Training Pre season training 2016 - Butterfly effect

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I understood at the training session yesterday: Lumumba, Dawes, Terlich, Watts, Trengove, JKH, Max King, Weideman and Petracca are in the rehab group. All at various stages of their rehabilitation which I overheard is a A-D graded system. Oliver & Spencer also seemed to be on lighter duties.

Most interesting thing I overheard was when a fan came over to Lumumba and asked him how his rehab was tracking & whether he would be ready for NAB. Harry said he's not going to push himself to hard, but told the fan not to worry because he reckon's we'll be playing finals this year.

Now as much as I'm not a fan of old H, that's a whole new level of optimism!

Oliver injured or just one of those planned light duties rookies find themselves on to avoid burnout?

Oliver injured or just one of those planned light duties rookies find themselves on to avoid burnout?

I don't think he's injured. I think they're just being cautious. Guessing that could mean he might be lining up for Round 1. Guessing they're doing it with Spencer just in case something happens to the beast with the beard.

Most interesting thing I overheard was when a fan came over to Lumumba and asked him how his rehab was tracking & whether he would be ready for NAB. Harry said he's not going to push himself to hard, but told the fan not to worry because he reckon's we'll be playing finals this year.

Now as much as I'm not a fan of old H, that's a whole new level of optimism!

... unless he's been on the hotline to the Dalai Lama again & knows something we don't ;)

I don't mind H thinking we'll be making finals. We've got a young list, with some players a chance for big years. If we can get a bit of a roll on, stop losing to pus sides like Carlton, Essendon et al, we should be around the mark. I'd rather he say '* it we're making finals this year' and putting some optimistic expectations on the team than spit out the contrived bullshit about 'the processes/structures are more important than results'.

I don't mind H thinking we'll be making finals. We've got a young list, with some players a chance for big years. If we can get a bit of a roll on, stop losing to pus sides like Carlton, Essendon et al, we should be around the mark. I'd rather he say '**** it we're making finals this year' and putting some optimistic expectations on the team than spit out the contrived bullshit about 'the processes/structures are more important than results'.

Agreed. Plus, the club itself has been open about aiming for finals in 2016, so I surely hope the players are thinking the same thing.

You too. Triggered my like response.

I'm just a puppet on this board.

Ill remember that if my post to like ratio gets too low. What does an image of Hogan do to you?

687536-8fd68bbc-56b4-11e5-838d-6a3f8fd17c8a.jpg

Ill remember that if my post to like ratio gets too low. What does an image of Hogan do to you?

687536-8fd68bbc-56b4-11e5-838d-6a3f8fd17c8a.jpg
I'll hit like once I regain consciousness

Edit: whoa! Where am I? Oh yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap. Only this board could be so self-centred. Gonna admit, I thought we had learnt. A decade of garbage. Never thought that could happen. I've watched kid after kid fail.

Surely we have learnt. Always talking about these kids, hyping them up. Gonna be the next superstar. Only us Dees fans could be so stupid.

Don't worry, at least you can take solace in the first letter of every sentence in this post.

Holy crap. Only this board could be so self-centred. Gonna admit, I thought we had learnt. A decade of garbage. Never thought that could happen. I've watched kid after kid fail.

Surely we have learnt. Always talking about these kids, hyping them up. Gonna be the next superstar. Only us Dees fans could be so stupid.

Don't worry, at least you can take solace in the first letter of every sentence in this post.

This post is one of the most brilliant things Ive ever seen. Including the time I saw a unicorn.

Can someone photo shop this so it looks like he's holding the Brownlow? Or the Coleman? Or the Norm Smith? Or all Three? That's sure to get some likes.
I pretty much did that all in my head

Any danger of getting an actual training report in this thread? Feels like forever ago. Where the **** is tasmanlvr ? He's forgotten his roots.
Don't make me go to Demonland and sift through the endless drivel from those whining, miserable campaigners.
Totally agree I am absolutely hanging out for some updates of how everything is progressing.. got some serious blue balls in terms of footy info and it's killing me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back