Predict the 'break out' player of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

In the physical stakes yes. He was always composed and zippy player with good disposal, but he was beaten by a few wafl players for strength last year which made me question that side of his game.

He's still yet to be tested against some good players but I'm more hopeful.
bennell killed wingard

ive previously tipped wellingham and sheed..updating now to Bennell, darling, rosa, Yeo to come. that was easy! a bit disappointed with wellingham to date, seems to ride shotgun on outside of packs a lot, and his flapping hands are annoying me as much as Coxys waving arms!?

I think Yeo will be the one to take the next step. He is already getting more of the ball down back then he did last year and he is playing with confidence and taking the game on and getting the ball forward quickly. I still think he should stay down back for this year though before he moves into the midfield.

As much as I like Yeo I just wanted to point out that this is all incorrect.

He averaged more touches in both his 2 years at Brisbane. So he's not getting more of the ball.
The only thing up at all for Yeo in 2014 is his tackling average, which has basically doubled.

I also think he was taking the game on more at Brisbane. I've been saying all year that he's being underutilized. I know exactly what he can do because I saw it at Brisbane, I just don't think he's getting off the leash and allowed to play his natural game at the moment.

^ That may sound like I'm dissing Yeo or your post, but I'm actually just pointing it out. I've been watching him closely all year because I'm a big fan ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-04-22/pie-spared-jail-hawks-hurting-and-more

There's some talk of Rosa potentially heading back to Victoria as a free agent (4:48 in). He doesn't sound particularly committed to staying an Eagle. He's been outstanding for us so far this year so it's more than a little concerning.

The fact he said he was open to earlier discussion sounds to me he is keen on staying and just wanting to get more money now that he is in pretty good form.

Is it just my TV or has Brown started in the centre square a few times. He is starting to become a valuable and quite flexible players. I wonder how he would go as a big bodied tagger?
Regardless, it is great that we can afford to rest Glass for a low key away game this week and give Brown more room to work as a key defender.

Is it just my TV or has Brown started in the centre square a few times. He is starting to become a valuable and quite flexible players. I wonder how he would go as a big bodied tagger?
Regardless, it is great that we can afford to rest Glass for a low key away game this week and give Brown more room to work as a key defender.

It's either your tv or your eyes. One of them is broken.

Throw in Ellis as well ;)

Ellis has been great for us, but he's a premiership player, so I wouldn't call him "breakout" even if he becomes one of our best. To be honest, I'm just praying that he stays breakless while at the Eagles.

I definitely saw it a few times - not as a centre 4 combo but on the outside of the box and running into the contest. Definitely like the idea!

Brown is my choice for big improver of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back