Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Port may have one this year. Garry Haylock (played 150 games for Woodville and 54 games for WWT) has a son in the SA U18s squad this year - Ethan Haylock. Has racked up big numbers and is an elite runner.

I've always said you can never have enough Ethans.

2014 SANFL Academy
BEEP TEST – TOP FIVE
Caleb Daniel (South) 15-7
Ethan Haylock (Eagles) 15-3
Harry Vick (West) 15-0
Alex Neal-Bullen (Glenelg) 14-4
Jake Johansen (Port) 14-3

20M SPRINT – TOP FIVE

Oleg Markov (North) 2.92 seconds
Jack Elsworthy (Eagles) 2.96 seconds
Jack Donkersley (Glenelg) 2.97 seconds
Brett Turner (West) 2.97 seconds
Caleb Daniel (South) 2.99 seconds

3km TIME TRIAL – TOP FIVE

Billy Stretch (Glenelg) 10.01
Ethan Haylock (Eagles) 10.04
Harry Vick (West) 10.04
Alex Neal-Bullen 10.05
Caleb Daniel 10.09
2014 SANFL Academy

Port may have one this year. Garry Haylock (played 150 games for Woodville and 54 games for WWT) has a son in the SA U18s squad this year - Ethan Haylock. Has racked up big numbers and is an elite runner.

I'll believe it when Gillon McLachlan engages the pickle matrix and carries the one.

Byron Pickets son are in the paper today, as we launch a new Junior Indigenous membership.
They are 7 and 9 respectively.
Even if they aren't eligible for the father-son rule, getting them involved at this young age with the club could see them want to play for us one day like their old man.

Byron Pickets son are in the paper today, as we launch a new Junior Indigenous membership.
They are 7 and 9 respectively.
Even if they aren't eligible for the father-son rule, getting them involved at this young age with the club could see them want to play for us one day like their old man.

I had to go and check, I can't believe he played only 55 games for the Power. Over 100 for the Kangas. :(

3. Ethan Haylock (Woodville-West Torrens), Midfielder/Forward:
Eagle Ethan Haylock is a small midfielder who can push forward. He has a great running capacity, and continues to use it to find the football in the Macca’s Cup. He’s a fantastic user of the football by foot and he knows where the goals are when he drifts forward. The SA midfield is extremely talented, so it’s likely he’ll play up forward for long periods of time, but as a sub 180cm player Haylock will need to show creativity inside 50.

http://madmondayshow.com/2014/05/24/5-key-players-south-australia/

I presume Adelaide would elect to pick him up as a second rounder at the least, forcing us to take him then or miss out.

The father son system is excellent and prevents any of this sort of mischief from happening. We would only take him as a second rounder if we thought he was worth it. If we didn't - Adelaide would have to draft him with their second rounder in this scenario. If they don't rate him there, they're not gonna risk that just to screw with us.

His height and the fact that he's a fringe player for the SA team would likely see him a late pick.

The father son system is excellent and prevents any of this sort of mischief from happening. We would only take him as a second rounder if we thought he was worth it. If we didn't - Adelaide would have to draft him with their second rounder in this scenario. If they don't rate him there, they're not gonna risk that just to screw with us.

His height and the fact that he's a fringe player for the SA team would likely see him a late pick.

I think if they even slightly thought he was going to be any good, they would pick him up as the sheer 'we got him off port' mentality would give their supporters raging poles and call it a win, regardless of whether they need another sub 180cm player. They'd label it 'the best possible pick-up available' and the crowds would raise the recruiting team upon their shoulders and parade them around west lakes like they'd just kicked the winner.

I think if they even slightly thought he was going to be any good, they would pick him up as the sheer 'we got him off port' mentality would give their supporters raging poles and call it a win, regardless of whether they need another sub 180cm player. They'd label it 'the best possible pick-up available' and the crowds would raise the recruiting team upon their shoulders and parade them around west lakes like they'd just kicked the winner.

It would be announced on a Monday after a loss....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we could get haylock under the fs rules as his dad didn't record 200 games for a single club. I don't think we could count both club games together even though they are amalgamated.

Michael Pettigrew's sons will be jets, just to redress the balance.

And here are some highlights of michael's career. Hurr Durr Pettigruuu

40474.jpg
175098.jpg
44111.jpg
181131.jpg
181080.jpg

Not sure we could get haylock under the fs rules as his dad didn't record 200 games for a single club. I don't think we could count both club games together even though they are amalgamated.

He qualifies under continuity - they're the same club.

He definitely qualifies.

Hey Chris25 what are your thoughts on Ethan Haylock, is he good enough to be drafted?

Hope you don't mind me tagging you in here. And thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Maybe we shouldn't boo Shaun when he plays against us then... His kids maybe watching and may dislike us for booing their dad
Have you considered following a less competitive sport?

Lie%20Detector.jpg

Maybe we shouldn't boo Shaun when he plays against us then... His kids maybe watching and may dislike us for booing their dad
Anyone whoo boos a premiership player who grew up idolising PAFC isn't a true supporter in my opinion.

Shaun's decision to leave was a very complicated one. I was as devastated as the next person when he left, particularly with where the club was at, but still no reason to boo one of your own.

Consdiering his kids have a combination of Phillips/Burgoyne blood in them, fair chance they are gonna be guns...

I understand the rules and everything but it is a disgrace that Byron pickett's boys will be F/S to North Melbourne and not port.

Can't really complain. We could've chosen to list him in 1996 and didn't.

They did.

282553-port-premiership-heroes.jpg
How I remember Shaun. I would have booed him the first couple of times, but it should have died by now. We have too much to cheer about. Hopefully, there are some future Port players fathers, grandfathers, uncles and great grandfathers in this picture

With Shaun's kids growing up in Melbourne and their biggest and best football memories being of Shaun at Hawthorn...

...we're virtually no chance at getting them I'd say.

I understand the rules and everything but it is a disgrace that Byron pickett's boys will be F/S to North Melbourne and not port.
Disgrace? A real disgrace or, as is it used every second post on BigFooty, you have a very minor disagreement? If the first why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back