Richmond
Because i'm bored and all the lawns are done here is my Rnd 1 nab cup:
B:Morris,Astbury,Broad.
HB:ManRWeDue,Elton,Hunt.
C:Markov,Lambert,McIntosh
HF:Butler,Griffiths,Lloyd.
F:McBean,Mckenzie,Short.
R:Vickery,Conca,C.Ellis
I/C:Costagna,Marcon,Townsend,A.Moore,C.Moore.
Usually I think it's the 2nd game more of the wannabes get a run. So my guess would be many of those wont get a run game 1. Although how many on a team?...especially for WA?
Cotch, Rance, Dusty, Jack will all play IMO.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Usually I think it's the 2nd game more of the wannabes get a run. So my guess would be many of those wont get a run game 1. Although how many on a team?...especially for WA?
Cotch, Rance, Dusty, Jack will all play IMO.
Rance maybe as he may want to go back to WA to visit family, plus he had a shorter preseason, but as for the rest I doubt we'll see them week 1 of the NAB
They'll play a very young squad for Round 1, then start bringing the senior players into the side for weeks 2 & 3

I thought we were gonna play our full side from nob cup rd 1 this year, cos they played 1 nab game in the past 3 years for bad regular season starts and 3 elim finals exits in a row.

pretty sure I read this somewhere, that we were gonna play our experienced side from nob 1 this year..... god forbid, we might actally win a few early games in the season proper if we did this :drunk:

I thought we were gonna play our full side from nob cup rd 1 this year, cos they played 1 nab game in the past 3 years for bad regular season starts and 3 elim finals exits in a row.

pretty sure I read this somewhere, that we were gonna play our experienced side from nob 1 this year..... god forbid, we might actally win a few early games in the season proper if we did this :drunk:

Or get injuries

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
personally for nab 1 and 2 i would like to see a decent balance between our better players and juniors.Get enough good players around the juniors and give them a chance to shine rather than just throwing a whole pile of them to the wolves and when they inevitably struggle have an excuse to not play them.
I would also like to see some of our running players in particular tried in different roles.McIntosh of hb, Vlastuin as a mid Houli on a wing and so forth.

Out of our more "senior" players I want to see Conca, Griff, Astbury, Moore, McIntosh and Lloyd play. Townsend, rioli, butler, short, Markov, broad, McKenzie, mcbean should all play too

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
His best in all likelyhood will be good enough. He has never shown the attributes of a top 10 pick hence the constant criticisms. We have only ever had at best a decent player in conca. To me thats okay if he becomes a decent player. I dont have angst at Conca he never selected himself in the draft. To a lot of people though it was patently clear he should not have been taken where he was, for that Jackson needs to put his hand up.
If people think we have a potential A grade player on our hands they need only look at the weaknesses in his game to know otherwise.
Imo he has shown top 10 attributes, but we just haven't seen enough of them due to various reasons.

Back