Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Deep Blue

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2007
The Como Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Absolutely no reason to be and DVR will get his development across half-back and around the wings.
At this stage of things he has some plenty of time to get his name up along the likes of Docherty, Sheehan, Tuohy, Buckley, Yarran etc.

Boekhorst was drafted as a specific need and Smith may see some action for being something we may be lacking in.

DVR will be right.........................he's a good one.......................and that left leg...............:eek:

Agree - DVR looks the goods (maybe our Suckling one day?), however like a lot of the draftees from last year, apart from perhaps the more mature Boekhorst, they need to be given time to find their feet (NAB Cup and VFL) before we throw them into the deep end, especially considering our depth is now looking quite good; it's rare for a player to make a big impact in their first year. Some first year draftees at St Kilda et al. will see a fair bit of senior side game time due to their lack of depth but we don't need to go down this track. This year is more about young (newish) players with a year or more in the system at CFC like Docherty, Menzel, Buckley, Sheehan, Cripps, Graham, and even Byrne and Holman, stepping it up and showing more than they did last year, with several of those mentioned perhaps securing positions in the senior side (pity about young Giles - delayed a year). What makes it really exciting though is that we have several youngish promising players traded into CFC such as Wiley, Jones, Dick, Tutt and Jaksch who can certainly impact in 2015. The 2015 draftees are the cherry on top - Boekhorst, Smith, DVR et al. - Boekhorst will likely get game time at least early in the year and some of the others may get short cameos depending on how we go with injury and managing/resting some players.

Good times ahead!!!

Last edited:

Deep Blue

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2007
The Como Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
View attachment 109636
View attachment 109637

So Sheehan is taller, yet weighs the same as Fraser Russell?

I'm not sure whether the same type jokes permeate through all of the clubs' websites but it's really so unprofessional.

Who inputs this data.................View attachment 109638

Yeah, I noticed that - Sheehan is closer to 90kg in my book - my guess is 92kg! I'm the same height as Sheehan - unfit (can do 40 push-ups though!!!) and heavy (fat?) build - was athletic build but got covered in a layer of fat! I weigh 114kg, so can't possibly see how Sheehan weighs 80kg when muscle weighs more than fat!

Don't trust AFL height and weight stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluejob

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
B-A5UMSCMAI7Wj8.jpg:large

I am willing to bet Tommy has no ****ing idea what this lady is saying.

Love his footy though........

He was on GuesSEN yesterday & he would have been asked about Matty.

Love listening to Mark Lo speak about the club. The way he handles himself in the media is a credit to himself.

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
Just spent 45 minutes down at the open session at Rumbalara in Shepparton, very dark and cold conditions here today, started to rain which made my visibility (which isn't great at the best of times) even worse, I also have difficulty making out players in training uniforms with hats etc on their heads.

As expected no Kreuzer also no Judd, Yarran or Gibbs.

Rob Wiley conducting training with support staff.

Walker on the sidelines interacting with the fans etc, seemed fine but did get on the change table for minor treatment to his left calf.

He sat back to back with Simpson who was having treatment the entire time I was there on his right ankle.

Graham on the sidelines for the most part, participated in a couple of drills but nothing that involved contact or high intensity.
Not sure what he's issue is but looks very fit, don't think they can get anymore muscle on this kid, really tanked up.

Warnock doing slow straight line running over 30 metres only up and back for a while on the sidelines and then had ice on his left hamstring.

Thomas came of when the rain started and said he needs something for his cold, has been chesty for about a week according to him. Moved alright when he was out there and kicked the ball to advantage well in match simulation drills.

Group drills I seen were focused on inside work, quick hands in a confined but advantage situation (5 on 3) etc, appeared as though they were trying to pressure the player with the ball and the intended receiver etc. This drill also worked on breaking away from congestion with support/shepherding and delivering to a leading forward (Watson, Casboult, Henderson and Jones were these leading forward targets.

Also worked on the quick change of direction or switch of play in the modified version of the old circle work drill, our kicking to advantage in this drill wasn't as sharp as I would expect, this got worse when they went into a brief practice game or match simulation.

Watson moved, marked and kicked well in the match practice exclusively as a forward.

Jaksch came off with a minor tweak to his back, none of the guys on the sidelines looked in too much discomfort and would surely be very cautious with any niggles etc.

If I think of anything else I will post later, need to get back to work, if anyone asks I was on my lunch break very early.....;)

Last edited:

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Just spent 45 minutes down at the open session at Rumbalara in Shepparton, very dark and cold conditions here today, started to rain which made my visibility (which isn't great at the best of times) even worse, I also have difficulty making out players in training uniforms with hats etc on their heads.

As expected no Kreuzer also no Judd, Yarran or Gibbs.

Rob Wiley conducting training with support staff.

Walker on the sidelines interacting with the fans etc, seemed fine but did get on the change table for minor treatment to his left calf.

He sat back to back with Simpson who was having treatment the entire time I was there on his right ankle.

Graham on the sidelines for the most part, participated in a couple of drills but nothing that involved contact or high intensity.
Not sure what he's issue is but looks very fit, don't think they can get anymore muscle on this kid, really tanked up.

Warnock doing slow straight line running over 30 metres only up and back for a while on the sidelines and then had ice on his left hamstring.

Thomas came of when the rain started and said he needs something for his cold, has been chesty for about a week according to him. Moved alright when he was out there and kicked the ball to advantage well in match simulation drills.

Group drills I seen were focused on inside work, quick hands in a confined but advantage situation (5 on 3) etc, appeared as though they were trying to pressure the player with the ball and the intended receiver etc. This drill also worked on breaking away from congestion with support/shepherding and delivering to a leading forward (Watson, Casboult, Henderson and Jones were these leading forward targets.

Also worked on the quick change of direction or switch of play in the modified version of the old circle work drill, our kicking to advantage in this drill wasn't as sharp as I would expect, this got worse when they went into a brief practice game or match simulation.

Watson moved, marked and kicked well in the match practice exclusively as a forward.

Jaksch came off with a minor tweak to his back, none of the guys on the sidelines looked in too much discomfort and would surely be very cautious with any niggles etc.

If I think of anything else I will post later, need to get back to work, if anyone asks I was on my lunch break very early.....;)

Well done JK. Now go and have your lunch break. You've earned it.

Back