Mega Thread General Pre-Season Discussion, News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neale Balme poached by Collingwood from Geelong, lets hope Geelong get proper compensation from that dog Eddie

No doubt Eddie will be asking Geelong for compensation.....

Wasn't Balme previously at the Pies in some sort of management capacity?
Just shuffling the chairs on the titanic at Pie land these days?

Wasn't Balme previously at the Pies in some sort of management capacity?
Yep and it ended badly.

There was a Collingwood camp on the Gold coast that resulted in punch ups, pissing off high rise balconies etc and fat Ed publicly put the blame on Balme for not keeping a bunch of adult players in line.

Must be very healthy $$$s for him to leave Geelong and return to Ed.

Professional by Geelong though.
Another guy (Steve Hocking) immediately moved into Balme's role and no histrionics.

Last edited:
It is immensely satisfying to see 'Club Fathead' slowly withering away into irrelevance:D. But not satisfying to see the results of Eddies jealousy, hatred and vindictiveness:mad:. The Law of Karma should have done us all a favour by now and we wouldn't even be talking about him(except in eulogies!), but alas he still exists.....:rolleyes:

The kook-aid is strong at that club.

But thats what happens when Hird knowingly works his "hero worship" to his advantage so that he is more powerful than the Club President. He knows they can't and won't sack him until a player is found guilty, thus all the delays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a good look is it? Basically the SANFL wants to get compensated for losing the Magpies & having to include the 2 AFL feeder teams instead. I can't believe there wasn't more uproar about one of countries oldest clubs getting replaced. Such a proud passionate supporter base, all told "but you get Port Power".

I suspect Port was always going to have a loss given where they were a few years ago. New sponsors have only just gotten on board & the absorbtion of the additional memberships, ticket, corporate $$ etc would have been rapid in any event.

The deal isn't ideal though but has been renegotiated as far as Im aware. I remember hearing a few rounds in that the cleaning bill was HUUUGGEE compared to other AFL events & that was knocked on the head early. At the ashes when it first got a good run there was a staff memver every few steps just about. Massive overkill. Think thaysts been adjusted as time has gone on to a more efficient level.

Still working it out the new deal after 6 months. SANFL are all about "game development" and yet their clubs in the SANFL are dying and the AFL clubs can't post a profit at the new promised land. Adelaide will barely post a profit this year which makes you think if they can't post a profit this year then Port never will.

At every stage externals (and Hird initially) happily talked about James magnanimously throwing himself on his sword. But they never really thought it would ever happen. And now that suspensions will happen I'm sure Hird will choose to forget he ever offered to do it in the first place.

FWIW I have a contact very close to the action (this person was thinking of offering to join the board last year if needed. Didn't happen but is a true believer and a lovely bloke and bleeds red and black) and all I hear from that source - last talked on GF weekend - is that the inner circle still regard Hird as hard done by and the club has his back.

I prefer not to cast judgements. But it tells me this will just go on and on and round and round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back