Pre-Season 12/13

Remove this Banner Ad

Monbulk's practice match, against Ormond Amateurs on April 6th, has been scheduled by the Hawks as a benefit match for Monbulk legend Josh Hellema and his young family following the tragic death of Natalie last year.
Natalie lost a long fight with Crohn's disease only 10 months after the family had moved to Tasmania, which has left Josh & family in dire circumstances. Josh now has to care for their three young girls and son (aged 6-12). He has been able to find part-time work after relocating to Monbulk, but the family remains in great need. As sole parent of the four children, Josh needs our help to provide a home and education for the children who are struggling without the support, love and guidance of Natalie.
Your support can help with the education and care for the children. There is no entry fee to the game, but a gold coin donation to the volunteers on the gate, or contributing to any other fund-raising activity during the day, will be a huge help to Josh and the children.
Many of you will remember Josh as a brilliant defender during Monbulk's golden era. He was inducted into the coveted Hall of Fame at Monbulk after a stellar career where he earned the admiration of football fans across the whole region.
If you would like to help, but will not be able to get to the game, you can make a donation to the Josh Hellema Fund that is administered by Josh and Natalie's family.
Direct transfer information.
M. VAN ROSSEN & P. VAN WEEGHEL
BSB nr: 013223
ACCOUNT Nr: 206832021

A few changes in the maggots. one is shopping himself around the local leagues but no byers coz his rep got around ahead of him.
hes covering more ground than all the 50's he gave last year.

YVMDFNL Local Footy Tipping - Community Bank Footy Tipping 2013

Click on the Community Bank Footy Tipping Link on www.yvmdfl.com.au

You are tipping local matches... Let your mates / members know...

First Prize $500.00 account with a Community BranchBendigo Bank of your choice.

Second Prize $250.00 account with a Bendigo Bank of your choice.
Third Prize $125.00 account with a Bendigo Bank of your choice.
Fourth Prize a Sherrin KB Match football.
Random Prizes also awarded during the year.

You have to join.... Click on the Community Bank Footy Tipping Link on www.yvmdfl.com.au

You will need to be registered for an SP Passport Account. When you click on the Footy Tipping link you will be asked to either Register or Login (If you already have an account)

Hi guys, due to a last minute cancellation SILVAN U19s are looking for a praccy match for Saturday the 6th. Our ground is available for a 10am start. I don't fancy our chances, but it's worth a shot. Please ring Chris on 0416091585 if intrested,
Cheers

Congratulations to the Monbulk community for their help for Josh Hellema and his kids on Saturday.
Also, the strong support from Ormond Amateurs was a highlight of the day. Well done, Ormond AFC! :thumbsu:
The kids will benefit from the generosity of all at the game, but the work is not over.
Josh will need continuing support, so donations can be made at the bar and canteen in the Log Cabin, while Julia is organising a hamper for donated goods, clothing, etc, which will allow those unable to get to the game to make a contribution. All welcome and very much needed!
Josh was humbled by the support and greatly appreciated the efforts of the clubs.

Woori toyed with Seville.

Emerald smashed Ashwood.

Gembrook flogged Traralgon by 10 goals. Their full forward had 6 at half time and then had a a shower and a beer, which suggests the brookers have kept a lid on it very well. By all accounts they looked VERY strong.

I like the idea of the 4 man bench, albeit only for Div 1. Not sure I like the introduction of the below the knees contact rule, too grey for mine and will be the cause of many contentious decisions.

I am also concerned with the demise of 6 u/18 teams across both divisions. It concerns me for numerous reasons, with the main being the longevity of some very historic clubs in future years. Without the local kids coming through, there becomes a higher financial strain on clubs in a time when things are VERY tight for most clubs.

All the best to everyone for Round 1 and hopefully your team gets a win!

I get the impression no one gives two $hit$ about much Div.2 talk round here, but after reading about Kinglake in the Sun the weekend before last I was rapt to take my side (Kilmore) up there last Friday night for their final practice match.

I reckon there was close to 40 guys roll up which must've been pleasing for Luke Nott and the club, here's hoping it turns into solid numbers on the track this week and into the season.

For the record though, I'll be hoping my old club Yea get the choccies this Saturday evening when the two clubs meet to kick the year off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back