Pre-season and Rookie Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the point of the pre-season draft when 90% of teams pass instead of picking year after year.?
Because as far as I can see there is no option besides the National Draft for a player who chooses to delist himself. With the players in control of Free Agency, I believe there will always be an option for the player (such as the PSD) other than the national draft.

No love for

Kietel
Bampton
Taylor
Wilkinson
Bower
McDonough
Markov
Grace
Johansen
Lim
Eddy

Seems there are some hard done by kids there.
very surprised with the talent on that list.
what are the knocks on wilkinson

To be fair, those big names were pretty much all contracted this year. Membrey, whilst not a big name yet, wouldve gone pick one in the PSD had Sydney not done us a favour and delisted him.

If we were to get a big name from another club, I'd expect us to pay properly for him - but use the PSD as an empty threat. But I think next year is the concern for you guys, no trolling, just expect the rumours until they are all signed up.

No its just the nuffies on the net that continue to sprout the line "we wont trade because X player will be free in the PSD". Fact is, it never happens.

still we are a mile off it yet. Can't see us threatening you guys in 2015.

Maybe but you have the nucleus to a good side in 2 years or so. Our side is in the window, don't love our draft though- more who we let go than anything

Certainly not surprising. Anyone who can't kick and has no outside game won't usually end up on an AFL list, no matter how good their inside game is.

165197-04b77e36-42f3-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the knock on Taylor Keitel? It seems he was a pretty popular pick in most of the phantom drafts
Tested very very poorly for endurance and repeat-sprints at the combine and not very well for speed, so that probably played a huge part and probably also explained why he didn't play any reserves or senior grade footy in the WAFL this year. Has talent though, so hopefully he gets picked up some time down the track.

Tested very very poorly for endurance and repeat-sprints at the combine and not very well for speed, so that probably played a huge part and probably also explained why he didn't play any reserves or senior grade footy in the WAFL this year. Has talent though, so hopefully he gets picked up some time down the track.

So, he was seen as a Plodder?

The good thing about Long is he's been training with the club since 2010. So while I don't believe that he is some freakish talent that we've managed to keep under wraps. You'd think that the club would have a good idea about his chances of making it at AFL level.

They've made him do the long walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back