Pre-season 2014/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the comparison photos.
Thanks for the photos ... Lee definitely appears thicker especially through the waist, what position(s) is he working for? Had a little squizz around not much on him apart from injuries and what not. His body shape would make him ideal through the mid's, that's if he can use it though?

Thanks for the photos ... Lee definitely appears thicker especially through the waist, what position(s) is he working for? Had a little squizz around not much on him apart from injuries and what not. His body shape would make him ideal through the mid's, that's if he can use it though?
Key forward/3rd tall.

Not a midfielder's bootlace.

Anyone know why all of a sudden this year people are doing 2km instead of 3?
Budget cuts. That extra km had to go.
We have also got the players on a diet of 1 minute noodles
( much cheaper than the fancy 2 minute variety)

He is a gunston type 3rd tall. If he can get his body right he has shown he can really be damn damaging when he is backing up the key forwards.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ayers-run-personal-bests-20141220-12bej9.html

Old and new, St Kilda players run personal bests

For second-year, high-performance coach and former Olympian Adam Basil, the results are extremely pleasing. "I guess from our perspective it shows that the players have bought into the program and obviously you understand that it just boils down to hard work to achieve the results," Basil said on Saturday.

Basil also made special mention of younger Saints Jack Newnes, Eli Templeton, Jack Billings, Tom Lee and Daniel Markworth, all of whom had impressed.

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-20/no-limits-for-young-saints

The body language and the demeanour in the above video is a good example of the attitude and intensity that Richardson and co are trying to implement. Really big fan of Richardson - yes unproven - but I just a good feeling about this guy. Happy days if you ask me :)

You seem to have a strong interest in the Saints. You might find this link interesting: http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/browse.php

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ayers-run-personal-bests-20141220-12bej9.html

Old and new, St Kilda players run personal bests

For second-year, high-performance coach and former Olympian Adam Basil, the results are extremely pleasing. "I guess from our perspective it shows that the players have bought into the program and obviously you understand that it just boils down to hard work to achieve the results," Basil said on Saturday.

Basil also made special mention of younger Saints Jack Newnes, Eli Templeton, Jack Billings, Tom Lee and Daniel Markworth, all of whom had impressed.

Of the names in the article, I expect to see Elite, Jack x2 and Markworth mentioned when discussing fitness levels. What I'm ecstatic about is that Tom Lee is there being discussed too, I look forward to him fulfilling some potential.

That article pieces a few things together imo such as Bruce up fwd and Goddard down back.

I still don't know how Lee, White, McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Rooey and resting ruck will take shape - obviously not all at once...

Of the names in the article, I expect to see Elite, Jack x2 and Markworth mentioned when discussing fitness levels. What I'm ecstatic about is that Tom Lee is there being discussed too, I look forward to him fulfilling some potential.

That article pieces a few things together imo such as Bruce up fwd and Goddard down back.

I still don't know how Lee, White, McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Rooey and resting ruck will take shape - obviously not all at once...

+1

Theyll do both 3km & 2km trials during the preseason.

Funny, we used to do 2km as our baseline in the sport I played, and they would make us run 4km in early preseason in order to build up a big base then focus the training. Rather than start us with the shorter distance and build tank.

Both of the clubs best runners, Geary & Dempster didn't run. Perhaps they pulled up a little sore after the camp.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Richo/Basil allowed them time out. Its really important to let vet players who know their body, the opportunity to have a bit of rest here or there. There's absolutely nothing really to be gained from Geary or Dempster to run a 2k. Geary probably run 10 every day, and Dempster is unlikely to get any faster at this point in his career - tank is not the issue with either of them so no need to push them on it.

I do think the stories of people putting on weight, being in gym etc are mostly waffle. Over the years I'd say it's about 50/50 on there being any obvious improvement.

But I also agree with Unc, he'd have been handy and suited us.
However we didn't have the list space. In hindsight giving Simpkin his deal might not have been so clever, but there wasn't much complaining at the time.

I do think the stories of people putting on weight, being in gym etc are mostly waffle. Over the years I'd say it's about 50/50 on there being any obvious improvement.

But I also agree with Unc, he'd have been handy and suited us.
However we didn't have the list space. In hindsight giving Simpkin his deal might not have been so clever, but there wasn't much complaining at the time.
Yup. Love TS, but not really sure what the rationale was there...

It's easy now to say why did we re-sign Simpkin but at the time we had no key defenders, zero depth and Gilbert and Fisher spending a lot of time on the sidelines. We needed some cover even if Simpkin playing key defense meant someone else didn't.

It's easy now to say why did we re-sign Simpkin but at the time we had no key defenders, zero depth and Gilbert and Fisher spending a lot of time on the sidelines. We needed some cover even if Simpkin playing key defense meant someone else didn't.

Thats what I said - in hindsight it seems strange to have given him 2 years. It meant we didn't have a list spot to use on another KPD option. We found ourselves in the unfortunate position of having numerous players not tall/strong/savvy enough to do it, with Gwilt, Roberton, Dempster and Simpkin all struggling manfully. And Bruce playing forward a bit.

But at the point in time the deal was done, they probably viewed him as KPD backup, and didn't feel like giving up anything to recruit another C-grade backup KPD for depth when they had one already in the club they could just offer an extension to. But 2 years I still struggle with. I doubt anyone else was gonna get in his ear.

great post and even if we did see him as s**t, you cant turn the list over in one go. you need to stagger it, so youre not put in the position of culling too many kids

Lee could potentially play defence.

Not ideal, but at least he offers depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back