Training Pre-Season Training, News & Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

From today's training session

@KROCKFootball: He might be the reigning GeelongCats best & fairest, but @MarkBlicavs is chasing more improvement.
https://t.co/LrqqQgO6qf
My love for Blicavs just keeps on growing. Seriously, does anyone else think this guy is our next Jimmy "Mr Fix-It" Bartel? Only considerably taller, and with literally Olympic-standard athleticism?! His preference is to move into the midfield full time, Lord knows that the sky is the limit for him! What a great get, every year I have to pinch myself a little harder!

I am hoping that Motlop's pic is just bad timing, mid-exhale. Reminds me of this one of Hackett a few years ago:
300granthackett.jpg

My love for Blicavs just keeps on growing. Seriously, does anyone else think this guy is our next Jimmy "Mr Fix-It" Bartel? Only considerably taller, and with literally Olympic-standard athleticism?! His preference is to move into the midfield full time, Lord knows that the sky is the limit for him! What a great get, every year I have to pinch myself a little harder!
I'd love to have a balanced list so plauers can just play their ideal positions rather than be forced to plug holes in our structure.

I am just constantly suprised by him, he meets and seems to excel with every challenge thrown his way.
Simply a remarkable story/effort

I'd love to have a balanced list so plauers can just play their ideal positions rather than be forced to plug holes in our structure.
Could trial Blicavs in the middle sooner rather than later with the recruitment of Smith; The funny thing is I can't foresee what position Blitz will play in 5 years time if all goes to plan. In my opinion, Guthrie will be a midfielder, Thurlow will play down back, Motlop will be a forward, Duncan will continue to play in the middle etc; these are all predictable acquisitions. Blitz though? Forward? With a bit of polish on his overhead mark and another preseason of set shot practice it is easily achievable. Defence? I can't argue with his composure and defensive nature, and he could run with his opponent all day. Ruck? He's already shown positive signs for the past few seasons. Midfield? A quick, reliable, ruck-sized mid that can play out 4 quarters? Dreaming. Or am I?

Cannot rate this kid enough. Our best pickup in terms of potential, by a long way IMO.

I am just constantly suprised by him, he meets and seems to excel with every challenge thrown his way.
Simply a remarkable story/effort
He singlehandedly outperformed every other Cats player in his 3rd season, although many players expected to perform did play well below their standards. I'm on the Blitzwagon and I'm not even ashamed. Geelong's faith in an underdog is paying off, once again.

Boy that looks like Mackie top left corner he must be lost.:)
Weights23113.jpg
Maybe he's just waiting for roll call to be done. Knots on cotton muscles have worked alright for him so far, why change for the last 2 years :)

Who's this alongside Lonergan?
I'm assuming one of the conditioning blokes.... I think he looks like that bloke we got who was working with the Wallabies, but I haven't had a chance to google him to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking how Tommy is looking it looks as if he has dropped a few kegs, hopefully it points to him getting back to his leading best and not the wrestling trap he has been in the past few years

He singlehandedly outperformed every other Cats player in his 3rd season, although many players expected to perform did play well below their standards. I'm on the Blitzwagon and I'm not even ashamed. Geelong's faith in an underdog is paying off, once again.

He's a total freak, and fancy it was Guthrie's old man who said, "we know this guy who's a runner" ~ it's just unreal!

Last edited:
I loved all the fluff pieces under the pics.
"Father to be, Bartel....."

Give me a spell.

He has a strange body type, but damn Motlops rig looks sloppy in some photos.

Yeah and if you look closely in that picture of the big guys doing the beep test there is someone concealed (coming last) behind Zac smith, and in the next photo (which the caption says is distance running but which has clearly only been taken moments later) you can see that it's bloody Motlop ha ha!

Last edited:
He has a strange body type, but damn Motlops rig looks sloppy in some photos.
Whatcha on about ? :p
Training23116.jpg

I wonder if he's a "hard gainer" so they've just "bulk at all costs" and we'll sort out the rest later?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back