Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Training report forwarded to me:

Gibbs was there, as was Warnock who both reportedly missed Monday’s session. The only two who weren’t out there were Jaksch and Giles, which we knew about. Given it’s November, that’s the most important thing so some very good news on that front.

In terms of individuals, the following weren’t in the main training session and were doing either running drills or reflex drills, in some cases both: Hendo (w/ scooter), Yarran, Holman, Bell, Carrazzo, Walker, Ellard, Russell, Whiley, Docherty, Byrne. Doc in particular looks to have bulked up, and seemed to do more running than the rest, whether by directive or not I’ve got no clue.

It was a weird but wonderful sight seeing the number 8 not only out there, but being in the condition he’s in. Kreuz has definitely slimmed down, and his running patterns in particular were very impressive. I would’ve excused him if he had a slow start to the pre-season training block but it seems like he’s determined to put in a full pre-season and then some.

Didn’t attend any training sessions last year, so this was my first in two seasons. The one major difference: the voice. It was almost like there was a different team out there compared to 2013. I’ve been a critic of our lack of extroverts in the past but I’ve got to say this was completely different. The young guys were apparently full of voice on Monday, the whole group was vocal today. From the get go Bell (even in the mini-group) and Jamo were loud, and the whole playing group followed suit.

Menz knows how good he is. He knows how good his left peg is. So, today, he decided to just use his right foot and not miss a target.

Along with the full-ground drill and the repeat sprints, seemed to be a fair bit of in-tight, contested ball work. Made it a bit hard to figure out who was who for the most part.

Matthew [REDACTED] looks much bigger than I expected, pardon the pun. He and Russell were a bit fumbly, but since it’s November I understand why.

Whiley looked a little nervous to start off with, too. It seemed like Bucks made it his mission to get around to everyone, especially Whiley early on. Can’t help but love SOJ.

I watched him a few times this year, and I’m not sure if it was a case of just being far away, but Jones looks to have put on a fair bit of size since being at the Dogs. His running patterns were good and his kicking not shabby either, in a full-ground kicking drill. Ball movement looked pretty good given the very early stage of pre-season.

Bar one kick on his wrong foot in said drill, Watson didn’t put a foot wrong. He’s impressed me with his pre-seasons to date and today was no exception. Looks to be a lot bigger: whether it’s a case of him thinking the writing is on the wall I’m not sure, but couldn’t fault the workrate he had today nor the amount of work he seems to have put in during the break. His repeat running drills towards the end of the session were very good.

Along with the full-ground drill and the repeat sprints, seemed to be a fair bit of in-tight, contested ball work. Made it a bit hard to figure out who was who for the most part.

Daisy looks extremely fit. He broke off with Jamo and Gussy towards the end of the session for running drills before heading inside. After what was written on Monday about a possible injury, was noteworthy that Buttifant asked I’m-not-sure-who whether Daisy was ok: response was that he was all good.

Crippa looks raring to go, even at this early stage, as does Graham. Cripps look to have filled out a bit more and his running patterns were tested towards the end, being put in a group with Graham, Murphy and Curnow: three of our best runners I’d say. They beat him to the finish, but he wasn’t very far off.

Judd looks to be in the best nick I’ve seen him in for a couple of years, as THAT photo would suggest. More so, he looks as relaxed as I’ve ever seen him. Seemed to be loving it out there.

Rowe was blowing a bit towards the end. Was trailing his running group towards the end and seemed to be feeling it more than most.

Training report forwarded to me:

Gibbs was there, as was Warnock who both reportedly missed Monday’s session. The only two who weren’t out there were Jaksch and Giles, which we knew about. Given it’s November, that’s the most important thing so some very good news on that front.

In terms of individuals, the following weren’t in the main training session and were doing either running drills or reflex drills, in some cases both: Hendo (w/ scooter), Yarran, Holman, Bell, Carrazzo, Walker, Ellard, Russell, Whiley, Docherty, Byrne. Doc in particular looks to have bulked up, and seemed to do more running than the rest, whether by directive or not I’ve got no clue.

It was a weird but wonderful sight seeing the number 8 not only out there, but being in the condition he’s in. Kreuz has definitely slimmed down, and his running patterns in particular were very impressive. I would’ve excused him if he had a slow start to the pre-season training block but it seems like he’s determined to put in a full pre-season and then some.

Didn’t attend any training sessions last year, so this was my first in two seasons. The one major difference: the voice. It was almost like there was a different team out there compared to 2013. I’ve been a critic of our lack of extroverts in the past but I’ve got to say this was completely different. The young guys were apparently full of voice on Monday, the whole group was vocal today. From the get go Bell (even in the mini-group) and Jamo were loud, and the whole playing group followed suit.

