Predict the 'break out' player of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennell was tonights contender

I watched the first quarter and part of the second, what did he do? He didn't stand out (for better or worse) in the part I watched.

I don't particularly want to watch the entire game (for obvious reasons), were there specific passages of play or was he just generally solid in defense and good on the rebound?

Bennell was only rag dolled a couple of times last night which was good. He's not a high meterage line breaker but he's generating some fast dashes through traffic where in the past players like Butler would have been forced backwards.

I'll still go with Tunbridge. 3.1 goals and 6 marks from restricted game time in a side that got utterly flogged out of the guts. He's a freak.

I'll still go with Tunbridge. 3.1 goals and 6 marks from restricted game time in a side that got utterly flogged out of the guts.
I really hope he is in the team soon. Was at the Adelaide game really close to his tackle and goal, was ferocious. Get him in!

Bennell was only rag dolled a couple of times last night which was good. He's not a high meterage line breaker but he's generating some fast dashes through traffic where in the past players like Butler would have been forced backwards.

I'll still go with Tunbridge. 3.1 goals and 6 marks from restricted game time in a side that got utterly flogged out of the guts. He's a freak.

What constitutes "restricted game time"? He'll have needed to play a fair chunk to get into the seniors, even with out poor performance I'd think.

Darling will be the breakout player strong hands in marking duels goal kicking, tackling ,chasing got all the tools

who knew that he`d get tried as a big body in the midfield and even if he doesn`t find the ball he can block and lay bruising tackles ,

Darling will be the breakout player strong hands in marking duels goal kicking, tackling ,chasing got all the tools

who knew that he`d get tried as a big body in the midfield and even if he doesn`t find the ball he can block and lay bruising tackles ,

Still one sided when he goes to handball, but I'll give him that, been great this year!

What constitutes "restricted game time"? He'll have needed to play a fair chunk to get into the seniors, even with out poor performance I'd think.

Sitting on the pine for large minutes (more than 7 minutes) at the start of the game and the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope he is in the team soon. Was at the Adelaide game really close to his tackle and goal, was ferocious. Get him in!

In the fullness of time, what will be looked back on with fonder rose tinted lenses?
A) Tom Swift's 3 Brownlow votes against Richmond
B) Simon Tunbridge's tackle and goal against Adelaide

Is he managing to change your view of him? He is a lot better than what I expected; which wasn't much.

Is he managing to change your view of him? He is a lot better than what I expected; which wasn't much.

In the physical stakes yes. He was always composed and zippy player with good disposal, but he was beaten by a few wafl players for strength last year which made me question that side of his game.

He's still yet to be tested against some good players but I'm more hopeful.

Bennell's run is used sparingly as well, which I like. I feel like if we drew too much attention to his work he would be ragdolled by a more physical opponent. Keeping him as the 'break in case of emergency' option feels appropriate then, like in Geelong on the weekend - the ball wasn't getting stuck in our defensive 50 for as extended periods of time.

In the fullness of time, what will be looked back on with fonder rose tinted lenses?
A) Tom Swift's 3 Brownlow votes against Richmond
B) Simon Tunbridge's tackle and goal against Adelaide
Sure, Simon has to work on getting more of the ball, but he has heaps to work with. Aggression, great skills, the ability to kick multiple goals. I have faith he will have a longer career than Swifty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back