Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton’s 1-4 year players return to training on November 5, while the full playing list will return by November 17.

It starts again.

“The more numbers you have on the training track, the better the full ground drills work – particularly the game oriented ones. It will help us enormously ahead of next season."

It's was obvious last year just how few players were involved in full drills.
What a difference it will make having a fit squad.

Young players go back on November 5th, with the rest of the group resuming on November 17th.
That is a lot longer than an 8 week break, have the rules changed regarding the length of the time off?

KreuzWedding.jpg

Guy even gets married in a Navy (almost navy) Blue suit..............Gotta love the Kreuze Missile.

This part of that article is somewhat disappointing.
Reading into that, that we may not see too much of Giles next year.

After seeing how Jack Trengrove will be operated on again soon and to be in a cast for another 2 months after already being out since Round 2 2014, its easy to see how scary the navicular injuries really are, so to hear that Giles injury is going slower than expected is not a real suprise.

I hope I am wrong, and cant wait to see him play, but cant imagine he will do much till 2nd half of the season at best - for his long term future I hope we take it very slow.

Navicular injuries are right up there in my mind with ACLs and Achilles as the injuries that scare me most for players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to get to Princes Park and sit on the outer wing in the sun.
Something about going out to Carlton in the middle of Summer watching the boys train.

Do you go there in nothing but a fawn coloured overcoat?

After seeing how Jack Trengrove will be operated on again soon and to be in a cast for another 2 months after already being out since Round 2 2014, its easy to see how scary the navicular injuries really are, so to hear that Giles injury is going slower than expected is not a real suprise.

I hope I am wrong, and cant wait to see him play, but cant imagine he will do much till 2nd half of the season at best - for his long term future I hope we take it very slow.

Navicular injuries are right up there in my mind with ACLs and Achilles as the injuries that scare me most for players.

We have not managed Giles well at all.
We rushed him back too early and he damaged it further.
His injury is very serious....

We have not managed Giles well at all.
We rushed him back too early and he damaged it further.
His injury is very serious....

Rushed him back?

He hasn't played since he injured it. And has been in a moon boot since the original surgery.

Not sure how that constitutes rushed back too early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back