Menz knows how good he is. He knows how good his left peg is. So, today, he decided to just use his right foot and not miss a target.

Matthew [REDACTED] looks much bigger than I expected, pardon the pun. He and Russell were a bit fumbly, but since it’s November I understand why.

Whiley looked a little nervous to start off with, too. It seemed like Bucks made it his mission to get around to everyone, especially Whiley early on. Can’t help but love SOJ.

I watched him a few times this year, and I’m not sure if it was a case of just being far away, but Jones looks to have put on a fair bit of size since being at the Dogs. His running patterns were good and his kicking not shabby either, in a full-ground kicking drill. Ball movement looked pretty good given the very early stage of pre-season.

Bar one kick on his wrong foot in said drill, Watson didn’t put a foot wrong. He’s impressed me with his pre-seasons to date and today was no exception. Looks to be a lot bigger: whether it’s a case of him thinking the writing is on the wall I’m not sure, but couldn’t fault the workrate he had today nor the amount of work he seems to have put in during the break. His repeat running drills towards the end of the session were very good.

Daisy looks extremely fit. He broke off with Jamo and Gussy towards the end of the session for running drills before heading inside. After what was written on Monday about a possible injury, was noteworthy that Buttifant asked I’m-not-sure-who whether Daisy was ok: response was that he was all good.

Crippa looks raring to go, even at this early stage, as does Graham. Cripps look to have filled out a bit more and his running patterns were tested towards the end, being put in a group with Graham, Murphy and Curnow: three of our best runners I’d say. They beat him to the finish, but he wasn’t very far off.

Judd looks to be in the best nick I’ve seen him in for a couple of years, as THAT photo would suggest. More so, he looks as relaxed as I’ve ever seen him. Seemed to be loving it out there.

Rowe was blowing a bit towards the end. Was trailing his running group towards the end and seemed to be feeling it more than most.
I'm really trying to not fall for the usual November premiers syndrome but it's hard not to get excited by the reports coming out of the club at the moment.

Thanks for this Zee.

Seperately - there is an OPEN TRAINING session on Saturday 29th @ Visy @ 9am and @ 10am the Guernsey that won the vote will be revealed.

I'm really trying to not fall for the usual November premiers syndrome but it's hard not to get excited by the reports coming out of the club at the moment.

Thanks for this Zee.

Seperately - there is an OPEN TRAINING session on Saturday 29th @ Visy @ 9am and @ 10am the Guernsey that won the vote will be revealed.

Heritage guernsey! ;)

Thanks for this Zee.

The day of the election? Well planned CFC...

Thanks for this Zee.

I will be there for sure!

354133-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Best Kreuger has looked.............ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite common for football clubs (even local footy) to instruct left-footers to only use opposite foot for a training session as left-footers are usually so one-sided.

Very true frumpy. But less common to see said left footer highly proficient on non-preferred...

On a related note, I wonder if simmo is so slim from all the circle work involved in constantly swinging around to his left....

Thanks for the heads up etsal1 ...
Can't wait to get to headquarters again to kick start another year !!

Just another heads-up in that Saturdays have usually been just a little bit of a weekly cool down.

It's the one day that most people can get to but unfortunately the day least likely in really showing up much from the boys.

Just another heads-up in that Saturdays have usually been just a little bit of a weekly cool down.

It's the one day that most people can get to but unfortunately the day least likely in really showing up much from the boys.

Cheers Harker
As you say , Saturday's are the only day i can attend .
Guess beggars can't be choosers so i'll be there and fingers crossed its a sharp session !!

Cheers Harker
As you say , Saturday's are the only day i can attend .
Guess beggars can't be choosers so i'll be there and fingers crossed its a sharp session !!

It may change this year and some Saturdays have been O.K. where skills drills are concerned but I've just found the training I get the most from, is where body contact comes into play.

Kicking the ball neatly around the ground is nice but I'm looking forward to Cripps, Holman and Whiley smash bodies.........even if they are our own.

Anyway Saturdays are often for attaining signatures...............and the kids just love that. :)

It may change this year and some Saturdays have been O.K. where skills drills are concerned but I've just found the training I get the most from, is where body contact comes into play.

Kicking the ball neatly around the ground is nice but I'm looking forward to Cripps, Holman and Whiley smash bodies.........even if they are our own.

Anyway Saturdays are often for attaining signatures...............and the kids just love that. :)

Well I'm a wee bit old for signatures these days but I'd be more than happy to make an exception for Treloar's mark about this time next year ...

Agreed it's been too long since Carlton have fielded a physically and mentally , strong/aggressive team .
Can definitely see a change in the list build to correct this ... working to a plan and far more balanced with emphasis on the right types .

Thanks Harks - just excited to get the chance to go out to Visy Park to see the boys
MEB_, think we should take the footy with us as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back