Training Pre-Season Training, News & Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have evidence to the contrary?
I'm not disputing you don't lie.. just giving my views on walking.

I never in my life walked.. The ump is there to give you out and I felt I got bent over enough with not being given wickets when I bowled that it balanced out :D

Do you have evidence to the contrary?
As my many mates at VicPol told me…

Deny everything, admit nothing, ask for proof and make counter allegations…. :cool:

GO Catters

I'm not disputing you don't lie.. just giving my views on walking.

I never in my life walked.. The ump is there to give you out and I felt I got bent over enough with not being given wickets when I bowled that it balanced out :D
My stumps could be lying flat on the ground and I'd still argue the point.

As an aside, I was run out for 49 in an u/14's grand final by kicking the ball back to the bowler and I stood my ground for 5 minutes arguing.

My stumps could be lying flat on the ground and I'd still argue the point.

As an aside, I was run out for 49 in an u/14's grand final by kicking the ball back to the bowler and I stood my ground for 5 minutes arguing.
Neither of your points overly surprise me :D

Neither of your points overly surprise me :D
I'm a competitive beast... a perfectionist.

If you seen my hand writing your jaw would drop. :p

Zero chance of that happening.
Don't see why not.

Second offense if it happened. Are we are speculating as it has not. Deserves the whack IF it occurred. PLG and CS/Hocking would be involved im sure - perhaps that is the basis of your skepticism?

Go Catters

I'm a competitive beast... a perfectionist.

If you seen my hand writing your jaw would drop. :p
Given what I can do with a brush if you saw mine yours probably would as well :D

Given what I can do with a brush if you saw mine yours probably would as well :D
Yours would drop more than mine because I expect as such from a sign writer. ;)

Don't see why not.

Second offense if it happened. Are we are speculating as it has not. Deserves the whack IF it occurred. PLG and CS/Hocking would be involved im sure - perhaps that is the basis of your skepticism?

Go Catters

Yep. It is. I don't think they've got it in them to discipline senior players. They watched Johnson get suspended many times and did nothing about it. Contrary to Tom Harley for example.

And just like any skeptic, when there's evidence I'll change my view.

Yep. It is. I don't think they've got it in them to discipline senior players. They watched Johnson get suspended many times and did nothing about it. Contrary to Tom Harley for example.

Not just Johnson either. The captain didn't lead by example on more than one occasion... a reason why I'm a critic of the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wont dispute that - but they did eventually send him on his way.
Not saying its direct cause and effect, but id say there was some of that in there amongst other issues.

Go Catters

Wont dispute that - but they did eventually send him on his way.
Not saying its direct cause and effect, but id say there was some of that in there amongst other issues.

Go Catters

Not just Johnson either. There seemed to be an epidemic of suspensions at some points, and it was mostly senior players without any repercussions.

Not just Johnson either. There seemed to be an epidemic of suspensions at some points, and it was mostly senior players without any repercussions.
Apart from the suspension part.

I was quite steadfast on that point previously and was gunned down.

Im not going to skewer a bloke who takes 8 weeks off a year in the off season. Provided he then puts the work back in to get back to where he needs to be.

Go Catters
I see what you did there. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Undisciplined acts that had a flow on effect to the rest of the side.
Apart from his chicken wing tackle for which he was duly punished for some examples would be nice.

Especially given I thought it was a bit of a normal season for Selwood albeit slightly subdued from him best.

Undisciplined acts that had a flow on effect to the rest of the side.
he was a bit of a cranky campaigner this year, and seemed to grapple and scrag a lot more..

I just put that down to frustration in the way the side was going, and that he wasn't going as well as he liked... he did also have a balloon for a hand for a while... but I can't remember him being an overly negative influence in that regard.

he was a bit of a cranky campaigner this year, and seemed to grapple and scrag a lot more..

I just put that down to frustration in the way the side was going, and that he wasn't going as well as he liked... he did also have a balloon for a hand for a while... but I can't remember him being an overly negative influence in that regard.
Merely my perception. Not just himself being undisciplined but he seemed to tolerate the actions of teammates around him not playing for the team. I thought he captained poorly on field last season... may have been frustration due to a broken hand but that's hardly an excuse from the captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back