Powerhouse Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - another ruck and KPP and an "animal" inside mid would top us off nicely next year
We won't get all three I doubt, but the mid can be covered by Moore, Newton and Young developing.
The keys are the second ruckman and the big, high marking forward.
Lycett must be a priority.
In terms of the forward, I have few ideas as yet, but would expect us to draft one with whatever our first pick is, and also consider Jared Waite if he has any interest in finishing his career with two years at another club.

The arrival of Paddy Ryder has reinforced the Champion Data team's belief that Port is heading for powerhouse status.

Champion Data forecasts Port Adelaide powerhouse status
“Port is building a very complete list,’’ said Champion Data senior analyst Glenn Luff.

“Its biggest area of need was that second ruckman and third tall forward and getting Ryder solves both of those problems.

“They’ve got so much talent now and they are still young so they should be contending for at least the next five years.
Champion Data forecasts Port Adelaide powerhouse status

Didn't these idiots rate us the second worst list in the league just 2-3 years ago?

Yeah I remember something about having no 'A graders' according to the metrics.

That's the problem regarding these statistics-based ranking systems. They're completely reactive so they've got the predictive power of those faux gypsys on the late-night psychic hotline.

That's the problem regarding these statistics-based ranking systems. They're completely reactive so they've got the predictive power of those faux gypsys on the late-night psychic hotline.

Yep, 20/20 hindsight.

Didn't these idiots rate us the second worst list in the league just 2-3 years ago?

To be fair we were recruiting well but not developing the players.

We could have had the team of the century and still been considered blow fish.

While we are the subject of data and the official player ratings at end of 2014 are on the AFL website. Now from previous discussion I understand the "lag" nature of this data but can someone explain to me why Boak and Gray would have downward trend indicators (suggesting they have dropped positions) after the year they had whereas players such as Stevie J and Dangerfield held steady??

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings#

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we are the subject of data and the official player ratings at end of 2014 are on the AFL website. Now from previous discussion I understand the "lag" nature of this data but can someone explain to me why Boak and Gray would have downward trend indicators (suggesting they have dropped positions) after the year they had whereas players such as Stevie J and Dangerfield held steady??

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings#

It's only their ranking against other players that's gone down and even then, ever so slightly. For example, I think Kennedy and Boak have swapped places, Boak down one, Kennedy up one. Both Robbie and Trav's points actually increased this season.

I'm frightened.... I mean... have we even made space in the trophy cabinet for the 2015 premiership cup?
We are running out of room down at Alberton and it aint no joke! :D

In 2012 we were overflowing with early draft picks, it was just that we had just come off two injury-riddled years and coaches who didn't seem to know whether they were Arthur or Martha. Also a lot of the early picks were just coming into their best. We were just a step away from a good season, all we had to do was get our best team on the park. And when Melbourne opted for Toumpas over Jack Viney's mate Ollie Wines in the 2012 draft we were on our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back