Meet Up Pre-Game - Norf Drinks?

With the game at Etihad on the Friday night, would there be interest in arranging another pre-game drink/eat at something walking distance from Eitihad? We're in finals, we will have smashed the Pies and Dons by then, and we will be finally about to get some payback from those over rated toss bags from Arden Street.

Sounds like a good time for a drink or two for me :)

I'm happy to do the running on this one (re: organization) to give the mods a break during exam prep time, so if anyone is interested, post here so we can make a decision about what to do, and so on.

Why do you guys always org these at non MCG games ?

Just coincidence

Think it's more about when the game is (a 1-2pm start is hard to get a decent time in)

I'll bring Rod Stroker, we could all use a bit of a laugh before the game.

He will probably find out about this anyway, and stand outside in front of the window booing

Then he'll get his TAA bag, go down to the greyhounds, and lose his entire disability pension for the week by betting on a three legged dog called "boomer"

okay peeps, I'm looking to lock in details by weeks end, so to help with this:

1) thinking of making the booking from 5:30pm. Will mean those in the city can get their drink on straight after work, and others can come in as they can. As such, if you can only come in much later, no issue. We just need to have the table.

2) So far the Munich joint is the only suggestion. This is only a short walk to Etihad (I did it on crutches so any of you pussies can do it to!). I'll book their unless someone has an alternate suggestion

3) If you have a reserved seat, a coterie area, or are hooking up with mates/family at the game, no issue. The drinks is a pre-game thing only. If you want to split early or hook up with others, all good. Note however, if past drinks have been an indicator, you will have a bunch of blokes sitting in GA if thats what you want too.

If anyone has any specific issues or questions, send me a PM. Happy to do whats needed to help everyone who wants to get together.

Ideally I'd love for this board to start a semi regular pre-gamer during the season in 2016. Other boards have been doing it for a while now, and given we beat their arses at attendances, feralness, anti-bandwagon behaviour, and of course the ability to takes the lotion and rub it ons the skin, surely we can do this too. Anyone with any thoughts or ideas on how we can do this in 2016, happy to discuss further.

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Gee I hope whoever is coming to this one starts booking the seat's now because it will be a sell out. And yes he did it on crutches I couldn't believe what I was seeing at saints game rfc on 2 crutches going up this massive steps to top floor with 2 beers one each hand unreal:D

Back