Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I've got some time off in the next few weeks and wouldn't mind heading down to Lakeside Oval for peek at off-season training for one morning while I'm in the area.

Anyone know of a link to the Swans off-season training schedule?

i've never seen anything. I need to head out east sometime next week, so I wouldn't mind finding out myself.

Mennon

Debutant
Nov 28, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
In the clip on the website Hanners looked trim. A lot better than last year. Look for a Jetta fadeout this year. Unless his effort improves we can't play him, especially with Malcheski gone. Like every year I'm looking forward to watching Kennedy transform into a manimal during the pre-seaon. You would hope that all of them ALL OF THEM have a ton of pain to draw on when things get tough, be it January 2015 or September 2015. Hawks did it after 2012, I just hope we have the character to do it. I thought so, but like everyone else, the Grand Final showed me a few things I didn't want to see or believe.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
In the clip on the website Hanners looked trim. A lot better than last year. Look for a Jetta fadeout this year. Unless his effort improves we can't play him, especially with Malcheski gone. Like every year I'm looking forward to watching Kennedy transform into a manimal during the pre-seaon. You would hope that all of them ALL OF THEM have a ton of pain to draw on when things get tough, be it January 2015 or September 2015. Hawks did it after 2012, I just hope we have the character to do it. I thought so, but like everyone else, the Grand Final showed me a few things I didn't want to see or believe.
I don't get it what the hell is up with Jetta?

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
No what I mean is why does he have this type of attitude? Like 'i don't give a s**t about anything'.

Jetta ran an 8.10 beep test on a reality show recently. Only signed a two year deal, has made indications he would like to play in WA at some point. Couple of young kids at home.

Some people think the writing is on the wall and are pissed that his form never continued after 2012.
And his trade value has plummeted.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
Jetta ran an 8.10 beep test on a reality show recently. Only signed a two year deal, has made indications he would like to play in WA at some point. Couple of young kids at home.

Some people think the writing is on the wall and are pissed that his form never continued after 2012.
And his trade value has plummeted.
well if that's true then he can * off back to the west. This attitude is piss weak.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Christ almighty.

His grand final was horrendous but his year is being blown waaaaaaay out of proportion now to me. Despite not being as visible and electifying as in 2012, he was playing a more responsible role predicated on delivering the ball out of stoppages. He really wasn't that bad all year, he was quite solid.

And now judging him for how well he ran on a reality tv show? Really? And giving him s**t for supposedly wanting to go home to WA after signing an extension to stay in Sydney? Give me a ******* break.

Try not to be too slow in turning into a pitchfork-toting lynch mob will you.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
Christ almighty.

His grand final was horrendous but his year is being blown waaaaaaay out of proportion now to me. Despite not being as visible and electifying as in 2012, he was playing a more responsible role predicated on delivering the ball out of stoppages. He really wasn't that bad all year, he was quite solid.

And now judging him for how well he ran on a reality tv show? Really? And giving him s**t for supposedly wanting to go home to WA after signing an extension to stay in Sydney? Give me a ******* break.

Try not to be too slow in turning into a pitchfork-toting lynch mob will you.
I don't want to hate him and I'll be honest I haven't been to the team's training sessions, but if I am right, there was a post about him not putting in the hard yards at training albeit early on in the preseason. If all the things people say about Jetta is true then what the hell is his problem? This isn't a judgement just based on the Reality TV show or his GF performance for which btw I don't even blame him for - the whole team played absolute shite. All I am saying is if this attitude is here to stay then there's no need for us to keep playing him because it simply isn't good enough.

P.S. If he wants to go to W.A. I respect that; it is his right to want to, but if this poor outings are due to this then well he deserves all the pitchforks that are here.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't want to hate him and I'll be honest I haven't been to the team's training sessions, but if I am right, there was a post about him not putting in the hard yards at training albeit early on in the preseason. If all the things people say about Jetta is true then what the hell is his problem? This isn't a judgement just based on the Reality TV show or his GF performance for which btw I don't even blame him for - the whole team played absolute shite. All I am saying is if this attitude is here to stay then there's no need for us to keep playing him because it simply isn't good enough.

P.S. If he wants to go to W.A. I respect that; it is his right to want to, but if this poor outings are due to this then well he deserves all the pitchforks that are here.

You have a point, but I think for now it's best we move on from talking about Jetta's GF performance, at least until we've seen him kick a ball in anger. It's not going to do anyone any good by bringing it up again, especially when it's the same old arguments each time (the reason why I locked the other thread).

Haven't seen anything on the Swans site (albeit didn't look too hard) but any word on who is impressing this pre-season thus far?
Can we award the Ed Barlow medal for whoever does the best in pre-season without having any chance of being a competent footballer?

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Christ almighty.

I didn't mind him this year, and thought he did reasonably well. He was a good user of the ball, but didn't have an enormous impact on games. The GF I don't care about. Half the team were as bad as he was without the concussion.

My only concern is he doesn't seem to be building much of a tank, which is probably the simplest thing to improve. He was at the back of the pack in all running drills and time trials when he got here, and he still is 4 years later (at least, that's where he is any time there's footage of training). You don't expect him to be up there with Hannebery/Rampe/the other good runners, but he should be at least keeping up with the KP blokes. He's beyond the point where he needs to have one of the better trainers put a rocket up him in pre-season, like happened with Jack in 2012.

Haven't seen anything on the Swans site (albeit didn't look too hard) but any word on who is impressing this pre-season thus far?

They will all be "keen for atonement".

They will all have wiped the "memory of the loss" from the skull as this is a "new season and new opportunity" becasue you "can't change the past".

Everyone's "niggles" will feel great.

The young kids will "inject enthusiasm" in "us old guys".

The "old guys" will inject "professionalism" in the young kids and "show them what it takes to play AFL".

Player "XYZ" will be good to go round 1 whilst not being seen on the track.

Young player "ABC" will be a "smoky" for round 1 and delisted in 11 months.

The squad, as a general rule, will be "ripping up the track" and "training the house" down.

I think I covered the major food groups :)

All I hope is someone shows the midfield coaches the exciting instructional videos entitled "How To Not Get Smashed In General" and "Don't Just Kick The Ball As Far You Can In Buddy's General Direction".

PS I am just so happy Perris appears to be going well after his knee last year.

They will all be "keen for atonement".

They will all have wiped the "memory of the loss" from the skull as this is a "new season and new opportunity" becasue you "can't change the past".

Everyone's "niggles" will feel great.

The young kids will "inject enthusiasm" in "us old guys".

The "old guys" will inject "professionalism" in the young kids and "show them what it takes to play AFL".

Player "XYZ" will be good to go round 1 whilst not being seen on the track.

Young player "ABC" will be a "smoky" for round 1 and delisted in 11 months.

The squad, as a general rule, will be "ripping up the track" and "training the house" down.

I think I covered the major food groups :)

All I hope is someone shows the midfield coaches the exciting instructional videos entitled "How To Not Get Smashed In General" and "Don't Just Kick The Ball As Far You Can In Buddy's General Direction".

PS I am just so happy Perris appears to be going well after his knee last year.
It's "the best they've ever felt" or "ahead of schedule (in recovery)"... At the end of the day I just want the club to integrate the kids and work on building the relationships, patterns & structures. I couldn't care id Jetta can't outrun Derickx, as long as he has an impact in games and plays his role I trust the coaches to use him to his strengths and to the disadvantage of our opposition.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Social media fail from GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back