch Duncan, so he's got close ties to the club. He'll be picked up in this year's draft though.

There's also Campbell Floyd, who is the nephew of Tom Floyd (played 47 games for us in the late 70's-early 80's, member of the 1981 reserves premiership team), and Patrick Bright, who is the nephew of Terry Bright. Both will be looking to get picked up this year's draft too, though I'd peg them as less likely than Miles.

Miles looks quite good from his youtube highlights

He actually does, bit of Ballantyne and Colleyer? (Esssendon guy) about him
Fairly quick and doesn't mind throwing himself at the contest either.
We could do alot worse than pick him up.

I was thinking of father sons the other day. Does anyone know how old Billy Brownless son is. Im thinking he might be 13-14 maybe. Is he any good. Any feedback on this.
According to these stats, Oscar played U-16s this year. Just like his dad, he kicks a few goals.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...194787139&client=1-6160-80505-222541-17310707

and, according to these Q&A, he was 3 in Aug 2003, so that would make him about 14 now.

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=nrm&clsPage=1&docID=SAG030831HUARH5GNOJP

Is that a 2nd McCartney son ?
I think one played this year for the Falcons,alongside Harrison Kol.

Macca's sons are of no relevance to us at all, are they.
He never played a senior game for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's Michael,the happy one,not Nigel the grumblebum sons.
They were both my teachers in high school. Nigel was a complete campaigner, while Michael was a brilliant bloke. We also rented his house in 89, the year he won the Gardiner Medal.

Haven't seen Teia Miles since under 10s but he was a standout then. The other kid to watch is Darcy Parish, saw him under 16s and he was extraordinary.

Thanks for the info. Have you heard anything of Doug Wade's son Kingston?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back