Preview Training reports, pics, training discussion, mustachioed 80s heartthrobs

P_Crippy

Club Legend
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Hope mods don't mind me starting the thread, but 1-4 year players are back on the track today according to the blues website. For me 2016 starts today and i'll try and get to a few sessions over the summer and report back as i'm sure others will too.
Will be watching Liam Jones pre-season closely.

Mar 25, 2010
South Yarra Vic 3141
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/924da16ffc1ea7ae952b995fd2932430

CARLTON starts its pre-season campaign with the athleticism of its no. 1 pick being compared to Chris Judd and star Patrick Cripps at career-best fitness levels.

It is understood Cripps personally hired the same running coach who completed a transformation over his body over last summer.:D:D

The club’s maligned defender Kristian Jaksch also took part in daily personal fitness sessions after a disappointing first year at Carlton.:D

Last edited:

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Hope mods don't mind me starting the thread, but 1-4 year players are back on the track today according to the blues website. For me 2016 starts today and i'll try and get to a few sessions over the summer and report back as i'm sure others will too.
Will be watching Liam Jones pre-season closely.
No doubt he will be an explosive beast.

Once they're made premium, there is no workaround.

Gahh.

It will be a fluff piece I know. But pre-season training is a magical time when the reality of how we will perform hasn't yet smashed into my expectations

Gahh.

It will be a fluff piece I know. But pre-season training is a magical time when the reality of how we will perform hasn't yet smashed into my expectations

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/924da16ffc1ea7ae952b995fd2932430

CARLTON starts its pre-season campaign with the athleticism of its no. 1 pick being compared to Chris Judd and star Patrick Cripps at career-best fitness levels.

The Blues “rebuild” will start from ground zero given new coach Brendon Bolton has lost many of the club’s talented players amid an extraordinary 15 list changes.
But the building blocks include four of top 19 picks in November 24’s national daft and best-and-fairest winner Patrick Cripps, who won the award in only his second season.

It is understood Cripps personally hired the same running coach who completed a transformation over his body over last summer.
That decision was seen as the secret weapon that turned him from a stocky inside midfielder to a powerful runner who kicked goals on the spread.
Cripps shared his off-season break between his home of Northampton and Perth, barely taking a day off his fitness program.

The club’s maligned defender Kristian Jaksch also took part in daily personal fitness sessions after a disappointing first year at Carlton.

In a fortnight the Blues are set to use their first pick on 195cm centre half back Jacob Weitering, often compared to Cats defender Harry Taylor given his marking gifts.

AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan said the Dandenong Stringrays key defender blew away recruiters with his draft combine beep test.

“It was brilliant to see him work out at the combine,’’ Sheehan said.

“He is a kid of 195cm and 96kg and he rattled off a 15.1 beep test. You wouldn’t have seen that 15 years ago. That’s elite. That’s Chris Judd stuff from 2001.
“Here is this kid who plays centre half back and he is just a marvellous athlete and he didn’t look to get out of anything or miss any testing.

He wanted to embrace everything and he turns 18 the day before the draft. So whatever happens happens, but it’s going to be a great birthday present for him and he will be that prepared to go day one.”

Judd’s 15.1 beep test in his draft year was exceptional for that time, with West Australian draft prospect Josh Schoenfelt (16.02) this year getting close to Billy Hartung’s combine record of 16.6.

Dandenong Stingrays talent manager Mark Wheeler said 17-year-old Weitering was an exceptional package.

“I was on the fence watching that beep test and he might hide it well but he is super competitive. He just hates being beaten and he was pulling (Stingrays draft prospect) Kieran Collins with him.

“His biggest strength is he understands where he is going. In 10 years’ time when you catch up with him he will be the same Jacob. The AFL system won’t change him.

“He is very team-oriented, he understands the game, he isn’t super quick but he defends well and reads it in the air and he has amazing hands.

“We chucked him forward in the preliminary final because we were running out of options and he kicked two goals.

“The year before as a 17-year-old we played him on a wing. He is 195cm with a 15 beep test. You never know, he might be another Fyfe.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Gahh.

They either don't always get flagged as premium, or they aren't premium for the first hour or so, so if you're quick you can catch them that way.

That said, it's just one paper; most of the content will be elsewhere.

Good to hear from both of these kids !!!!!!! Now what we need to do is handcuff Smith to Cripps so he is dragged around on the same program. I think Cripps would put the smack down on Smith is he wasn't pulling his weight.

Sounds like it's especially hard for Smith to pull his weight at the moment...

Peter Bell

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I just

1) Clicked on link. Sent to subscription only page
2) Highlighted article name. Right click "Search google for "Article name"" option
3) Click on link for HS article
4) ?????
5) Profit

For some reason it doesn't always work.
This just worked for me.

Anybody found any pics from training yet? Wanna see which players look the goods (bulked up/slimmed down). I noticed that there's already been results posted for the Saints' time trial.

Kernafides

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Old Social Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Getting in early based on reports from previous years ;):

X player has put on so much size, could be a break out year
X player is flying one to watch I reckon
Our depth looks so much better, can't fit everyone into my best 22
Haven't seen this much positivity and voice in the group before
Skills seem so much better